Time for War Prizes to be updated

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Time for War Prizes to be updated

Consistent Contributor colec023's Avatar
    Post Count

Time for War Prizes to be updated

With all of the new prizes in LE events, crates, LTQs, SA prize updates, HKB, RB, and EB, the one event in which the prizes have remained static or even gone backwards is Wars.

I think it is time for GREE to revamp the rewards that are given for what I think is the most fun event, wars. All events give us stats that are only needed for wars now. Robbing/Attacking people has become irrelevant because no one needs CC cash anymore (that should be correct too GREE) so the only need for stats now is for war. (Yes I know Stats matter for EB, HKB and RB but those are mostly individual events except RB which is no good anyway).

Syndicates were put together back in the day to have one team battle against another. Recently, this team concept has be ruined by the stat gains that can be gained by individual events.

For the amount of time and gold (for some teams), that is spent on wars the prizes fall way short.

I think it is time GREE take a look at this and redo the prize scheme for war weekends.

Some of my suggestions are below but please respond to this thread with what you would like to see:

I would propose to bring back novel prizes such as building time reduction - there are pretty good prizes that people can get by upgrading a building to level 10 within the time given. Unless you have time reduction mods you will not finish without spending alot of gold.

More than 1 prize for indy placement - do like SA and give 3 at least.

IP Mods for indy placement or team placement.

SA Mods for indy placement or team placement.

Energy Mods for indy placement or team placement.

Stamina Mods for indy placement or team placement.

No offense to any of the top 20 teams but the prize for top 1 should not be the same as top 20. Last war it was 2% Mafia atk for top 1 and top 20. - you can buy that now for 49g which is much less than the cost of top 1 or top 20.

In general, prizes should be commensurate to the effort and gold spent to attain them.

Streak prizes should be the best prizes during war weekend because they require the most amount of strategy to get and teams should be rewarded for that.

At the end of the day, if there is some worthy prizes for teams to go after, scores will go up and new rivalries will be formed and wars will be more fun.

Just my 2 cents.

Post Count
    Please... please... please... change the individual war prizes. Someone that spends significantly less than me should not have the same indi prize as me, and it's not fair to someone that spends significantly higher than me that I receive the same prize as them.

T200 - 3k is the exact same individual prize., which is also a crap prize.

Rank 200 takes thousands of gold, T3k is obtained with minimal activity. The fact that this hasn't been changed for however long is frustrating.
    Double Negative is always recruiting. T10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FoTYwwlIQ
    Line id: evan1000

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Agreed ☺☺

Its under review ☺ has been brought to grees attention already ☺

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan1000 View Post
    Please... please... please... change the individual war prizes. Someone that spends significantly less than me should not have the same indi prize as me, and it's not fair to someone that spends significantly higher than me that I receive the same prize as them.

T200 - 3k is the exact same individual prize., which is also a crap prize.

Rank 200 takes thousands of gold, T3k is obtained with minimal activity. The fact that this hasn't been changed for however long is frustrating.
    If, as you claim, T3k is attainable with minimal activity, I should be complaining to Gree about where my individual prizes are, lol.

More seriously, if it's possible to get a top 3k finish without trying too hard, that suggests to me the players on the lower end of the scale have reduced their efforts in war because, far from being the 'funnest' event, it's tediously time consuming and for the majority who don't spend money like water, simply not worth their time and effort. Improve the prizes at that end, so they actually have an impact on stats (because where I'm standing only one prize does, and that's simply the modifier - the stats on the item are entirely useless) and perhaps you'd get some more effort being put in.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Post Count
    Well stated. Even for the folks that spend money like water, war prizes are a far cry from what you can get quickly with crates, LE items, etc. All of the side events and prizes that are available are taking away from the concept of team play which is ruining the game in my opinion.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by colec023 View Post
    Well stated. Even for the folks that spend money like water, war prizes are a far cry from what you can get quickly with crates, LE items, etc. All of the side events and prizes that are available are taking away from the concept of team play which is ruining the game in my opinion.
    Have to agree with that... insane stat boosts available for instant cash... putting a HUGE gap between the rich and the poor so to speak lol..
    There is no competition..
    Only how deep does your pocket go

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj ANGERFiST View Post
    Have to agree with that... insane stat boosts available for instant cash... putting a HUGE gap between the rich and the poor so to speak lol..
    There is no competition..
    Only how deep does your pocket go
    It was always that way with Gree/Funzio games to be honest, but ever since syndicates began, gouging money has become the only thing the company does.

I also play Hate & Revenge fairly casual, but even so one event does more for my stats than a year's worth of war, possibly even two years' worth. Do the math, as they say.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I agree Colec, great post thanks

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Hope things return to FUN ☺
    CLICK TO VIEW IMAGE
    Last edited by Dj ANGERFiST; 09-16-2016 at 12:38 PM.

Post Count
    New war prizes out. An accomplice for top 10? That's not really what I was thinking when I stated this thread. Oh well....

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    True.. its a change tho lol.
    Also the mods have been upgraded a bit i see ☺

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    I'd give Evan a break and continue on his valid crying to revamp the war prizes.....it's the only event I enjoy playing anymore and the prizes scuk big time....so rather than "tweaking" some other event like HR and messing that up too....please leave other events as it is and update the prizes for battles, Indy as well as Syndicate....

Post Count
    I always find those who complain about other's complaining amusing (it's usually my complaining, and whoever is complaining about me I'm going to take a wild guess that they're putting down Drumph on the ballot in the upcoming election..)

I posted this in the feedback thread like a week ago, which explains why the war prizes suck, and why for the most part players aren't happy with the way prizes are given out.

I couldn't care less about creativity of the prizes, what I care about is a consistency in the prizes.

Prizes have absolutely no value in this game, and what I mean by that is the value of the same prize is constantly changing over and over again so you can obtain a certain prize for tons of gold one day, and free the very next.

This constantly screws players of their money and gold, and is not an effective business module if you want to keep your players happy, which never seems to be GREE's intent when they do something like this. Duplicate prizes are a big factor into this, as are the individual war prizes, and the fact that you can buy 5% mafia attack with huge raw stats for 249 gold and 5% mafia attack with no raw stats is the Top 1 Syndicate war prize.

I think this is beyond fixing, but GREE can change it for the future and keep players happy here on out if they change the way prizes are given out now. But of course they won't, and my post will continue to go unnoticed as they have been for years... except for the trolls who will comment and complain about my complaining.
    Double Negative is always recruiting. T10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FoTYwwlIQ
    Line id: evan1000