The silence is deafening

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: The silence is deafening

I have some top secret clown business that supersedes any plans that you might have.
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

Question The silence is deafening

Having played MW for 5 years and seen countless posts and threads discussing the demise of modern war and event boycott's, over the last few weeks I have seen things getting quieter, this is the first post in three days in the main forum, I have always brought a little gold to show willing to my brothers in arms during events - but since the change in pricing to gold ratio - currently nearly £50 for 1700, I have even stopped that.

I posted a few months ago that I thought things had got better, I enjoy my faction and will continue to play, I just don't get it, we are a top 20 team and nearly all of us don't need to buy gold, most player regen's are over 80% and a large percentage in the high 90's, why buy gold? especially with these current offers.

I am only putting this forward as something to maybe look at in future meetings with Gree, I'm guessing the increase in cost is to cover a drop in sales, which is due to players not needing to spend, or not wanting to, many of us are able to hit every few minutes - gold free in WD's.

The prizes in nearly all events are awful, we understand even though new special units like the current quad point units seem good, within a few weeks/months we will all have them without having to buy them anyway and the new 5 x points unit will be the star purchase.

I'm sure a plan is in place; this is just my point of view but in the past players have been vocal with their concerns and feelings.

But as someone once said 'Nothing strengthens authority so much as silence'.
    - Seal Team Six - SES - OMT - SF1 -

WD Point Ave 1m - Highest 3.1m

From truth lead me to delusion, from light lead me to darkness, from death lead me to eternal life. Hallelujah! Are you feeling it sire?

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    I quit in January, new year, new start. Playing another game where the developers listen.

That's why this game is dead and people have left - because the developers NEVER listened.

Rule number 1 treat your customers well. But they didn't and thought they knew best.

Oh yeah NOW they are trying to sort it, but only because their revenue is falling, not because they care about you, they just need your money to survive.

I've seen the transcripts of the meetings with SU GG and all but this should've been done two years ago at least.

IMO there are now not enough people spending to keep the game going and it will eventually fold, especially because most things that happen in MW only happen because they were introduced in Crime Citu so they just cut cost by tinkering with that model and it doesn't always fit.

Good luck anyway.

Banned
    Post Count
    I agree with both posts above. Modern War is a good platform of a game, but it's the company that is killing it. And if Natcis who's in a top 20 sees no reason to spend gold to remain competitive that says a lot! How many more until 50 I'll say feel the exact same wY as Narcis? I'm sure that number grows every cycle.

I stated earlier i play for 2 reasons, my faction mates and to see the ge implode, as sadly that's more interesting than the game itself with the current state of the game.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    IMPLODE =

• a : to burst inward <a blow causing a vacuum tube to implode>b : to undergo violent compression <massive stars which implode>

• 2 : to collapse inward as if from external pressure; also : to become greatly reduced as if from collapsing
    • 3 : to break down or fall apart from within : self-destruct <the firm … imploded from greed and factionalism — Jan Hoffman>
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DEWIN NUTTIN View Post
    IMPLODE =

• a : to burst inward <a blow causing a vacuum tube to implode>b : to undergo violent compression <massive stars which implode>

• 2 : to collapse inward as if from external pressure; also : to become greatly reduced as if from collapsing
    • 3 : to break down or fall apart from within : self-destruct <the firm … imploded from greed and factionalism — Jan Hoffman>
    I like number 3- greed and factionalism.