Gee Wilikers I am Befuddled

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Gee Wilikers I am Befuddled

  1. #1
    Verbose Veteran Red BD's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    "None of your business" -and that's a quote.
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    703

    Gee Wilikers I am Befuddled

    A relatively new acquaintance of mine here in CRIME CITY, I'll call him Goober since that's his name, told me a tale and I'm not sure what to make of it.

    GOOBER: Hey fool I here ya still doing the LTQ to trigger boxes and Bosses- what gives Banana Brain?
    ME: Sure, why not Goob???? I'm a loyal player!
    GOOBER: Well, if you like that leveling up every 2-3 days or weeks, that's your beeswax buddy, but if you wanna help your crew in War that behavior creates a whole crazy weird kind of problem with the way their algorithms decide it all.
    ME: What's a algorithm?
    GOOBER: That's AN algorithm boy... an algorithm..,,..,.

    So is he right????
    "When the going gets weird
    The Weird turn pro."
    -- Hunter S Thompson, True American

  2. #2
    Master of Musings
    Member Since
    Apr 2012
    Location
    England
    Post Count
    3,981
    Yes, he's correct........ It's AN algorithm
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

  3. #3
    Master of Musings TZora's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2012
    Post Count
    3,011
    Quote Originally Posted by Red BD View Post
    A relatively new acquaintance of mine here in CRIME CITY, I'll call him Goober since that's his name, told me a tale and I'm not sure what to make of it.

    GOOBER: Hey fool I here ya still doing the LTQ to trigger boxes and Bosses- what gives Banana Brain?
    ME: Sure, why not Goob???? I'm a loyal player!
    GOOBER: Well, if you like that leveling up every 2-3 days or weeks, that's your beeswax buddy, but if you wanna help your crew in War that behavior creates a whole crazy weird kind of problem with the way their algorithms decide it all.
    ME: What's a algorithm?
    GOOBER: That's AN algorithm boy... an algorithm..,,..,.

    So is he right????
    lol u don't get it, do ya?

    btw, he's saying, don't lvl up too fast. higher lvl players have a disadvantage during wars. low lvl players get more pts when they attack and win against higher lvl players. higher lvl players get less pts when they attack low lvl players.

    and yeah, it is "an algorithm", not "a algorithm"

  4. #4
    Consistent Contributor
    Member Since
    Jul 2015
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by TZora View Post
    lol u don't get it, do ya?

    btw, he's saying, don't lvl up too fast. higher lvl players have a disadvantage during wars. low lvl players get more pts when they attack and win against higher lvl players. higher lvl players get less pts when they attack low lvl players.

    and yeah, it is "an algorithm", not "a algorithm"
    Their formula is all screwed up. I have an Acct that's level 80, can beat some level 250 plus sometimes. Points range from 550-1200 on same health bar.

  5. #5
    Prominent Poet Evan1000's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Pluto
    Post Count
    2,072
    There is an "algorithm" which uses a variety of factors to determine the seemingly random range of influence points you can acquire from hitting someone in war. What it is, no one has the slightest idea and there are many theories and rumors out there, maybe they're right maybe they're wrong. But it is 100% correct that level is a factor.

    Just don't hit anyone below your level and you're good. Try to hit a decent amount above your level and you'll probably get higher ranges of points. I also try to aim for someone whose defense is close to my attack.. whether that makes a difference I have no idea.

    My team when we're going for a win like to call targets, because there's a seemingly accurate theory that if multiple people are hitting the same target your influence points will drop. We have no idea if it actually works, but it seems to work because usually my points stay consistently high when we do that.
    Double Negative is always recruiting. T10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FoTYwwlIQ
    Line id: evan1000

  6. #6
    Newbie
    Member Since
    Jan 2014
    Location
    England
    Post Count
    48
    It's coming to an end soon just like mw

  7. #7
    Articulate Author Dat Guy's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2013
    Post Count
    427
    This game punishes you for actually playing it. In lots of different ways!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Fish View Post
    You really provide a quantity gaming experience.

  8. #8
    Articulate Author ghetto69143's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    407
    Quote Originally Posted by Red BD View Post
    A relatively new acquaintance of mine here in CRIME CITY, I'll call him Goober since that's his name, told me a tale and I'm not sure what to make of it.

    GOOBER: Hey fool I here ya still doing the LTQ to trigger boxes and Bosses- what gives Banana Brain?
    ME: Sure, why not Goob???? I'm a loyal player!
    GOOBER: Well, if you like that leveling up every 2-3 days or weeks, that's your beeswax buddy, but if you wanna help your crew in War that behavior creates a whole crazy weird kind of problem with the way their algorithms decide it all.
    ME: What's a algorithm?
    GOOBER: That's AN algorithm boy... an algorithm..,,..,.

    So is he right????

    Never know until it's done

  9. #9
    Moderator Vile Lynn's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Location
    in your dreams
    Post Count
    6,410
    Hi Red BD! LTNS! heh, yes, algorithms calculates our IPs, item drops, box/crate units, etc... Algorithms are used to generate rivals lists, battle matches, etc... Almost every PvP aspect of the game is controlled with algorithms. Algorithms are used to calculate cash and item drops for PvE, too.
    Using algorithms insures a controlled randomness for repetitive tasks; the programmers set the rules and ranges so we can do the same thing over and over and not get the same exact results every time. (Pardon my lack of technical terms, but that is the way I understand it.) And, most developers like to keep their algorithms mysterious and vague... it's up to the players to figure out things thru player experiences.



    I have asked about the IP range since it seems very wide to me, too.
    Answer: Sometimes it will be in the lower range and sometimes in the higher range; it is the average that matters, not the range.


    Evan is on the right track and there are presumably many factors that calculate our IP per attack: level is one factor. I can only speculate about the other variables in the IP algorithm, like the difference between one's attack and their target's defense... not sure if true or myth. I'd like to believe it's true, but I have no data to confirm this either way.

    I also asked about multiple syndicate mates hitting the same rival target during a BfEC battle and if that lowers one's IP per attack.
    Answer: Many players hitting the same target does not affect IPs.
    This long time myth is finally busted, yay!
    Line ID: clementine88

  10. #10
    Consistent Contributor
    Member Since
    Jul 2015
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post
    Hi Red BD! LTNS! heh, yes, algorithms calculates our IPs, item drops, box/crate units, etc... Algorithms are used to generate rivals lists, battle matches, etc... Almost every PvP aspect of the game is controlled with algorithms. Algorithms are used to calculate cash and item drops for PvE, too.
    Using algorithms insures a controlled randomness for repetitive tasks; the programmers set the rules and ranges so we can do the same thing over and over and not get the same exact results every time. (Pardon my lack of technical terms, but that is the way I understand it.) And, most developers like to keep their algorithms mysterious and vague... it's up to the players to figure out things thru player experiences.



    I have asked about the IP range since it seems very wide to me, too.
    Answer: Sometimes it will be in the lower range and sometimes in the higher range; it is the average that matters, not the range.


    Evan is on the right track and there are presumably many factors that calculate our IP per attack: level is one factor. I can only speculate about the other variables in the IP algorithm, like the difference between one's attack and their target's defense... not sure if true or myth. I'd like to believe it's true, but I have no data to confirm this either way.

    I also asked about multiple syndicate mates hitting the same rival target during a BfEC battle and if that lowers one's IP per attack.
    Answer: Many players hitting the same target does not affect IPs.
    This long time myth is finally busted, yay!
    I beg to differ on that last part Vile. I can use an Acct that is 150+ levels below the one I'm hitting. If its early in battle and most of syn hits them, (we communicate who hits who) my points are way lower than if I hit later in battle on same target with similar accts.

  11. #11
    Master of Musings TZora's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2012
    Post Count
    3,011
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan1000 View Post
    Try to hit a decent amount above your level and you'll probably get higher ranges of points.
    yes, that's why i always tell lvl 300 people to hit lvl 350 to lvl 400 opponents for good points or they are doomed

  12. #12
    Articulate Author
    Member Since
    Apr 2014
    Post Count
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by TZora View Post
    yes, that's why i always tell lvl 300 people to hit lvl 350 to lvl 400 opponents for good points or they are doomed
    Agree there, level 300 and I keep looking for the 350/400 level players but it seems they never around......oh well, back to rubbish points once again for long time players.....

  13. #13
    Newbie
    Member Since
    Aug 2012
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    27
    On the last part you missed one very important part to the question to the developer Vile Lynn, and thank you for answering some of these questions and commenting on them for us as it's very insightful.

    Please ask a developer the following, " Does multiple players hitting the same target, at the same exact time, effect points awarded?"

    After lots of trial and error I am convinced that it does, especially if only 1-2 good targets and try to make a late push to stay ahead and 15 people hitting it the points go from 1400 range to 600 range EVERY TIME without fail on every hit rather then being a random 300 point spread on hits sometimes. So I have to believe it awards points for hits at that moment and divides them somehow based on level of the players.

    Any reply to that question would be appreciated.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •