DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Account Linking has broken on Android

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    Yeah the account that is 'stuck' doesn't seem to fix itself. I have a feeling it got corrupted during a server push or they ran a faulty account checker and it locked a bunch of accounts.

Basically this is on gree's end and some sort of corruption of the affected accounts. So basically we are screwed until they fix the issue. This feels a lot like the lockout issues we had on IOS.
    Yep it was just after a push they did when I tried to log on. So I will not see that account for about 2 years. Maybe it's a blessing I don't have the game on my phone. If I'm right I think they have done something in relation to HCB as of under lvl 5. And corrupted something. GREE always mess up a tactical plan I had for a new faction lol. It says a strategy game. But GREE take it to the extreme....Damn you need it just to work out a plan for all the gliches. Then once you figure out a plan for that. Then on to plan 2 starting the game.... once you mastered the game gliches then plan 3 building a faction..... now your fooked lol headache from your faction members as there complaining about plan 1 & 2 lol

Post Count
    Yeah this really is a bad joke. I've tracked the issue down to accounts that were built around the same time. I have three that lock up the app on Android currently and all were created within a couple of days of each other. The other common factor I think is that I put them in the same new faction as well.

In case HT reads this the players that are locked out are,

588-596-790
    304-592-315
    384-208-241

Faction ID
    491-408-491

Since I successfully locked up my droid yet again I've had to reset it for a 4th time! Grrrrr and now to find the flipping app as it doesn't show in the Playstore until I update the system. This is beyond a PITA so I am pretty sure that folks that experience this mess just say screw it and delete.

This is starting to feel like some sort of corruption on a portion of the database affecting a certain range of accounts that were created roughly at the same time as the new accounts I have created in the past couple of days are still working as are the older accounts created a month ago or older.

I guess I'll send a ticket if I can figure out where the web link is.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Post Count
    Ticket sent, #2984329

May 30, 06:06

As posted to the forum under my user name Agent Orange. I have been tracking an issue with accounts of a certain age that are suddenly locked out of the game. This occurs when you use linking on Android and when the faulty account is accessed a not connected to internet error occurs. Since the device is connected this appears to be a default error code.

The three listed accounts all trigger this issue and the only work around to get back into the app is to do a full reset of the affected device! Probably not something your average end user is willing to do. Oddly all of the new accounts that I have had to create do not experience this issue.

There are many others on the MW forum posting of this exact problem and I have started a thread regarding this issue where hopefully we can collect enough data to point you guys in the right direction.

I think I also assigned those three accounts to a faction as well which is, 491-408-491

Might be an idea to put this on the priority list as it could affect those players who have a number of accounts including old ones that spend $$$ on this app since this totally locks you out of the game.
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffW View Post
    I had the exact same thing happen earlier today. I tried to switch accounts on my Android to a very low level mini that I had not used in quite a long while. After that MW would not start up. I tried all sorts: reinstall MW, restart device, log out of game centre and then back in again, etc, etc.
    In the end I got it going again by opening the mini on my linked iOS device. It opened fine and I played it up a couple of levels. After that the Android MW opened up fine again!
    Only a fix if you have a linked iOS device I know, but may help someone.
    Ahhh missed this, thanks will have to reset something and try this. What is weird is that it seems to only affect certain accounts. The new ones are working so far.
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by levelhead View Post
    Yep it was just after a push they did when I tried to log on. So I will not see that account for about 2 years. Maybe it's a blessing I don't have the game on my phone. If I'm right I think they have done something in relation to HCB as of under lvl 5. And corrupted something. GREE always mess up a tactical plan I had for a new faction lol. It says a strategy game. But GREE take it to the extreme....Damn you need it just to work out a plan for all the gliches. Then once you figure out a plan for that. Then on to plan 2 starting the game.... once you mastered the game gliches then plan 3 building a faction..... now your fooked lol headache from your faction members as there complaining about plan 1 & 2 lol
    Same here. I am completely locked out of the game. I also have at least one mini below level 5 from the last time I moved to a new device. I don't have a linked IOS device and am not willing to wipe my device just to get a game working again. With the almost endless number of bugs and glitches in the game the last couple of years I am past caring at the moment anyway. I entered a ticket yesterday and just wait to see what happens. Maybe they surprise me and actually fix the problem. In the mean time I have some extra time to spend on other things and maybe it is time to retire anyway.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Layon View Post
    Same here. I am completely locked out of the game. I also have at least one mini below level 5 from the last time I moved to a new device. I don't have a linked IOS device and am not willing to wipe my device just to get a game working again. With the almost endless number of bugs and glitches in the game the last couple of years I am past caring at the moment anyway. I entered a ticket yesterday and just wait to see what happens. Maybe they surprise me and actually fix the problem. In the mean time I have some extra time to spend on other things and maybe it is time to retire anyway.
    Im the same I gave my faction leadership over and only did one day of wd. Im taking a backseat from the game. Started to play a new game that just as fun and not 1 single problem in months. And the best thing of all they dont put out events that costs you loads just to get anywhere.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by levelhead View Post
    Im the same I gave my faction leadership over and only did one day of wd. Im taking a backseat from the game. Started to play a new game that just as fun and not 1 single problem in months. And the best thing of all they dont put out events that costs you loads just to get anywhere.
    I play clash of clans now. I haven't had one issue in a year and a half. They are leagues ahead of gree. Gree is still in the Stone Age compared to them. Or maybe it's that gree is just that incompetent. I casually play MW, don't get much time in. Get about 30 hits in for WD.

Post Count
    If you have an iOS device and your accounts are linked, load up the corrupt low level account on iOS. Level it up to 5 and restart your Android device. You should find it now loads up without any problems. Worked for my Nexus and Bluestacks.

Post Count
    I do have also an IOS device (Ipad 1, yes it still works) but account is not linked. I will try to see if I can get it linked though.
    I entered ticket 3 days ago by the way and am waiting on resolution.
    p.s.: game crashes on iPad 1.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Arizona View Post
    If you have an iOS device and your accounts are linked, load up the corrupt low level account on iOS. Level it up to 5 and restart your Android device. You should find it now loads up without any problems. Worked for my Nexus and Bluestacks.
    I did not see on Google play that you need ios to play the game.... so now you need both android and ios just to play the game now. Hence why I have taken a back seat. I will not buy an extra device just to pass the time on a game. If a game is broken then I will just move on to a better game that's working. Adios GREE....

Development Team
    Post Count
    Just wanted to let people know that we are already investigating this issue. We have a few tickets that we've received with excellent information including id's, times and device types. If you haven't yet submitted a ticket please feel free to do so and include as much information about your situation as possible.

Post Count
    Thank you. This is the first time i heard you are working on it. The problem seems clear and also the solution or work-a-round. People switched to an account that is causing the game to crash at start up. So there is some default account selection file or setting stored on my device. Tell us what that is so we can erase or change that so we are then able to select a different account that is not crashing the game. We can then continue playing whil you investigate and fix the real problem. By the way: this problem seems serious enough to roll back from latest game update the broke the game?

Post Count
    Did get a reply from support asking for a screen shot. Just locked up again and tried but the error message over rides the screen shot function so nope. Granted all it is is a message telling me to check my internet connection and reset which does norhing.

No further replies since.
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by WBS View Post
    Go for refunds guys. Corrupt red deserves no respect.
    Invested money is one thing. But how much money would compensate for the many hours of game play over a period of many years?
    I have not been able to access the game now for more than 11 days. And for what? For an update of the game that broke access to low level accounts on Android.
    And because the game does not start now I cannot access the account selection menu to select the accounts that are working fine.
    All I need from Gree is to tell me how I can select my main account from outside the game.
    I asked them this in my ticket but it seems they are ignoring me.
    Hightower asked people to give information in the tickets and I did.
    The fact that they are asking for screen dumps tells me they are still not aware of what the problem is, that they are not reading or understanding the info I provided in my ticket.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Layon View Post
    Invested money is one thing. But how much money would compensate for the many hours of game play over a period of many years?
    I have not been able to access the game now for more than 11 days. And for what? For an update of the game that broke access to low level accounts on Android.
    And because the game does not start now I cannot access the account selection menu to select the accounts that are working fine.
    All I need from Gree is to tell me how I can select my main account from outside the game.
    I asked them this in my ticket but it seems they are ignoring me.
    Hightower asked people to give information in the tickets and I did.
    The fact that they are asking for screen dumps tells me they are still not aware of what the problem is, that they are not reading or understanding the info I provided in my ticket.
    UNTESTED:
    - You could try to "Clear Data" in Settings->Apps->MW and then delete/rename the uuid file in your [SDFOLDER]\funzio folder : that would create you a new mini, and MAYBE gives you access to your main account when your resync it with your google play account.
    - You could try to disable the "sign in to games automatically" in the Settings of the Google "Play Games" app : no idea if it would help, at all...
    - You could try to check your "Google play services" and "google play games" app version. You can also uninstall any updates done to these apps, and re-update them.

It's all I would try to do, no idea if it could work.