Another Reward Switch? Really?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Reward Switch? Really?

Articulate Author
    Post Count

Thumbs down Another Reward Switch? Really?

Dear Gree,

Its probably under your own Terms and Conditions that you will probably argue that the game is allowed to subject to changes. However, don't you think you are doing it far too often? Don't you think that when you make an error in your programming, you should just own up to the mistake and give those prizes away? Its been over a week and most people have already upgraded the Limited Time Building to level 19 or 20... And you now removed everyone's Triple Strike rewards, Alliance Attack and Alliance Defence boost units?

And now, the game is pointless because most of the event don't have anything to do with the stats that players have built over the years. The only time stats matter are Epic Boss and World Domination.

Well, keep up the "good" work cause I think you will just continue to drive most into thinking twice before spending more in the game. Who will have confident to spend when Gree makes its so trivial to just remove and switch rewards? I cannot speak for others, but I have finally lost all confident and will not spend anymore real cash in this game.

Post Count
    Here's the summary of the unscrupulous act that Hightower and gree did.

all but 1 of 2% triple Strike,1 of 2% alliance def, 1 of 3% alliance attack and both 4% alliance attack gone.

these replaced them!
    2% triple Strike=1% air
    2% alliance def=1% inf def
    3% alliance attack=1%air
    4% alliance attack=1% ground def
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54
    Because without our players, there would be no game. And we aim to communicate that more.

Signed, CJ and the MW Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Mind View Post
    your children must be so proud of you, do they bring in your phone for show and tell?

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bndawgs View Post

all but 1 of 2% triple Strike,1 of 2% alliance def, 1 of 3% alliance attack and both 4% alliance attack gone.

these replaced them!
    2% triple Strike=1% air
    3% alliance attack=1%air
    Thanks for the info. They changed them to boosts that aren't even worth the time to go for. It makes me wonder if the integrity of any of the mods in this forum is respectable?

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Apollo13 View Post
    Dear Gree,

Its probably under your own Terms and Conditions that you will probably argue that the game is allowed to subject to changes. However, don't you think you are doing it far too often? Don't you think that when you make an error in your programming, you should just own up to the mistake and give those prizes away? Its been over a week and most people have already upgraded the Limited Time Building to level 19 or 20... And you now removed everyone's Triple Strike rewards, Alliance Attack and Alliance Defence boost units?

And now, the game is pointless because most of the event don't have anything to do with the stats that players have built over the years. The only time stats matter are Epic Boss and World Domination.

Well, keep up the "good" work cause I think you will just continue to drive most into thinking twice before spending more in the game. Who will have confident to spend when Gree makes its so trivial to just remove and switch rewards? I cannot speak for others, but I have finally lost all confident and will not spend anymore real cash in this game.
    Gree: I agree with Apollo13 and would like to add the following; To take units and switch attachments to rewards from inventories without an announcement is thievery. There can be no valid explanation. The rewards were not that far out for the majority of your players in my opinion. Who benefits from this? And yet, there has been no attempt by anyone representing your company! Not in the Announcements or the General threads. This is the worst mistake you have made to date, in my opinion. It's no wonder that my faction has lost 18 members in the last two months!
    Nothing is, always, as it seems.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I stopped to pay attention to boosts, unit stats, game play rules (e.g. WD points calculations), new idiotic events (e.g. Hardcore boss, new PvP event), etc. in other words, I stopped crying about the fact that Gree is killing the game and how they are killing it.

Post Count
    Let's be honest, we all knew the original boosts were most likely wrong. Triple Strike, Alliance Attack and Alliance Defence boosts for simply upgrading a building?...a building with a short build and upgrade time and 22 days to finish? Nope, to good to be true, we all knew those boosts were a mistake.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Brown Out, its not a matter of whether the rewards given out initially were correct or wrong... either way, we don't know. But, the fact of the matter was, those were the rewards offered for the upgrading. It was not removed in a day or 2... but when everyone was well into higher stages of the upgrading. Shouldn't, Gree just honour the rewards and just give them out?

And why do they have the time to make the changes in this LTB when there were other issues as well but they just wont fixed it? And this isn't the first time that they are doing it either. If players let it slide... There will be a second and a third time... Over time, its just bold Gree's management to think that its right to do whatever they pleases with the program.

Its probably not so much a matter to free play members but when you spend gold in the game... we all have to start thinking twice about our spending. Look at the Frontline Boost... Is it too good to be true? Or was that an error as well that we should all think that it was too good to be true as well?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Annihilator2,

Yes, its has certainly been too long and its probably too far down the track now for anything to be done about it. lol. Just my silly ranting.

Still, I hope that at least Gree will treat this as a positive feedback to help them to hopefully, not do the same thing again the next time.

And, should Gree be telling their own programmers to look closer at what they are programming? Or is the Gree management held ransomed by their own programmers, and too afraid to tell them that they haven't done a good job? But, they are not afraid to piss their customers off?

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Out View Post
    Let's be honest, we all knew the original boosts were most likely wrong. Triple Strike, Alliance Attack and Alliance Defence boosts for simply upgrading a building?...a building with a short build and upgrade time and 22 days to finish? Nope, to good to be true, we all knew those boosts were a mistake.
    That's a ridiculous statement BO. There would be no way for any player to know if those bonuses would be a display error or not. If that were the case every bonus should be questioned and no gold should be spent on the game as players couldn't trust what gree originally puts out.

That has to be one of your biggest gree lemming comments to date. Back in the day you wouldn't have given gree the time of day for fraud like this.

Post Count
    If some players got to keep the (1st) boosts and others didn't,* then that would be bad... but as long as those first boosts were taken from everyone and we all get the same I have absolutely no problem with it.

p.s. thanks for correcting the error GREE. Those sweet boosts that usually cost gold to obtain were ridiculously easy to get, we all knew it was most likely a mistake.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Out View Post
    If some players got to keep the (1st) boosts and others didn't,* then that would be bad... but as long as those first boosts were taken from everyone and we all get the same I have absolutely no problem with it.

p.s. thanks for correcting the error GREE. Those sweet boosts that usually cost gold to obtain were ridiculously easy to get, we all knew it was most likely a mistake.
    Some people spent gold to finish the upgrades quickly to allow them to have triple strike instantly rather than waiting. This is one of the major issues

Secondly there was no way of knowing that this was not intentional... Just look at double strike. In the space of one boss event most players ended up getting 100% double strike... Therefore, why not do the same with triple strike

Thirdly. Your last line is written in a way to insight anger as it appears to be a subtle method of trolling. I believe that prior recognition of this has been deleted thou.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Looks like at least 9 posts been deleted from this thread. Ummm....

Banned
    Post Count
    It was said there was violation of TOS in those posts. There wasn't any that I read, someone didn't like them.

Looks like we won't hear a peep from Gree on their bait and switch.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    This is just more ammunition for a you-know-what. Gree just makes it so easy.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bndawgs View Post

these replaced them!
    2% triple Strike=1% air
    3% alliance attack=1%air
    This is disgusting.

I think we are entitled to:

a) the units we were promised in the first place, since it presents no material disadvantage to Gree to provide them, and we have after all completed the task required to earn them at the time they were promised.

b) an apology for being treated like orphans in some bleak ****ensian dystopia by the company we are funding with our custom.

c) an explanation for the current mania for switching prizes, or at least some insight into why providing one pattern of pixels is easier than providing another when the process is exactly the same.

d) assurances that all reasonable measures will be taken to make sure this doesn't happen again.
    One equal temper of heroic hearts