Which money building should I buy?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which money building should I buy?

Prominent Poet
    Post Count

Which money building should I buy?

I'm thinking of buying a new expensive building...

My choices are:

Underboss' House: Income $4,400 collect in 3 hours - Cost $1,500,000

Russian Restaurant: Income $10,500 collect in 6 hours - Cost $2,000,000

Modern Loft: Income $2,500 collect in 1 hour - Cost $3,000,000

So what do you think is the best one?

*Disclaimer: I have the funds to buy any buildings

Lurker
    Post Count
    If you don't want to sleep,you can choose Modern Loft.lol(just kidding)

Post Count
    I guess if your defense is impregnable, the loft would be the way to go. I am setting my buildings so that I can farm them at timed intervals of 12-24-48 so I don't have to worry about robberies as much.

None of the buildings you listed seem like a huge value to me.

Verbose Veteran whocareswhatmynameis's Avatar
    Post Count
    agree with @max power.

if no alternative for 12/24/48 building, i would probably buy russian restaurant (because you only have to check in every 6 hours). have you considered upgrading your lofts or movie theaters?
    (updated mar 16 2012)
    CrimeCity: joined 176 days ago; lvl: 124; size: 695; att/def: 25875/31785; $238,993/hr; qwikster --- 783 445 600

ModernWar: AWOL

Consistent Contributor schnuffler's Avatar
    Post Count
    ^^ What he said. I'd be spending the money upgrading lofts if you haven't already. You can get an additional $4583/hour on the loft for approx $M3.39, whereas that $3M on the modern loft will get you $2750/hour without taking into account the number of times you can't collect due to it being an hourly collection building.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by schnuffler View Post
    ^^ What he said. I'd be spending the money upgrading lofts if you haven't already. You can get an additional $4583/hour on the loft for approx $M3.39, whereas that $3M on the modern loft will get you $2750/hour without taking into account the number of times you can't collect due to it being an hourly collection building.
    That's a common ploy with many of the buildings in this game. They give you better value at the lower upgrade levels, but when comparing them to other buildings, the have a lower ceiling. The example you give is a case in point. The Modern Loft I bet tops out much higher at level 10 than the regular loft. Not an issue for most people now, but months down the road when your economy is sailing, it could be better use of space to have the more expensive building.

Post Count
    None of the above.
    I personally build only 8/12/24/48 hour buildings to maximize my collection rate. I hardly ever get robbed now and i can collect FULL amounts of the building payouts.

For example, laundromats are useless for me. They pay out every 5 minutes, however, its nearly impossible to collect every 5 minutes therefore you loose income from a laundromat because you can't collect its total payout. Sure it pads your income per hour number, but its a false sense of your income since you don't actually pick up every 5 minutes.

If you did maximize that, you would have to pick up 12 times an hour or 288 times per day (24 hours). That's very unlikely.

If you had to pick one, i would go with Russian Restruant,

Duke
    Crime City 134 879 357
    Modern War 124 871 397

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    I finally bought the modern loft

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram View Post
    I finally bought the modern loft
    Cool How long does that take to build?

Duke
    Crime City 134 879 357
    Modern War 124 871 397

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Can someone enlighten me on why I should be building the expensive buildings like the Russian Restaurant? At $2m for $10,500/6 hr, i need to collect 190 times to breakeven, or 48 days continuously. Will I be still playing the game more than 1 month from now? And thats only breakeven... to make 10% for the cost of cash in the bank, I need to play another week after that. All in, about 2 months to make economic returns.

I have finished building out and upgrading most of the lower level buildings and at $15k/hr income. If i go by economic returns, I am about at the optimal point. Any further it just dun make sense. Can someone advise me on whether I am right to think this way?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TemplarX View Post
    Can someone enlighten me on why I should be building the expensive buildings like the Russian Restaurant? At $2m for $10,500/6 hr, i need to collect 190 times to breakeven, or 48 days continuously. Will I be still playing the game more than 1 month from now? And thats only breakeven... to make 10% for the cost of cash in the bank, I need to play another week after that. All in, about 2 months to make economic returns.

I have finished building out and upgrading most of the lower level buildings and at $15k/hr income. If i go by economic returns, I am about at the optimal point. Any further it just dun make sense. Can someone advise me on whether I am right to think this way?
    For me its about how often you can collect your buildings. The 5min/1/3/6 hour buildings are impossible to collect on a regular basis. For example, to get the full 24 hours a day payout of a 1 hour building, you have to collect 24 times a day. That's un-realistic for me and i find i get a FULL payout when using the 12/24/48 hour buildings much more so then the 1/3/6 buildings. Also, they have less chance of being robbed since they only pay out once or twice a day.

When i first started i used mostly the 1/3/6 hour buildings and i noticed that they kept being robbed often, i couldn't collect fully to make them worth my time or upgrade cost (either because its robbed or because you can't collect every hour on the hour to maximize the payout).

Its preference i think. There is no right or wrong way to do it. I just find i collect more and more often using the 8/12/24/48 hour buildings.

Duke
    Crime City 134 879 357
    Modern War 124 871 397

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    But even if you are perfectly synchronized with the Russian Restaurant, collecting perfectly on the dot at the 6th hour mark, and you don't get robbed at all, it still takes you 48 days to breakeven. Is it worth it?

Post Count
    But even if you are perfectly synchronized with the Russian Restaurant, collecting perfectly on the dot at the 6th hour mark, and you don't get robbed at all, it still takes you 48 days to breakeven. Is it worth it?
    Yes your numbers are correct, and honestly, i dont know if its worth it or not. I have not really given it much thought.
    I know that the Movie Theater has a good return on investment however, meaning the money you take to upgrade, it pays out very well over time. But i don't know about the Russian Food Store building.

Duke
    Crime City 134 879 357
    Modern War 124 871 397

Lurker
    Post Count
    Remember money is not the only thing.
    My ultimate goal is to increase money per hour.
    Time is the most limiting factor not money since you can only perform 1 upgrade at a time.

I would rather spend 500K and 12 hours to increase my money per hour by 1K or spend $0 and 12 hours to increase my money per hour by $50.

option 2 has infinitely better ROI but who cares. Time is the most precious commodity in the game not money imo.
    107 238 025

Post Count
    Will I be still playing the game more than 1 month from now?
    I don't know. Will you?

If not, why bother with it now?

This is obviously a strategy game with many long term decisions in it. It's your call, but I am guessing that you will still be playing 6 months from now.