Do not fix raid boss

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Do not fix raid boss

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Do not fix raid boss

Gree, you've incompetently stumbled into another opportunity to prove me wrong that you're just as incompetent at game management as game coding by NOT fixing the raid boss.

As yourselves if what you're going to do would put all your players on an even playing field, and then realize NO IT WON'T. Turning off the mistaken energy refill loads? Oh, sorry you guys that thought you had several days to work on the pre-announced quest on the same terms everyone else did. Handing out orbs? Fine, I suppose, as long as that's all you do AND you apologize to people that spent the last cycle farming orbs as usual. I'm sure there are other possibilities for what cracked-out crap you could do, but the point remains that it will advantage some players and some guilds over others unless you LEAVE IT ALONE. That way, we're all facing the same broken quest with the same opportunities.

I've had this debate here several times with other players who contend that "obvious errors" should be expected to be fixed by you. The problem with that line of thinking is not only does it rest on your, shall I say, less than respectable level of consistency, but it also leaves no clear path forward for your player base. Should we be spending our orbs for energy refills, or as an "obvious error" are you going to take those away? Should we spend down into the orbs we'd normally need to finish a usual quest, assuming you actually will hand some out? Should we sit on our hands, potentially missing those opportunities that other players and guilds will get, just because we dont want any risk of missing out on the "usual" quest rewards? Anybody that thinks they have an answer is just guessing.

As a final note, I'll also just say there was nothing stopping me from pressing the "available loot" button before summoning numerous level 5 bosses, so it's not like I or anyone else was cheated out of orbs.

Seriously, show you have some critical-thinking abilities for once and leave this all as-is.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    It doesn't look like it will / can be fixed at this point. We'll have to see what Gree will do about it when they return to the forum.

All get the rewards?
    None get the rewards?

Either way no one gains or loses ground, but all getting the rewards makes the players feel better.
    Purple Squirrel

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Fix it - I'm sure some guilds would like to do it

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunagirl View Post
    Fix it - I'm sure some guilds would like to do it
    Yes, I'm sure there are guilds that would like some advantage over others. Mine would!

But there's no way to fix it in a fair manner. Unless you have some more specific ideas?

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Lol - nothing is fair - everyone makes choices on how they play just saying some may like raid boss to happen. And then everyone still has the opportunity to play.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunagirl View Post
    Lol - nothing is fair - everyone makes choices on how they play just saying some may like raid boss to happen. And then everyone still has the opportunity to play.
    It's not like raid boss won't ever come out again. It will happen again next cycle. But this, however, maybe a once in a lifetime occurrence! I'm having more fun with the game farming these last 2 days then I've been for the past year!

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    As we know peeps have lost there job were have to see if the rest of the main events are going to be broken, I don't mind this RB time off is always good