1 3.03%
  • Other - Disagree

0 0%

Thread: Event start times

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

Event start times

This has been discussed in the past and is raising some heated discussions in the chat rooms. So attempting to do a pole that covers most regions

Currently for Europe, events begin at midnight, and this has raised the questions
    Last edited by HellRaizer; 09-22-2016 at 06:34 AM.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Would actually prefer for them to start 2h later!

Used to be in Europe, now in Asia. Event starting at midnight and ending at 11pm is not bad compared to havong them starting at 6am and ending at 5am. waking up at 4am for FL final, boss events, etc, is tough.

The only way to make it fair is to change. For instance move by 6h each cycle.
    Last edited by Arnaud; 09-22-2016 at 07:51 AM.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnaud View Post
    Would actually prefer for them to start 2h later!

Used to be in Europe, now in Asia. Event starting at midnight and ending at 11pm is not bad compared to havong them starting at 6am and ending at 5am. waking up at 4am for FL final, boss events, etc, is tough.

The only way to make it fair is to change. For instance move by 6h each cycle.
    agree with you.

i am in asia..
    Hardcore boss end at 5am my time.. so whatever lead i have, wont matter, cos everytime i wake up and i will be in 3rd or 4th place...

same go for other event (FL/WD).. cant take part in the last few hours of the event...

Post Count
    Im not sure how to vote but Im always in favor of doing whats best for the community. I don't think there isn't a huge issue with start and ending time but with how long events run in general. Events should be longer in general to allow for some play time or run daily events where all events run from a time of where most of the world is active at the same time.
    If you are not c, you have no rs...

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I preferred it when the events started 4 hours earlier than at present though that wasn't fair on the American players at work then.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Indi events must be fully individual what means that event starts when player logs in the game.
    This must be applied to all individual goals: epic and hardcore bosses, PvP, iLTQ (including "speed" goals), lockbox, etc.
    Of course, duration of events must be the same for all players independently on start of these events what means that events will finish at different time for different players.

Regeneration of FL deploys shall start independently from player login.

These two things will resolve inconvenience with event start for different time zones. Not fully, but mostly.