New frontline scoring poll.

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Should we keep the new frontline scoring system?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, keep new system

6 15.38%
  • No, revert to old

33 84.62%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New frontline scoring poll.

Articulate Author
    Post Count

New frontline scoring poll.

Nice and simple: should we continue to go with new frontline scoring where you can only capture your own control points, or revert to the previous version, where you can capture control points from the opposition.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    depends. If Gree can find a way to stop teams from using mini teams to feed them points, than I'd love to see it revert back to the old scoring.

But I'm guessing Gree couldn't find another way, which is why we are in this place now.

And Gree will not ban teams that are using mini factions to feed them points because some of those teams are Top 5 in every event and spend a LOT of gold.

So if this is the only way to stop those who like to skirt the rules, I'm all for the current system

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    In my view feeder teams made little difference to 95% of factions. This is like abolishing goals in soccer because some teams were using an offside trap.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    with the new boosts, winning nodes is now a moot point anyway, except for faction win goals. Most points now come from boosted wars, not stealing nodes.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Depends where you are... Lots of factions without boosts.

Post Count
    The new scoring system has completely ruined FL reducing it to a tapping and gold exercise. The tactical, decision and team coordination elements have all gone. In my view, the old system should be reinstated, and even make control points an even bigger factor increasing the incentive to capture nodes.

Feeder teams, if that really is why the scoring was changed, were a very small element affecting a few top teams. And to be honest, if a team can be bothered to go to the effort of creating and playing a complete mini faction for a few extra control points, then good luck to them. There are teams cooperating all over MW. Whats the big issue?

Banned
    Post Count
    Who cares if teams want to use mini teams to feed. Everyone could do it if they want. Besides the top teams already spend all the gold, it's not going to change our ranking.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    It never ends.
    It lives.
    Its just a silly game.
    Nothing about the game matters.
    Why obsess over it?
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    We already have an event based on gold only (WD). Was nice to have an event that is not only based on gold (FL)

I dont care about who feeds who. Doesnt make such a difference on the leaderboard in the end. I cant imagine it's the real/only reason for changing the system.

On the other hand it's gonna be interesting to compare leaderboard between old and current systems: It will show which teams are only good due to their gold expenses.
    Last edited by Arnaud; 06-06-2016 at 10:49 AM.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Ozy, you do realise this is not intentional right?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DEWIN NUTTIN View Post
    It never ends.
    It lives.
    Its just a silly game.
    Nothing about the game matters.
    Why obsess over it?

Words of wisdom.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    The points do not matter anything... Old points, new points, ... The whole game goes down...

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    WOW, so the only reason now to steal a node is just to complete factions goals, otherwise it is poinless

that is why my faction has only been hitting 1 node in all battle

oh, well, another event that GREE............GREEs-UPS

Not to mention that on IOS games crashes with every deploy, so you have to log in the game at least 4 times in order to use all your 250 deploys in one battle

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    helping other factions is one thing, but when a team skirts the rules to help themselves, it's a problem.

Anyone who says "it's only a small amount of points" doesn't understand how some top teams were abusing the system. Before they locked FL, when teams were moving minis in and out, one team nearly took the top spot. It causes honest factions to have to spend more to defeat those who skirt the rules. using mini factions to feed their main faction points was a HUGE problem.

Just look at the leaderboard now, several teams who have been top 10 for months are now in the 30s or lower. How much extra gold did teams have to spend to stay ahead of those using mini teams? How many honest teams lost placement/rewards because of those skirting the rules?

I hate this FL format too. Ruined the event. But I'd rather have it this way than be playing against teams who think of every and any way to skirt the rules.

Post Count
    how can teem press button and get match with feeder team?

I not very smart.

Ignourant is bliss.