GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What does this mean: 18.400401aa

Articulate Author
    Post Count

What does this mean: 18.400401aa

Alliance attack: 18.400401aa
    Alliance Defense: 27.509195aa

In practical terms it means he is about to hand me my a$$.
    Are the letters code for a gazillion or something?
    In Canada a Vault of Gold on Android is $100.00 and on iOS it is $140.00

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    i guess someone did not proofread their homework before turning in their work to the teacher!

Or just plain old bad "programming"?

Banned
    Post Count
    It's called gree logic. Only works in gree land.

The general public has no clue about gree logic.

Thanks for playing

Post Count
    I guess you guys missed the Announcement Sticky posted yesterday...
    Quote Originally Posted by [PM] President Hightower View Post
    Hello Modern Warriors,

We wanted to let you know that there will be a small change that some players with very high power numbers may see in the newest release. This change relates to the way the game displays these very large power numbers. For example if your power was:

the game would not be able to display this number accurately.

For players at such a high power level, their power would now be displayed as:

1.54618887aa

Rest assured that you will not lose any power during this update and that it is only to minimize the display of very large numbers.

Furthermore, this system will allow the game to continue to grow. For example if your attack was displayed as:

1.54618887bb

and you attacked a player with a defense of:

1.54618887aa

you would win the battle as your attack is 1000x that of your opponent's defense.

FYI
    Line ID: clementine88

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post
    I guess you guys missed the Announcement Sticky posted yesterday...

FYI

Didn't miss the sticky, we missed the logic in it. It would have been much better to do 1.78Q,
    Or 1.89T.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    So with the least amount of explanation from GREE:

aa = Quadrillion

bb = Quintillion

cc = Sextillion

dd = Septillion

ee = Octillion

ff = Nonillion

gg = Decillion

and so on?

If that is so, why could they not even say that?

I guess GREE will be getting ready to start introducing units with 1B attacks and defenses.

Anyone showing "bb" yet in their stats?
    Last edited by Rolinz; 07-09-2016 at 10:29 AM.

Post Count
    I guess this means that gree programmers have no mathmatical skills since HT's post makes no sense without an explanation into how the suffixs work.

Rolinz what you posted makes sense, how flipping difficult would it have been to have posted a road map as well....
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    I guess this means that gree programmers have no mathmatical skills since HT's post makes no sense without an explanation into how the suffixs work.

Rolinz what you posted makes sense, how flipping difficult would it have been to have posted a road map as well....
    I'm a little curious what impact this will have on the game. I assume the all calculations will need to be done server side. Even simple stat display, as when the 64-bit limit is breached and they are using the aa.. gg and so on and I can't imagine this happening client side.. Can't say I've ever had to work on an app that goes beyond a BigInt.. But if it is all server side, then roll on some more lag....

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by HellRaizer View Post
    I'm a little curious what impact this will have on the game. I assume the all calculations will need to be done server side. Even simple stat display, as when the 64-bit limit is breached and they are using the aa.. gg and so on and I can't imagine this happening client side.. Can't say I've ever had to work on an app that goes beyond a BigInt.. But if it is all server side, then roll on some more lag....
    That is a very good question. I notice on IOS the game now crawls even on the latest iPads and the big screen version is no better so I deleted MW from it and returned it to dev. It so flipping big that I might as well use a Macbook.

Android seems faster when the loading and linking and Bluestacks flies compared to the other systems though switching accounts is screwed up and requires a restart of Bluestacks and a log back in. Plus a few other annoying features.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Remember a year or so ago when people were getting locked out for having 2.147B of various things? It was the infamous 32 bit integer debocal. I believe this is their answer to the post 64 bit programming issue quickly nearing because they can't get ahold of stat inflation. Basically gree programmers ran out of fingers and toes
    Hail Hightower

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    IT means the END is nearer.
    objects in mirror are closer than they appear. LOL
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    During the first ever Faction World Domination thing, my faction placed around the top 100 and I won a great prize -- the A2 Stiletto. I still have it in my inventory -- A1600 D1100. And this one time Gree gave everybody a loyalty bonus unit, the Daylight Chaser: A53 D47. And I still have two -- count 'em -- TWO of the PT-91 Twardy unit. The limit was one, but I got the second one because I was beta testing LTQs at the time. And I still have both of those badddaaaaassssss units: A2,100 D1,100.
    You can buy a Baywatch Hornet Pilot for 200M. Casualty rate is medium, but if is fake money anyway, and you get an immediate benefit: A985,900,000 D657,200,000.
    This inflation is ludicrous. We are all going to have to get engineering degrees to be able to even count the points.
    Any more, I don't even look at any of the units, I play for concrete or propaganda (which don't do anything).
    This has gotten ridiculous, but I don't predict the demise of Modern War. I have been screwing around with this stuff for 4+ years, and the only two constants are (1) Gree will continue to screw things up for players, and (2) people will threaten to leave forever.
    Damn, it is a fun game, though, even with all the warts. But I miss the olden days when I didn't need a slide rule and a supercomputer to figure out my points.