How To Change Forum Name?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: How To Change Forum Name?

  1. #1
    Verbose Veteran Captain Buck Slayer's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2014
    Location
    All warfare is based on deception - Sun Tzu
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    730

    How To Change Forum Name?

    Hey guys, I was just wondering if its possible to change our forum name? I inherited this account from a guy and would like to change it to the name I actually go by (Trapper). I don't see an option to change it anywhere. Thank you in advance for the help.
    Anzac Militia 832-989-145

    Anzac Militia Recruitment Center: https://groupme.com/join_group/27727962/rHUfVB

  2. #2
    Verbose Veteran HellRaizer's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2014
    Location
    England / Essex
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    960
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Buck Slayer View Post
    Hey guys, I was just wondering if its possible to change our forum name? I inherited this account from a guy and would like to change it to the name I actually go by (Trapper). I don't see an option to change it anywhere. Thank you in advance for the help.
    Only Admin could do that. Reach out to a mod and see if they could contact admin for you

  3. #3
    Verbose Veteran Captain Buck Slayer's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2014
    Location
    All warfare is based on deception - Sun Tzu
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    730
    Quote Originally Posted by HellRaizer View Post
    Only Admin could do that. Reach out to a mod and see if they could contact admin for you
    Thank you very much!
    Anzac Militia 832-989-145

    Anzac Militia Recruitment Center: https://groupme.com/join_group/27727962/rHUfVB

  4. #4
    Moderator Vile Lynn's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Location
    in your dreams
    Post Count
    6,410
    Actually, one can get another forum account with a new name, but Admin will not (or cannot) change forum names... never have and many have asked.
    Line ID: clementine88

  5. #5
    Verbose Veteran Captain Buck Slayer's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2014
    Location
    All warfare is based on deception - Sun Tzu
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    730
    Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post
    Actually, one can get another forum account with a new name, but Admin will not (or cannot) change forum names... never have and many have asked.
    I have tried to make a new account and it won't ever send me the validation email. Its bugged. Hence why I aquired this one.
    Anzac Militia 832-989-145

    Anzac Militia Recruitment Center: https://groupme.com/join_group/27727962/rHUfVB

  6. #6
    Verbose Veteran HellRaizer's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2014
    Location
    England / Essex
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    960
    Shame they won't do it for ya.. it's a simple enough admin change in the vBulletin cp admin screen.. (just tested it in a test bulletin board I have)

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Buck Slayer View Post
    I have tried to make a new account and it won't ever send me the validation email. Its bugged. Hence why I aquired this one.
    Vile Lynn can help ya with that one .. Lots of people recently haven't got that email.. they can do something their side to activate a new account and then you also need to get your first 10 posts approved (by a mod) before you can then openly post
    Last edited by HellRaizer; 01-10-2017 at 01:01 AM.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Member Since
    Sep 2013
    Post Count
    768
    Sounds to me like someone doesn't want to to there job.

  8. #8
    Moderator Vile Lynn's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Location
    in your dreams
    Post Count
    6,410
    There is a vBulletin setting that, for some reason, cannot be changed and is meant to catch spam bots. Unfortunately, this setting has flagged almost every email service, including gmail.

    If you do not get an activation email, send me, or any moderator, a PM from the forum account you want activated; we'll forward it to admin to have it activated. Once activated, you'll need 10 posts approved, which is another setting admin cannot change thru vBulletin, but I'll be happy to "fast-track" post approvals in the OT subforum if requested.
    Line ID: clementine88

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •