Valor defense

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Valor defense

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Valor defense

You know, with all the work and agonizing that went into getting guilds to agree not to build walls, you'd think there would be more than just a handful of people not buying the defense items for gold. Especially considering the much clearer self-interest in this case- if more people can beat you more easily, your chance of a long chain is much higher

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    This is a new event and there may be some who do not know the value of chains.

free image uploading

This a a long chain from the first V&V event. Once a chain reaches 20, you get @ 4K points. It your opponent has more points than you do, you can get up to 6000 points on each exchange. Neither one of us ever put up a defensive boost and we were able to keep it going for 3 1/2 days.

Now when you log in, you'll see that you may have been hit say 4 times and lost @ 8k points. Of course, then you get to hit them back and gain @ 16k points for a net gain of 8k points. Do that 10 times and you've gained 80k points. Get 8 chains going and double that total.

free image upload

I had a nice chain going with this toon until she decided to put up a boost. I suppose she gained maybe 2k points. But I never hit her again, so instead of gaining a net of 2k points with every exchange, she just had a one time gain.

Even if a peep puts up a 10% defensive boost, I will not hit them back. I'll just find someone else who understands the event.
    Purple Squirrel

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Thanks for that input- I was almost certain I understood how this event _should_ work, but it's nice to have some confirmation.

Other than noting this issue, I think my real challenge is figuring out how to get a good start on those chains- a few people are obviously doing it better, having run well out of my range by the 10th chain or so

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by dpille View Post
    Thanks for that input- I was almost certain I understood how this event _should_ work, but it's nice to have some confirmation.

Other than noting this issue, I think my real challenge is figuring out how to get a good start on those chains- a few people are obviously doing it better, having run well out of my range by the 10th chain or so
    One of my toons had trouble getting started, I started late because of the EB. had to use more stamina with him.
    Purple Squirrel

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I did not know to not buy defense to encourage chains until the 3rd day in the last event. It was simply because no one told me, and I don't visit these forums everyday. In any case, I do read people's walls so perhaps you can encourage people to not buy defense by posting these advice on your walls. Get the word out.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    It's Upto guilds re walls it's Upto players with defence potions if they buy I won't make a chain with them, there loss no biggy let people play how they wish to, meant to be a game of strategy they may purchase one while they slept to stop a loss of points overnight who knows