Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New WD algorithm (high level)

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

New WD algorithm (high level)

Passing this info to folks in here..

This was passed to us by some of the player reps

I assume it ties in with this announcement http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...-Status-Update

I'm still trying to figure it out myself... as are most of the people in the groupme rooms

Lurker
    Post Count
    Sounds like Gree just removed the fun factor from WD.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    It appears to be completely messed up

LLP PAs LLP 800 WDp
    LLP single hit LLP 250wdp (therefore more point than PA)

HLP PAs LLP 900wdp
    HLP single hit LLP 300 (again.. more from single attack)

LLP Derp stronger LLP 350wdp
    HLP Derp stronger HLP 350wdp

So Derp appears to be best

PA seems to be worst which goes against the "overwhelm" your enemy advice.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    That change has just killed my fun.

Now a LV350 who has bad stats can just hit a LV50 and get same points.

How is a low lv player expected to defend himself when he cannot even bring 2k units to battle?

This is not how this game will attract fresh blood. We need new players to compensate the ones who retire.

And how about all the players who play smart and use gold to build stats without leveling too fast? All the years of investment just went to waste.

Only players who have a good ratio stat/level should be rewarded: It is easy to increase both but not easy to increase the first one without the second. This is a basic principle applied in all similar games.
    Last edited by Arnaud; 12-02-2016 at 06:18 PM.
    Please PM if looking to join a consistent Top40 faction both in WD and FL.

Post Count
    It doesn't look like any of the wde point bonus % is working either.
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54
    Because without our players, there would be no game. And we aim to communicate that more.

Signed, CJ and the MW Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Mind View Post
    your children must be so proud of you, do they bring in your phone for show and tell?

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    LOL glad I retired earlier this week

Post Count
    this is total BS. Players with some brains between their ears that have used strategy instead their valet got screwed by Gree. But hey Gree needs to satisfy the whales
    There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.

Donald Rumsfeld

Banned
    Post Count
    Boy o boy gree f the dog on this WD. They had better get a fix ASAP or the the game will be in the toilet. All I can say they're are a bunch of big spenders pissed right now and ready to pull the plug on the game.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Level has no effect now. My level 251 account is just pounding minis because I get the same points as if I was hitting a level 350.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Threats are meaningless. You do, or you don't. Threats without action only award you with more inaction. DEW enjoy, and please remember, the spending lamp is always lit. LOL
    Last edited by DEWIN NUTTIN; 12-04-2016 at 03:19 PM.
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    So are all you guys saying that stats are even more meaningless than before? All those boost building are useless cause I can get the same points attacking a lev10 player as a lev350 even WITHOUT me owning the buildings?

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred View Post
    So are all you guys saying that stats are even more meaningless than before? All those boost building are useless cause I can get the same points attacking a lev10 player as a lev350 even WITHOUT me owning the buildings?
    I agree with your assertion, mate. Many other meaningless things, too, unless you're the entity selling this stuff.
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Banned
    Post Count
    It was nice attacking a level 55 player and still getting 380 points on a normal hit and a normal war. Add on the DS or TS, and you never have to worry about losing.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Yep it's like the special Olympics now, everyone gets a trophy.

Any sort competitiveness is now gone from the game. Just keep tapping.

I can't believe they've messed with the core idea that kept MW tickin' all these years. This might make Gree some money in the short term, but it will really hurt the game in the longer perspective, as there is no longer any motivation for players to grow stats in a meaningful way and spend money outside of WD.

I guess this is the final cash grab before the game is canned.

Banned
    Post Count
    It sure seems like it. Gree has absolutely trashed their game now. Back in the day you wanted to grow stats and keep level low. It meant something in the game, the past year and a half has gotten to be more of a joke every step of the way.