DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Valor and Vengence

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count

Valor and Vengence

Many thanks for the info on the new PVP event, can you tell us the start day and time please will really help as there is a guild part

Thanks in advance

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    As this event appears to be scheduled soon can we also get details as to how this works. Some in the guild are very confused.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    I guess you have read the main thread on this new event the 1st one on the general page, if you have we won't get anymore info were just work it out as we go along as per norm, least it's something different and I applaude that

Quote Originally Posted by Thorbin View Post
    As this event appears to be scheduled soon can we also get details as to how this works. Some in the guild are very confused.

Post Count
    This is a post from Modern War (MW) but it's basically the same PvP event in Crime City, too... names and numbers and equipment might be a bit different, but this is an excellent post to get the basics for KA's new Valor & Vengeance. Great job, Pidgeot!
    (note: IAPs: MW: gold, KA: gems)

It's an awesome PvP event for all levels! (unless you have less than 5 stamina which Pidgeot explains)
    I love it, but it can be very exhausting! There is a guild part which you'll want to get thru quickly; it's easy and even losses count towards the guild goal.
    I hope you all love it as much as I do! Good luck to all!

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...-the-Right-Way
    Edit: *snip* Quoted post removed, see link above.
    Last edited by Vile Lynn; 08-04-2016 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Removed long quote of link

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Oh c r a p. that give me a headache trying to understand that. Not sure I even want to try it. Thanks for the info vile lynn.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    10 minutes duration on the 10% attack pack... Unless you don't have long delays with spinning circles it doesn't seem like to me is much time to get very many attacks in.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Many thanks for the info still don't know start day so expect it to be 11pm UK time so I will be sleeping and prob working the whole of the next day so we're just see what happens

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura TCK View Post
    Many thanks for the info still don't know start day so expect it to be 11pm UK time so I will be sleeping and prob working the whole of the next day so we're just see what happens
    Yeah, I just re-read A&Fs sticky about V&V... no start date or time. I'll ask if they've set a launch date/time, and if they would post it for us.
    IMHO, it's important to begin the event when it starts, doing first strikes until chains start showing up. Chains start showing about an hour after it begins, depending on who you hit if they're playing or sleeping. It's too easy to get behind unless you like to use gems to keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorbin View Post
    Oh c r a p. that give me a headache trying to understand that. Not sure I even want to try it. Thanks for the info vile lynn.
    haha, me too, but playing the event is much, much easier than it reads...and building chains is a lot of fun! The KA community is very helpful and well connected in chat apps, so finding lots of chain-buddies should be easy!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaianz View Post
    10 minutes duration on the 10% attack pack... Unless you don't have long delays with spinning circles it doesn't seem like to me is much time to get very many attacks in.
    Good point about the spinning lag... Hopefully, 10mins is long enough for one to get thru their stamina while the Attack Packs are active. The gold Attack Packs are only limited to 2, 10mins each. After they expire, more can be immediately bought if one still has stamina to use.

Gold will be a limiting factor for lower IPH players; buying the attack packs is not necessary, but I like using them when I can afford it since more points can be gained from winning "red" attacks and keeping up with chains. I doubt I have enough gold to buy them in KA. Heh, my IPH is not so hot.
    In CC, my older accounts have way more cash (gold in KA) than I can use, so I buy them if only for one or two hits, especially if a high chain needs a hit. Unfortunately, I cannot afford them on my low level accounts: I do "green" First Strikes to build up my points, then hit "green" chains a bit lower than my points to compensate for my rival's bonuses, hoping to win to keep the chain going. I usually leave 1 or 2 hits in reserve just in case I lose a chain hit. In chains, one can retry with a extra Retry Bonus; the bonus stacks with each loss. (In MW, it's a +5% retry bonus; in CC it was upped to +15%... not sure what the retry bonus for KA will be until it launches, but probably +5% for the initial KA launch. Pardon my babbling. I could go on and on since I love this new PvP event so much, but I'll stop myself until it's live.)

I would expect some changes for KA's 2nd V&V, so everybody's feedback will be moat welcomed and greatly appreciated during this initial launch. Just like there are no stupid questions, there is no bad feedback.

(If you have registered for a forum account but cannot post for whatever reason, please PM me & I'll ask admin to activate your account.)
    Line ID: clementine88

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Vile Lynn, thanks for sharing that post about the new PvP. While it all seems confusing right now, I think that this post will help us understand it better once it goes live.

I really hope that Gree tested this before releasing it. After all, nothing ever goes wrong in KA!
    Purple Squirrel

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnsolberg View Post
    Vile Lynn, thanks for sharing that post about the new PvP. While it all seems confusing right now, I think that this post will help us understand it better once it goes live.

I really hope that Gree tested this before releasing it. After all, nothing ever goes wrong in KA!
    Please Pass the word in GM

1- The main idea of the event is to create chains (which seems to bear the best prizes) attacking back and forth rivals rather than "tap to win all thinking"
    2- in MW community it has become a "rule of gentlemen" to NEVER use the DEF boost, as this will break chains for players, those that "break the rule" are blacklisted by the community in Groupme and players will stop attacking them
    3- Always check your rivals and "only" hit GREEN (you are suppose to win everytime unless they used a DEF boost and also check your GUILD list to see rivals that defeated your teammates and you can attack them too (if they are green)

NOTE: some say that even if they are RED but points are close to yours, you might be able to win the attack

NOTE2: In MW takes 5 stamina for ONE attack, so KA will probably be the same
    Last edited by truthteller; 08-03-2016 at 10:29 AM.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    IPB has opened a new thread and easy to understand thanks Lynn and IPB, however I asked when is it starting if you know?, your screen shows 4 players like HB are you against them for a day like HB then it resets so if you win your matched with harder players?

Post Count
    Hi Laura, I just asked about start time. Hopefully, they'll let us know. *fingers crossed*

That SS shows the V&V LB... It's similar to the Indy LB in CoK, scroll down to see all of it.

To pick who you want to attack for First Stike, we'll have a list like the ever changing RL. I never counted, but it is about 10-15ish and can be refreshed like the RL.

To pick who you want to attack for chains is on another RL (on a different tab), with all of the rivals that have First Striked you (1 Chain) or you've hit back (2 or more chains). And, is also refreshable. Higher chains are usually on top.

Then there is Guild Vengeance which is another separate list of rivals who have attacked your guild mates. Winning attacks for Guild Vengeance gives your guild mates & you points and higher chains=better points. Guild Vengeance costs 6 stamina.
    Line ID: clementine88

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Hi anyone know how many maximum stamina if I put all of my skill points ? I am L200.
    Thank you in advance.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    I'm getting reports that the respec sheets aren't working with the new upgrade.

And Gree, how hard is it to let us know when this new event is scheduled?
    Purple Squirrel

lord of the winners lists Assault and Flattery's Avatar
    Post Count
    Valor and Vengeance will be tomorrow, August 4th at 3pm PST as are all events! Get ready!!
    Last edited by Assault and Flattery; 08-03-2016 at 03:37 PM.