Elf grass

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elf grass

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count

Elf grass

I was going to add this to another thread but felt it deserved its own.
    The drop rate for elf grass has obviously been lowered. I just opened 25 wanderer's crates and got one elf grass drop. That is 4% for those scoring at home. Also there are only 3 items shown in the crates but 4 items drop ( i think the toad wort is missing.
    Gree we all know the other items are useless , so do the right thing

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    I had a similar problem. 13 chests, 0 Elf Grass for one toon.

In the last 2 ILTQs, I got 12 chests between two other toons and only got Elf Grass one time. So I'm 1/23 (4.3% for those scoring at home)
    Purple Squirrel

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnsolberg View Post
    I had a similar problem. 13 chests, 0 Elf Grass for one toon.

In the last 2 ILTQs, I got 12 chests between two other toons and only got Elf Grass one time. So I'm 1/23 (4.3% for those scoring at home)
    It was easier to get the 1st 6 "rare" water motes. Im sure we aren't the only ones low on elf grass either

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I came here to report this and looks like someone already beat me to it.

30 Wonderers Crates opened, only ONE (1) was Elf Grass. That is some BS right there.

Quote Originally Posted by plavine View Post
    Also there are only 3 items shown in the crates but 4 items drop ( i think the toad wort is missing.
    If you close it and open it again, the items will randomly cycle through.
    Last edited by Ryosaeba; 10-05-2016 at 11:22 PM.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I had 100 crates to open. Opened 50; became bored and left the others for another day. Obtained items in clusters; Elf Grass being one of them. When I opened the other crates, there were barely any elf grass drops at all. Now, I can't be bothered full stop. GREE made crafting a nonsense. Far too many things to craft, in order to progress to something else and then something else and by the time we get there, it's irrelevant in any case, as there's something else to replace it! Then, guess what; we need more honour than we've clearly got to actually craft a weapon, because we had no orbs and had to use honour for that, and now, we need gems to get lots of crates, which have fewer chances of elf grass, to force us to buy more gems, so, no GREE. Stuff that!
    ILTQs are the new trials!

Post Count
    Just opened 100 Wanderer's Crates
    got
    Witch Nettle: 25
    Elf Gras: 22
    Wolf Fennel: 28
    Toad Wort: 20
    Which looks pretty ok for me

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Vyper View Post
    Just opened 100 Wanderer's Crates
    got
    Witch Nettle: 25
    Elf Gras: 22
    Wolf Fennel: 28
    Toad Wort: 20
    Which looks pretty ok for me
    This is incredibly lucky. This is the bestelf grass drop rate of anyone ive talked to

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by plavine View Post
    This is incredibly lucky. This is the bestelf grass drop rate of anyone ive talked to
    Maybe they fixed it? It could've been that they put down 5% instead of 25% by "accident."

Can anyone else confirm the current rates?

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryosaeba View Post
    Maybe they fixed it? It could've been that they put down 5% instead of 25% by "accident."

Can anyone else confirm the current rates?
    Don't have anymore crates to open, lol
    Purple Squirrel

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I think the real issue is that the formulas aren't balanced. Some resources are far more important than others.

Post Count
    Seriously Gree this is ridiculous...... I just used 300 gems in the hope of finding some elf grass, that's 36 crates from materials shipments, and yes you've guessed it, none....

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sheffman View Post
    Seriously Gree this is ridiculous...... I just used 300 gems in the hope of finding some elf grass, that's 36 crates from materials shipments, and yes you've guessed it, none....
    Gonna wait until gree fixes this. Ain't gonna waste my crates on some programming error (or is it?).

Would sure like to hear from Gree what the actual odds are because it's obviously not evenly spread.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    As an idea but prob defeats grees programming ideas on crafting I would like to see a trade function so you can trade with another player prob have to be a guild mate but you can swap anything for anything if in your inventory then you can trade, so you want honor I have say 5m give me 2 air motes and I give you 1m honor or something like that and you negotiate between yourselves?

Post Count
    Two elf grass for one wood solvent is just wrong, should be 1 elf grass and 1 wolf fennel. For solvents, elf grass is needed 3 times and wolf fennel only once (for leather oil).
    While elf grass is needed for about anything else.
    Also, there are 6 rare materials now (fire, earth, water, air mote, spellcraft paper and distilling agent) and to craft the best equipment in each of the 5 categories, 3 need water motes (6 each) and 2 need air motes (also 6 each) !?! You have 1 chance in 6 to get this by opening a rare crate.
    In brief, crafting is not balanced and not well thought through, as with everything with gree really...

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Zepson View Post
    Two elf grass for one wood solvent is just wrong, should be 1 elf grass and 1 wolf fennel. For solvents, elf grass is needed 3 times and wolf fennel only once (for leather oil).
    While elf grass is needed for about anything else.
    Also, there are 6 rare materials now (fire, earth, water, air mote, spellcraft paper and distilling agent) and to craft the best equipment in each of the 5 categories, 3 need water motes (6 each) and 2 need air motes (also 6 each) !?! You have 1 chance in 6 to get this by opening a rare crate.
    In brief, crafting is not balanced and not well thought through, as with everything with gree really...
    The elf grass is the worst- i have the other motes