@hightower - Accessibility features. (visually impaired)

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: @hightower - Accessibility features. (visually impaired)

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

@hightower - Accessibility features. (visually impaired)

In my line of work, when we deliver any new functionality, it goes under a strict a set of tests to ensure that it is accessible to users that may have a disability.. For us it is a legal requirement..

Some easy examples would be, icons scale up with higher res, all text areas can be narriated. Drop down lists, check box etc have accurate narration when highlighted..

Now obviously MW is an app and doesn't need to follow the same strict rules, however, it is a little troubling to see how much of the game is using the colours Red and Green (and blue)

It is not "that uncommon" for people to be affected by a type of colour blindness were red/green/brown/orange appear to be one (or a similar) colour.. Frontline, PvP results, Honor and Vegnace and now boosts use red/green ... There should be an option in game for these colours to be modified (or additional text/symbols) and thus not discriminate against the visually impaired... I have been ignoring this, but with the latest addition of boost colours, I thought it unfair for this to continue to be ignored..

Are there any plans to aid people in the future or will Red/Green continue to be the colours selected for new features?
    Last edited by HellRaizer; 08-11-2016 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Added text/symbols idea

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    To give an example.

For some red and green

Would seem like red and green

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Thanks HR, I'm one of those who are color blind and I can not see the difference between red and green.

Hightower, is it really that difficult to just say "non-Stacking" or "Stacking"?

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Maybe they can use symbols instead of colors or use letters?

NS = Non-stacking bonuses

ST = Stacking bonuses

AO = Already owned non-stacking bonuses

Or just let them ALL BE STACKING. That way people will try for all of the goals all of the time.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    @Hightower. Here is one screenshot pushed through a simulator

Any comment?

Last edited by HellRaizer; 08-12-2016 at 04:12 AM.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    I'd say it would be easiest just to say stacking, or non stacking. Plus the way they are actually using the colors have created a lot of confusion. I agree that they should all be stacking, they don't want a large percentage of the players who already have an item to spend for that event? I know, it's their way of making everyone equal, don't offer units to those that already have them, and let the ones who don't have a chance to get them. I think many players have finally realized the game that's being played there, and avoiding events in between the weekends, since they really can't take full advantage of what they win anyways. I rarely do events in between the weekends, and have not for years, for this reason. My stats from all the first place team events are in the top percentile anyways, and as long as I have targets in wd, that's all that matters.

Banned
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Hi Hightower. I see you're online today.. Do you have any long term plans regarding this topic?
    Last edited by OlapDev; 08-17-2016 at 11:53 AM.

Post Count
    Screenshot_2016-08-17-12-23-15.jpg

So it clearly shows I will get a blue bonus unit for 50 kills right?

Wrong this is Gree logic

Screenshot_2016-08-17-12-25-16.jpg

False advertising or what come on Gree this is not on

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by MATTARMAGH View Post
    Screenshot_2016-08-17-12-23-15.jpg

So it clearly shows I will get a blue bonus unit for 50 kills right?

Wrong this is Gree logic

Screenshot_2016-08-17-12-25-16.jpg

False advertising or what come on Gree this is not on
    The boost turned red because it is now in your inventory

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    This is correct, I havnt tested whether or not it actually shows properly if you already have one in your inventory, as I don't bother to check these things. I will ask my teamates if they have run into this yet, and see if it shows properly.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Have asked, and apparently it is working correctly. You should see that it's red, before you buy, if its already in your inventory