Dear Gree, THE NEW EVENT BLOWS!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dear Gree, THE NEW EVENT BLOWS!!!!!!!!!!!

Banned
    Post Count
    Let alone you gain a lot of space in this event and when you lvl up you don't get your 3 skill points to use.

Way to kill the game gree.....

Post Count
    Wow, I was really hoping you guys would love this event like I do.

A few things...
    • Get the faction goals finished ASAP, if you can. Losing also counts towards the goal, but winning will give your faction mate points, too!
    • Don't use Defense Drinks. You want to build chains with rivals: the higher the chain, the better the rewards and the more points.
    • Use Offense Drinks and don't hit green. Hit red a high as you can *with still getting the win. On chains, use the retry bonus if you're close enough to win with another hit or maybe 2. First Strike does not have a Retry bonus.
    • Use First Strikes to build up your points if needed to keep up with your highest chains.

Any suggestions on how to improve H&V?
    Last edited by Vile Lynn; 07-12-2016 at 03:27 PM. Reason: added after * to clarify
    Line ID: clementine88

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post

A few things...
    • Get the faction goals finished ASAP, if you can. Losing also counts towards the goal, but winning will give your faction mate points, too!
    • Don't use Defense Drinks. You want to build chains with rivals: the higher the chain, the better the rewards and the more points.
    • Use Offense Drinks and don't hit green. Hit red a high as you can.
    • Use First Strikes to build up your points if needed to keep up with your highest chains.

Heh heh, "Any suggestions on how to improve H&V?". Kill it….

Ok sort of kidding aside, thanks for the information though in my case it didn't really help much as the red and green colours are somewhat misleading e.g. in most societies green = go red = stop. It's even that way in the orient so breaking convention makes things well rather unusual.

Reward vs workload, at the point where I am at doesn't seem worth it and then factor in the questionable advantage to using gold again where I'm at with all my players seems to be not worth it. Especially considering that the event is an attempt to get spending started back up, if so it needs to be made worthwhile.

Crashing, yup it's back. I just had a 128GB iPad Pro with about 12GB used crash fairly consistently and the delays from pop ups makes things rather frustrating considering I'm sitting right under an access point running on a fibre backbone.

As I mentioned the main issue I have is that there is no long term design plan for the game, just a bunch of crap piled on top of more crap with stuff working now being a revelation while we've become complacent about screw ups because they happen so often.

It does now look like equipment is in play, I don't recall it showing up in the result box previously but perhaps a pop up nerfed things before I could see it.

Lag is just brutal though on IOS, doesn't really matter what the device from the lowest spec'd iPad to the highest. Android is a lot better for lag but has it's own private hell as well.

Appreciate the update though, not sure it really helps me but I'm sure it helped others.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

A few things...

I tried that. Bought offence (the 10% not 100% because that's gold).. Attacked the highest reds and got the following:

Red doesn't seem to be the way to go.. I got the 80k by hitting green, but red just keeps losing and then reducing my score

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I like this event - it runs in CC also , where they made some improvements .
    Attacking should be 1 stamina
    Don't run opposite the epic boss

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by HellRaizer View Post
    I tried that. Bought offence (the 10% not 100% because that's gold).. Attacked the highest reds and got the following:

Red doesn't seem to be the way to go.. I got the 80k by hitting green, but red just keeps losing and then reducing my score
    If U attack and lose , attacking the same person again will give you a stats boost
    See where it says reinforcement bonus in gold letters

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by plavine View Post
    If U attack and lose , attacking the same person again will give you a stats boost
    See where it says reinforcement bonus in gold letters
    A 5% boost wouldn't have been enough if you look at those figures. And with each hit being 5 stamina I cant really afford to lose a number of times to work up to one win

Banned
    Post Count
    Red is always a loss. I'm just going to use up my stamina refills and continue strolling along for free. Still no reason to give free any gold. They still haven't shown that they are serious about improving gameplay. Get rid of the problems first, then we can talk.

Banned
    Post Count

A few things...

Make it 1 stamina per attack to make it less gold hungry (many won't spend anyways).

-Don't put EB with this event.
    -Have gree fix other issues before putting out new events, I know greedy is desperate but quality goes a long way

Vile Lynn- with all due respect, do you honestly think a new event will fix grees issues? I do like the idea of a new event, but it's grees lack of quality and customer care, as well as gold pushing that has driven the fun from this game. Balance out and fix those things and the game has a chance.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    suggestion is dump it... this event is tiring crud and even if u gv prizes in the T and 200% boosts only ppl that can beat it are millionaire gold players with nothing else to do but injure their butlers fingers and those with equipement of which thr are thousands upon thousands who dont hv any.

its a completely unfair stupid boring event with zero fun... red you lose green u might win... but ranks? no chance without packs or gold.

in one event u eliminated over 90% of the players in the game who hv no chance to hit back on players level 300+.

also thousands of complaints to gree for several years of high data usage...

so you go create this stupid event which sucks even more data than over half the game combined.

you want gold? then you pay our data charges first.

come on gree. put your hands in your pocketscos u owe us billions.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by WBS View Post
    Red is always a loss.
    Sometimes...yes. Always...not even close.

To get the most points I attack a player with slightly higher honor points than myself. For instance, if my honor points are 125,000 I hit a player with 150,000 and below. Not sure if this is the best strategy but it's working for me. Still learning as I go.

edit: Also work on building chains in your vengeance list.
    Last edited by Brown Out; 07-12-2016 at 01:33 PM.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I'm losing maybe 9/10 red attacks, but maybe that because I'm not using gold to boost attacks.. Only plus is the majority of non golders I speak to have the same issue..

It's just another pointless, brainless gold spend event. Spend gold on all boosts, spend gold on packs and just keep attacking valid targets, and get rewarded with mediocre prizes

Post Count
    No no no... heh, sorry if that was misleading about hitting RED!

If your attack is 5000, a rival on the list with 6000 will be in red.
    BUT, since you have bonuses and offense drinks, your attack is really 6100, so you will win!

^^ that's is what I meant by "hit red as high as you can" (and still win, I should have added.)

Get it now? This example is very basic... remember they can have bonuses and def drinks, too!
    Last edited by Vile Lynn; 07-12-2016 at 02:49 PM.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    Heh heh, "Any suggestions on how to improve H&V?". Kill it….

Ok sort of kidding aside, thanks for the information though in my case it didn't really help much as the red and green colours are somewhat misleading e.g. in most societies green = go red = stop. It's even that way in the orient so breaking convention makes things well rather unusual.

Reward vs workload, at the point where I am at doesn't seem worth it and then factor in the questionable advantage to using gold again where I'm at with all my players seems to be not worth it. Especially considering that the event is an attempt to get spending started back up, if so it needs to be made worthwhile.

Crashing, yup it's back. I just had a 128GB iPad Pro with about 12GB used crash fairly consistently and the delays from pop ups makes things rather frustrating considering I'm sitting right under an access point running on a fibre backbone.

As I mentioned the main issue I have is that there is no long term design plan for the game, just a bunch of crap piled on top of more crap with stuff working now being a revelation while we've become complacent about screw ups because they happen so often.

It does now look like equipment is in play, I don't recall it showing up in the result box previously but perhaps a pop up nerfed things before I could see it.

Lag is just brutal though on IOS, doesn't really matter what the device from the lowest spec'd iPad to the highest. Android is a lot better for lag but has it's own private hell as well.

Appreciate the update though, not sure it really helps me but I'm sure it helped others.
    Thank you for your feedback, AO.

Crashing and lag is something they're always trying to fix; it's frustrating for everybody.

About the green & red colors, yeah I agree. It actually still works here because green means "you'll win" so GO! And red means to stop and figure out if you can win or pick another rival from the list. But, sometimes tapping green causes a loss since scores move up (and down) quickly and one needs to refresh scores often.
    What I find unconventional is having to work with a rival to keep chains going. It's just strange, heh!

Since there are soooo many players with tons of previously rewarded (free) stamina refills, I figured this event to be less of a gold grab and more fun for those players who rely on being active to gain an edge up. I find this event to be very exhausting but challenging!

Equipment does come into play, but it's just a small portion for the bonus percentage added to your points per hit. It might help cause a loss if the rival has a higher bonus, but Retry gives +5%* which might make the difference between losing & winning. I've had to hit 3-4x to win and to keep a high chain going. That might not be a good strategy, but it works for the win!

Basically, most players start out on an even field no matter their level: everybody can find First Strikes to gain points, but chains are where the big points are! And, XP gains are very small, if anybody cares about leveling too much. Having a lot of SPs for stamina is definitly an advantage for HLPs over mini accts.

*edit: retry bonus is +5%, but they increased it to +15% in CC, which is much better! Hopefully they'll increase it in MW, too!

Quote Originally Posted by WBS View Post
    Vile Lynn- with all due respect, do you honestly think a new event will fix grees issues? I do like the idea of a new event, but it's grees lack of quality and customer care, as well as gold pushing that has driven the fun from this game. Balance out and fix those things and the game has a chance.
    Hi WBS... Of course, I don't believe that a new event will fix anything, but I was hoping this new event would be enjoyable for everybody (and not create more issues!)
    I've posted that many times in the past, too: fix the old issues before adding new content! I still don't understand why they can't "just fix stuff!" If it was only that easy. But, I know nothing about coding; some issues must be very challenging and illusive. I have to believe that if they could fix it, they would; and the developers want to have a bug-free game, but bugs happen, crashes happen, lag happens, typos happen.
    I play for the fun of it, and I try not to let things out of my control bother me too much.
    Last edited by Vile Lynn; 07-13-2016 at 12:55 PM.

Post Count
    And don't buy the defense boosts! It'll only work to slow you down in building chains.