DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Frontline cheating....again. GREE response requested

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

Frontline cheating....again. GREE response requested

I'm sure GREE is aware of it, because they appeared to stop it on the last day of Frontline.

For those who don't know, there was a glitch in the last Frontline where players who performed numerous steps (intentional steps) would get unlimited ship deploys. A video circulated the various chat apps and rumors of two high placing teams that took advantage of this glitch in a knowing effort to cheat, one team a repeat offender.

Rumors were that GREE would BAN the players who took advantage of this glitch.

So my questions to GREE:
    1. Please confirm you know about the glitch (and fixed it)?
    2. Please confirm if you will or will NOT ban the players who knowingly cheated?

Thank you.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by smbass77 View Post
    I'm sure GREE is aware of it, because they appeared to stop it on the last day of Frontline.

For those who don't know, there was a glitch in the last Frontline where players who performed numerous steps (intentional steps) would get unlimited ship deploys. A video circulated the various chat apps and rumors of two high placing teams that took advantage of this glitch in a knowing effort to cheat, one team a repeat offender.

Rumors were that GREE would BAN the players who took advantage of this glitch.

So my questions to GREE:
    1. Please confirm you know about the glitch (and fixed it)?
    2. Please confirm if you will or will NOT ban the players who knowingly cheated?

Thank you.

1. Yes, the glitch was 100% fixed and can no longer be exploited.

2. Yes, after a very careful and thorough investigation, players who cheated were banned.

GREE/Funzio takes reports of cheating (glitch abusing) very seriously and handles these cases indidually and privately.
    Line ID: clementine88

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    It never ends, even when there is no need.
    Humans, a very puzzling, baffling lot, what?
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Got to love Gree's 'swift' action. The 'glitch' which is basically game lag is the same one used in Crime City about 5/6 months ago, so I would guess it's been going on for a lot longer than just this last FL. It was rife in CC with nearly every team doing it and even when Gree knew about it they still let people spend to beat them. Also, no bans in Crime City, would most likely have ended the game! If the game worked as intended........just saying.
    Oh, and what happened to those who supposedly used a gold glitch a couple of months ago.......

Gree make mistakes with programming and then it's the players who get blamed......like the blanket ban a year ago in CC for those who bought the 2m gold Gree put on sale.

Post Count
    Most likely just minis of main accounts using the glitch. No big deal that the minis were banned. Carry on.
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54
    Because without our players, there would be no game. And we aim to communicate that more.

Signed, CJ and the MW Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Mind View Post
    your children must be so proud of you, do they bring in your phone for show and tell?

Banned
    Post Count
    I wonder when Gree will ban themselves? They created the glitch as it was their lack of quality that allowed it. A player didn't hack the system to cheat it it will be players that will get the boot while gree pretends to play the moral compass.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bndawgs View Post
    Most likely just minis of main accounts using the glitch. No big deal that the minis were banned. Carry on.

You are probably right about this one, I wonder if GREE will ban the users who are big spenders in this game?

Since GREE will never share which ones were banned we will never know if they really did ban all those that exploited the "cheat/glitch"?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    The bans mean nothing really, just giving people their real life back! And they fixed the glitch. Key question is how do they recompense the other players in the game? Banning games does not help anyone who fought against them. Likewise those teams who used mini games to deploy against their main team to have guaranteed wins and huge bonus points.

Post Count
    So the developers who created the hole, are not taking responsibility for it. Instead they redirect to say we need to ban these people for finding holes in our code, because that not fair to all the players. Yeah. Let's make it THEIR fault and we can all save our jobs . . . . More bananas for the monkeys. Ugh . . I mean developers ��
    There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.

Donald Rumsfeld

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    So many holes in their programming.....

There's a joke in there somewhere ��

Banned
    Post Count
    Thank you gree
    Last edited by Jg48; 12-02-2016 at 08:51 AM.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    thank you Vile Lynn for the quick response. NIce to see Gree working on a resolution and banning those who have cheated.

Doubt we will see two teams in the top 10 that have recently appeared in the top.

Hopefully GREE bans not just their mini's but their main accounts too, especially for the team that has cheated once before.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    How can players be called a cheat if it's a stupid peace of programming that's caused the glitch which gree did, and to ban them too what a joke

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by carl9764 View Post
    How can players be called a cheat if it's a stupid peace of programming that's caused the glitch which gree did, and to ban them too what a joke
    its obvious the players intentionally initiated the steps to have unlimited ships. Gree program error....sure. But when a player does it over and over again it's cheating.

did you get banned?

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    No just don't bother no more due to all the glitches but if it's right in what you say then all android players are cheating which in not right, for you to cheat to me it's if you hack the game not take advantage of poor programming sorry mate but the game has just gone to the dogs, can't out what I want to say Vile will give me another warning lol