@hightower - Accessibility features. (visually impaired)

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: @hightower - Accessibility features. (visually impaired)

Threaded View

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

@hightower - Accessibility features. (visually impaired)

In my line of work, when we deliver any new functionality, it goes under a strict a set of tests to ensure that it is accessible to users that may have a disability.. For us it is a legal requirement..

Some easy examples would be, icons scale up with higher res, all text areas can be narriated. Drop down lists, check box etc have accurate narration when highlighted..

Now obviously MW is an app and doesn't need to follow the same strict rules, however, it is a little troubling to see how much of the game is using the colours Red and Green (and blue)

It is not "that uncommon" for people to be affected by a type of colour blindness were red/green/brown/orange appear to be one (or a similar) colour.. Frontline, PvP results, Honor and Vegnace and now boosts use red/green ... There should be an option in game for these colours to be modified (or additional text/symbols) and thus not discriminate against the visually impaired... I have been ignoring this, but with the latest addition of boost colours, I thought it unfair for this to continue to be ignored..

Are there any plans to aid people in the future or will Red/Green continue to be the colours selected for new features?
    Last edited by HellRaizer; 08-11-2016 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Added text/symbols idea