Can anybody tell - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can anybody tell

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jg48 View Post
    I will tell you what went wrong. All the top teams did not play fl and we're not ranked. It will happen again the next time they do not participate in fl again. Please fix
    Sooooo you're saying... Play FL and it's fixed!
    Line ID: clementine88

Post Count

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post

LMAO!!!!!!!

Banned
    Post Count
    I wish FL was actually fixed, it used to be my favorite event, but the lag is horrible when it comes to deploying. Then at times it doesn't count your deploys. Hopefully the community show that the top teams did to last FL woke up gree.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Lol vile. I do believe that was what I said at the start of this thread, in my own way. I'm sure that makes everyone just tickled pink too.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by WBS View Post
    I wish FL was actually fixed, it used to be my favorite event, but the lag is horrible when it comes to deploying. Then at times it doesn't count your deploys. Hopefully the community show that the top teams did to last FL woke up gree.
    The lag is horrible, reason I don't bother with it.

But WD matching I believe is still hampered by a couple of things, the main one being a lack of participation. Because of this the server cannot immediately find a faction match that is decent so as the clock keeps ticking as the server reduces it's matching parameters until it finds something. At some point I suspect it's programmed to say screw it and just grab the first available faction. Oh it seems the server does try to avoid rematches but again if it can only find the one possibility it will match you.

Now the other interesting thing I have been tracking/testing is forcing a match..... Yup it appears as if there may be away to force one and why it works I suspect is due to the fact that the servers are programmed to drop your live connection until you force a reconnect. Don't forget that when MW was first deployed it ran fairly autonomously and did not require a full time connection but that also opened the door to expoits such as the airplane glitch.

So getting back to the point if you can wake up your connection I have found that this forces a reconnect and you get a match. So far I have tested this on 6 different factions on multiple EDs and it has worked 100% of the time. Now some of this could still just be timing but something you should try....

The other reason I suspect low participation is the number of times I've been matched to the same faction across the same WD weekend. Also the insane mismatches where my primary faction has hit 1 player to 40 player factions on the same weekend and it's only 9 players. Why I won't declare multiple factions at the same time.

In FL I've also been testing to see participation and I find I can nearly consistently match 2 to 3 of my factions together and again have hit same factions multiple times. Granted I have very little knowledge of how FL matches are produced but it seems like it is just looking for any warm bodies to match....

The other factor appears to be time of day as certain times are a lot worse then others.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    AO, I am not following this wake up your connection thing. How do you wake it up, and would it have to be done by the one who declared it, any officer?would think that we would about that before. I know we get hung up for very long periods right at the start of wd, while we see many other top ten teams match, while we are declared.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed ump View Post
    AO, I am not following this wake up your connection thing. How do you wake it up, and would it have to be done by the one who declared it, any officer?would think that we would about that before. I know we get hung up for very long periods right at the start of wd, while we see many other top ten teams match, while we are declared.
    So far from testing I'm seeing that this is something the DL seems to trigger. Mainly by building a wall as each time I go in as DL, go to the fortifications screen and build a wall of any sort I suddenly get matched. Might be a weird coincidence but so far has worked every time across 6 test factions and 6 different DL's. Perhaps vaulting cash might work though it seems to be the DL that is the trigger. Perhaps an even bigger reason to have a second in command, that would be the one thing I think is most needed. Not just from this standpoint but if the DL gets locked out or worse then things aren't a complete disaster.
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    So far from testing I'm seeing that this is something the DL seems to trigger. Mainly by building a wall as each time I go in as DL, go to the fortifications screen and build a wall of any sort I suddenly get matched. Might be a weird coincidence but so far has worked every time across 6 test factions and 6 different DL's. Perhaps vaulting cash might work though it seems to be the DL that is the trigger. Perhaps an even bigger reason to have a second in command, that would be the one thing I think is most needed. Not just from this standpoint but if the DL gets locked out or worse then things aren't a complete disaster.

LOL, funny I've tried your approach with the same result.
    The difference is that in my little junk (fake factions), everyone is an officer.
    As only iOS devices can build walls, never tried that technique of building a wall.
    I have found that by DEWIN SUMPIN related to faction management after declaring, the match occurs within seconds of any such action.
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Wait. So you dewed somthin, which ain't dewin nuthin? I did sumthin last night, back can't talk about those sorts of things here. Ok ok, so I tapped in the pvp contest, ok. There, I did sumthin, you happy.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed ump View Post
    Wait. So you dewed somthin, which ain't dewin nuthin? I did sumthin last night, back can't talk about those sorts of things here. Ok ok, so I tapped in the pvp contest, ok. There, I did sumthin, you happy.
    No worries, mate, you're the boss, almighty, grand, supreme overlord of you.
    You DEW SUMPIN, it's by your leave.
    You DEW NUTTIN, it's by your leave, too.
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Yeah, hopefully he knows that matching a faction of 27 is not the norm, but then factions of 1 is not really the norm, either. He is probably used to matching small factions and "retired" beasts.

The matching algorithm is based on many factors...
    • Faction current rank, past rank, avg rank
    • Faction size
    • Faction average stats, combined total stats
    • ??? (pure speculation)

They are double checking their matching algorithm and wait times. Unfortunately, they could not change it during the event without possibly making it worse or unfunctionable.
    All these multiple factors shall not be used. Changes in the game cause that players leave the game (what cause faction merges) or boycott events. So only current rank in current event shall be used for matching. Gree shall be simpler and all will work better and more clear.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Annihilator2 View Post
    All these multiple factors shall not be used. Changes in the game cause that players leave the game (what cause faction merges) or boycott events. So only current rank in current event shall be used for matching. Gree shall be simpler and all will work better and more clear.
    That could prove interesting for those factions sitting out this event....
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    That could prove interesting for those factions sitting out this event....
    Is it critical? Waiting 15-30 minutes for match is critical for me. And usual matching instead of epic or legendary
    If some team want to sit out some event, it is their choice. Additionally, we see a lot of died factions in last time.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Annihilator2 View Post
    Is it critical? Waiting 15-30 minutes for match is critical for me. And usual matching instead of epic or legendary
    If some team want to sit out some event, it is their choice. Additionally, we see a lot of died factions in last time.
    I suspect the wait will not get any better and the matches a lot more lop sided. The last FL I tested had a lot of single players or perhaps a faction where only 1-2 players
    actually participated and that was also pretty common on the last WD as well.
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+