Do boxes seem harder to open now?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Do boxes seem harder to open now?

Post Count

Do boxes seem harder to open now?

The last box/crate event I only got 7 tokens and was stuck there for 3 days, getting 2 more back to back the final 2 hours. Keep in mind I made open attempts every hour I was able and it either wouldn't open or just gave the same unit over and over.

Now I know GREE plays with the odds but I don't see why they need to gimp honest players like this. I have always been able to get at least 12 within the time given for events over 2 days. Something needs to change here.

Even now I can't seem to get any to open.
    If you are not c, you have no rs...

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Pidgeot View Post
    The last box/crate event I only got 7 tokens and was stuck there for 3 days, getting 2 more back to back the final 2 hours. Keep in mind I made open attempts every hour I was able and it either wouldn't open or just gave the same unit over and over.

Now I know GREE plays with the odds but I don't see why they need to gimp honest players like this. I have always been able to get at least 12 within the time given for events over 2 days. Something needs to change here.

That was I primary reason for stopping gold spending years ago. I couldn't get beyond box 8 on a 25 crate event no matter how much gold I used. All that CS could say that I was "very unlucky".

Apple however, understood my issue.....

Post Count
    I have completely given up on box event. Free hits get me to 7 or very rarely 8/10 in 2 days. The next 2-3 days of event.....nothing. This is consistent over multiple box events. And I see gold players have no better luck even spending 100's in gold?

This was not the case 6 months ago. With consistent log-ins, 10/10 was possible.

There's no point in logging in every hour for days for 0% chance.

GREE - bad design, but thanks for saving me the hassle of playing your game.

Post Count
    I see. Indie isn't even possible for me. It seems they added more units to the pool. I haven't gotten all the units in like 30 crates events. Since nothing adds to my army but air boost and high powered air units, I might just cut this event out too.

GREE should want people playing in as many events as possible to yield the most money possible but all they are doing is cutting people out.
    If you are not c, you have no rs...

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeIdiot View Post
    I have completely given up on box event. Free hits get me to 7 or very rarely 8/10 in 2 days. The next 2-3 days of event.....nothing. This is consistent over multiple box events. And I see gold players have no better luck even spending 100's in gold?
    This was not the case 6 months ago. With consistent log-ins, 10/10 was possible.
    There's no point in logging in every hour for days for 0% chance.
    My sentiments exactly. I used to be happy to win some event prizes at level 10 or 12. Now I can't get past 7 ever. Very annoying. Why bother?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    The box events have been getting harder for awhile now. It seems they changed the open rate.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Tappers beware, danger is everywhere.
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

I am sure they reduce the "open" rate, months ago, and that is the reason I just ignore box events now days, I used to get to 8/10 or 9/10 and use some gold to try to get the last one, (sometimes I did) but after they "revamp" the event, you can barely get to 6 or 7 tokens trying the same amount of times as before

results

Ignore event, save gold = I am a happy gamer

Open Crates +3% Faction Goal
    Seems it actually is -3%
    Used to get 10/xxx what ever largest goal is....now only get 7/xxxx

Pi** of gree , you break every multiplier somehow.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Same here on opening crates. I suspect the rate was subversively reduced to offset that +3% faction Hqs bonus. They probably overestimated the effect, so now everyone suffers. Call me a skeptic, just my opinion.
    Nothing is, always, as it seems.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Batchief View Post
    Same here on opening crates. I suspect the rate was subversively reduced to offset that +3% faction Hqs bonus. They probably overestimated the effect, so now everyone suffers. Call me a skeptic, just my opinion.

You're no skeptic mate, you're a genius.
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

Look at it like this.... I think the box event is the only event that's not fk,d up atm. (Give it time) so GREE have to profit from the one thing that working in the game... come on it's working so it's a privilege. so you going to have to spend extra on it. (Rolls eyes) you should know by now that any event that GREE gets to work, there going to take the opportunity to make something from it. As there's not many events that are glich free. I have not even got a token to try for a box. I'm a lot happier playing the game my way now. No stress and no worries.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by No One Special View Post
    Open Crates +3% Faction Goal
    Seems it actually is -3%
    Used to get 10/xxx what ever largest goal is....now only get 7/xxxx

Pi** of gree , you break every multiplier somehow.
    It seems that you are right and Gree calculates HQ bonus -30% instead of +3%...
    It is usual for Gree's developers who don't know basic mathematics and what they do. (Old story about gree mathematics)

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Annihilator2 View Post
    It seems that you are right and Gree calculates HQ bonus -30% instead of +3%...
    It is usual for Gree's developers who don't know basic mathematics and what they do. (Old story about gree mathematics)

http://www.hark.com/clips/rxzlqxhxvd...autoplay=true#

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

Since I made a post in this thread, I now get zero (units or chits). Extrapolate that to maybe getting 3 in the entire event! Maybe Gree does monitor this forum.
    Nothing is, always, as it seems.