Thread: Epic Boss

Epic Boss

Why is Magician back again or is it just me?
    3d2c175d245a4375aa4308a08c3c1d61.jpg

It's not just you...... now you have the chance to get even more of those worthless armors. This is so sad it's funny.......... It would be nice if Gree had an explanation for this.

Add an extra milestone 62, add boss++ armors and gree has zero work on epic bosses for the next year by recycling.
    (since we now have a nameless arena, I wonder if the person doing boss/arena graphics and descriptions quit/got fired and they didn't have anyone to take over the work...)
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

My guess is no more SF pieces or useful milestones any time soon for players with 12+ months of game time.

Can anyone tell me the reasoning behind the new epic boss? For which kind of player is it meant?

++ armor is generally fine by me, but the stats are just wrong. Last weeks Conjured Battlegear++ has 4135 combined stats which is slightly less than the 4161 of Vanguard de Milo+ from a couple weeks ago. The latter was reachable by beating lv43, Conjured++ needed lv62 so what's the point in going for it? I didn't.

Now this weeks Galeforce++ has 4144 stats which again is worse than the previous Avian Stormguard+ (4261). On top of that the boss is way harder to beat, I will not be able to as a free player to reach lv62. But even with gemming there is just no point in fighting for it because the armor is outdated.

So who is it for?

New players: can't even beat lv43 without gemming and gemming is pointless because +armor is over a year old
    Veteran free players: can't even beat lv62 without gemming and gemming is pointless because ++armor is worse than previous +
    Veteran gemmers: no point whatsoever because guild wars/raids give way better armors

Dear GREE, it's bad enough that you recycle old bosses/armors but please take a deeper look at the difficulty and reward structure and decide for whom that content should be. Hint: if you decide epic bosses are for gemmers you have to come up with new content for free players.

It looks as if Epic Bosses are turning into a method in which people can acquire SF pieces. Gree seems to being doing something different every week with Epic Bosses so there's no real way to know who they're for any more. You kinda have to just go along with it for the moment.

I posted a suggestion to ditch boss drops and instead give a champion chest key at some levels, but instead they seem to have added the key at milestone 21 and kept the boss drops in a useless state...
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

London, England, the UK -'Capital of the World' ;-)
    Hi haven't been here in a awhile , but how do you get ++ Armours ? I started playing a new account on European server & due to my extensive experience & joining a maxed Guild , I hit Lvl 158 in 15 days! Fought both this & last Epic Boss Lvl 60 - do I need to get the + Armour to Level 35 or 70 to Craft the ++ ?

Love the updates , improvements , pets and new Top Tier Armours . After a year away, I say well done :-D *light applause*

Quote Originally Posted by London Knight View Post
    Hi haven't been here in a awhile , but how do you get ++ Armours ? I started playing a new account on European server & due to my extensive experience & joining a maxed Guild , I hit Lvl 158 in 15 days! Fought both this & last Epic Boss Lvl 60 - do I need to get the + Armour to Level 35 or 70 to Craft the ++ ?

Love the updates , improvements , pets and new Top Tier Armours . After a year away, I say well done :-D *light applause*
    My guess is the EU server doesn't have this yet. You are probably still many months behind on epic bosses (at the wiki you can probably lookup what your current EU boss is vs what the last new global server boss was) and nowhere close to the point where they jumped back 1 - 1 1/2 years, so they don't have to spend manpower on epic bosses and boss armors.
    For global a milestone 62 was added when they jumped back and added boss++ armors. Because of the jump back, those boss++ armors aren't any stronger than the last new boss+ armors, while they do consume more materials, since instead of getting boss non-plus to 35 and after that crafting a kind of wearable for newbies boss+, now you have to get the non-plus to 35, get the boss+ to 35 and only then craft the kind of wearable for newbies boss++.

PS: how does that dragon coin system work on EU? Apparently they're (partially) porting it over to global 1 or 2 weeks from now.
    Last edited by Marco_; 08-09-2016 at 05:24 AM.

We've had Dragon Coins for a while I think ? After yesterdays War & my up coming Arena winnings , I'll be able to forge my first Armour on Thursday
    :-D . I do miss new Epic Bosses as I've fought these all before . Still it's tremendous fun & my Guild love me because of my huge amount of experience & information . We jumped for Top #500 to Ranking #86 yesterday when I showed them how to organize Wars & booting out the idiots who declare War randomly . Being disabled , unable to work & an insomniac , helps to as I can arrange battles around the clock . Have now hit Level 171 & on my to this Heroic+ Armour. *extremely pleased*

To craft EB++ you only need to level the EB+ armor to lv10.

Oh thank you . Do you have to do it while it's still active ?

Oh thank you . Do you have to do it while it's still active ?

No, you can craft it later.