GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: WD point calculation change

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count

Thumbs down WD point calculation change

Announce states:

3. World Domination Points
    - The Formula for the calculation of World Domination points has been updated.
    - The Formula will now award more points for attacking a defender with higher DEF than your ATK.

I don't understand what is a meaning of the change. Does defender get more points when attacker lost?

We asked more points when level of defender is higher than level of attacker, not stats.....

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Annihilator2 View Post
    Announce states:

3. World Domination Points
    - The Formula for the calculation of World Domination points has been updated.
    - The Formula will now award more points for attacking a defender with higher DEF than your ATK.

I don't understand what is a meaning of the change. Does defender get more points when attacker lost?

We asked more points when level of defender is higher than level of attacker, not stats.....

Hmm that is interesting. So that begs the question as to what is being displayed for your stats. Are they still raw or with boosts and faction boosts. Feels like it's the raw stats otherwise it would be highly illogical to attack someone with higher stats unless you were doing power attacks. Which means gold use, hmmm just got my answer didn't I.

Way way back when WD first came out your level was a factor, when someone with a lower level player attacked someone with a higher level player you scored more points. This got 'fixed' when stat inflation completely screwed things up and those who had been playing for years got killed by LLPs who were being built up quickly to the same stats. Personally I would not like to see us go back to this because that gives an unfair advantage to new players who have been able to cash in on the new units and boosts. Basically it should be based on attack and defence stats if you really wanted this to be a fair fight.

Otherwise those with old players would just shelve them and run up brand spanking new players. Hmm again I smell gold use.....
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    As usual, there is no response

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I didnt think you could beat players with higher defense anymore . I thought they removed that when they killed the soldier equipment portion of the attack equation.
    Since after all these years WD is still a blind attack anyway as we dont even see opponents levels , why would gree change the points system now ??

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    There are a few options to beat players with higher defenses:

- Power attack (~1.5x your current attack)
    - Hit the command center and get a defense reduction
    -------------------------------------------------
    Proud Member of "Late Nite Killas"
    Former Member of "Strategic Air Command" (RIP Seal)
    Former Member of "Usual Suspects"

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by MajikUF View Post
    There are a few options to beat players with higher defenses:

- Power attack (~1.5x your current attack)
    - Hit the command center and get a defense reduction

You are correct. The setback is with those options are of you are a gold free player, you lose the amount of wins you would get with normal attack. Good for points though.
    Last edited by WBS; 10-05-2016 at 02:54 AM.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    We have been complaining for years in the 3 major gree games about the calculation of war points. Each game has its problem.
    MW problem is/was : stat inflation where LLP (level 200 and below) were getting inflated stats and scoring big on the over 200 players.
    Also - as stated above , why is can we not see our opponents level in WD.

Banned
    Post Count
    If you could see the lvl then factions would not have to pay for docbot on gm. And I am sure gree has a part in that. So I would have to say it ain't going to happen.

Edit: For the record: GREE does not have "a part" in DocBot.
    Last edited by Vile Lynn; 10-26-2016 at 12:34 PM. Reason: stop the rumors

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    gree really need to fix the high level player pt issue in WD.

a level 293 player and a level 200 player hit the same player, the lvl293 guy will get much lower points...

high level player should not be penalised for this...
    further high level player are alway targets as well.

In my top50 team, a high level player can have around 8000-10000 losses per WD...

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I first saw penalizing for levels in MW. What a stupid design is that. You can add tiers if you want to have a more equal playing field, but then the rewards should be different.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Player with lower level shall get more points because he cannot be developed on the same level as players with high level (e.g. IPH).

Gold players spend real money to have faster progress ("pay to succeed"). So they shall have advantage.

Finally, "penalizing for level" is correct behavior in the game.
    Last edited by Annihilator2; 10-08-2016 at 09:14 AM.

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sbs2716g View Post
    gree really need to fix the high level player pt issue in WD.

a level 293 player and a level 200 player hit the same player, the lvl293 guy will get much lower points...

high level player should not be penalised for this...
    further high level player are alway targets as well.

In my top50 team, a high level player can have around 8000-10000 losses per WD...

Let's see..dockbot responds with a few minutes 24/7 to any issue..ummmm no Gree does not have their hand in any part of our business.

But you can be sure that if there is some new wrinkle that the player base would benefit from that could be coded into dockbot due the above mentioned change that we will add it forthwith as we always do. LC is just that good
    Texicans. Top 50, 75, 100, 150. We have been it all.

We use dockbot, if your faction wants a demo pm me. I will even give you a free WD usage if it is your first time to use.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Ok so you get more points if you attack a player with higher def than your attack... doesnt make sens to me.

In other words this means that from now on, better to have a weak defense (so you dont give bonus points to opponent when they attack you) since a solid defense will tempt players to hit CC and then hit you for bonus points...

Either I missed something or it doesnt make sens to me.

Regarding the level, i think it's only normal that low level are advantaged since they are spending gold to catch and working hard to optimize the leveling up. Actually, i even think it is unfair that the level is capped to 350... plus if we dont want the game to die, we need to give the opportunity for new players to compete, otherwise they wont play and we wont have opponents to play with!
    Last edited by Arnaud; 10-25-2016 at 05:37 PM.

Lurker
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Use boost ��

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Annihilator2 View Post
    Player with lower level shall get more points because he cannot be developed on the same level as players with high level (e.g. IPH).

Gold players spend real money to have faster progress ("pay to succeed"). So they shall have advantage.

Finally, "penalizing for level" is correct behavior in the game.
    The point in a game is leveling up. It means that player has put more into the game and should be rewarded as such.