New frontline scoring poll. - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Should we keep the new frontline scoring system?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, keep new system

6 15.38%
  • No, revert to old

33 84.62%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New frontline scoring poll.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by smbass77 View Post

helping other factions is one thing, but when a team skirts the rules to help themselves, it's a problem.

Anyone who says "it's only a small amount of points" doesn't understand how some top teams were abusing the system. Before they locked FL, when teams were moving minis in and out, one team nearly took the top spot. It causes honest factions to have to spend more to defeat those who skirt the rules. using mini factions to feed their main faction points was a HUGE problem.

it should cause smart factions to stop, laugh, and do NUTTIN!!!!

Just look at the leaderboard now, several teams who have been top 10 for months are now in the 30s or lower. How much extra gold did teams have to spend to stay ahead of those using mini teams? How many honest teams lost placement/rewards because of those skirting the rules?

Yes, those must be the SMART teams who understand how to react to a SCAM.

I hate this FL format too. Ruined the event. But I'd rather have it this way than be playing against teams who think of every and any way to skirt the rules.

Smart tappers stopped caring about things that never mattered.
    But hey, you're free to DEW you, cause they're DEWIN' them, too!!!
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Out View Post
    how can teem press button and get match with feeder team?

I not very smart.

Ignourant is bliss.

ise agreed whiff what dude Dunn sed.

Ise whiff he.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Post Count
    I agree, it should be put back to the way it was if this is really a thing. This doesn't affect a lot of teams unless some top team is doing this.
    If you are not c, you have no rs...

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    This new scoring takes strategy and team work out of Frontline and just makes it about straight gold. I guess that's a good way to run a business if you have players willing to do it but I know the joy and elation when a faction is able to rush a spot with 2 minutes left and take it for a huge win is fun.

I've also had front row seats to a beating from PR1 or Ghosts. It's amazing to just watch them take over the board in 30m and you can either get your points or you can not battle. I can't imagine where "feeding" affects them one bit when they have single players scoring 3b in one battle.

I just know this last Frontline, more often than not, I saw three factions take 1 spot and not even bother to try and take another spot. Pretty boring and I know I didn't feel like spending anything on this event.
    Last edited by MajikUF; 06-06-2016 at 07:06 PM.
    -------------------------------------------------
    Proud Member of "Late Nite Killas"
    Former Member of "Strategic Air Command" (RIP Seal)
    Former Member of "Usual Suspects"

Banned
    Post Count
    Yes I have seen ss of the number 6 team feeding the number 2 team points. Mostly because one or a few people are on those same teams.

Banned
    Post Count
    You have to get lucky to match with your feeder team to make points. Besides there is really oh 10-20 teams that still care enough to spend tons of gold over a low quality game.

FL was good, and like many gree has managed to ruin another event.

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    So why not do the same thing in wd? Get a feeder group and everyone hit the top player to give him free wins and to give his team free points?

Next they will complain that people are using other teams hq, or that people are jumping around to help others with raid boss

Sounds like a bunch of crybabies successfully ruined this event for the rest of us.
    Texicans. Top 50, 75, 100, 150. We have been it all.

We use dockbot, if your faction wants a demo pm me. I will even give you a free WD usage if it is your first time to use.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    In my view feeder teams made little difference to 95% of factions. This is like abolishing goals in soccer because some teams were using an offside trap.
    Couldn't agree more

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Out View Post
    how can teem press button and get match with feeder team?

I not very smart.

Ignourant is bliss.
    Wondering this myself. They must have magic fingers or something. And to keep matching their feeder teams to. Very skilled indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jg48 View Post
    Yes I have seen ss of the number 6 team feeding the number 2 team points. Mostly because one or a few people are on those same teams.
    What do your screen shots prove again??? I'm missing something here. This all just seems like a theory people latched onto because of change that occurred with no info from gree. The fact that so many people are buying into this is a joke. And it's ironic as most of these same teams participate in WD matchup rooms for legendary battles which is in essence a feeder system. You can't be cool with things in one scenario and not in another when they are virtually the same thing

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    And in the meantime gree hasn't said the first word about any of these changes, no heads-up, no here's why, and no just get over it we aren't changing it (which sure seems like what i am hearing by their slience on the matter).

Our couple thousand we use to spend on fl x a lot of other factions who see no reason to spend on the event anymore will get their attention if nothing else will.
    Texicans. Top 50, 75, 100, 150. We have been it all.

We use dockbot, if your faction wants a demo pm me. I will even give you a free WD usage if it is your first time to use.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DEWIN NUTTIN View Post
    ise agreed whiff what dude Dunn sed.

Ise whiff he.

It's no different matching a specific team in FL as it is in WD......and plenty match teams near their rank to get legendary. Two teams declare at same time and have a real good chance of matching.

Not rocket science

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    It's no different matching a specific team in FL as it is in WD......and plenty match teams near their rank to get legendary. Two teams declare at same time and have a real good chance of matching.

Not rocket science
    Oh yeah, I know.

The Bard said it best, much ado about NUTTIN.

"

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    It looks like the original scoring system might be back....
    -------------------------------------------------
    Proud Member of "Late Nite Killas"
    Former Member of "Strategic Air Command" (RIP Seal)
    Former Member of "Usual Suspects"

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Make it so you can meet a team only once's per 24h like WD