Account Linking has broken on Android - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Account Linking has broken on Android

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ju100 View Post
    UNTESTED:
    - You could try to "Clear Data" in Settings->Apps->MW and then delete/rename the uuid file in your [SDFOLDER]\funzio folder : that would create you a new mini, and MAYBE gives you access to your main account when your resync it with your google play account.
    - You could try to disable the "sign in to games automatically" in the Settings of the Google "Play Games" app : no idea if it would help, at all...
    - You could try to check your "Google play services" and "google play games" app version. You can also uninstall any updates done to these apps, and re-update them.

It's all I would try to do, no idea if it could work.
    The Clearing Data did work, basically had to delete the funzio folder, then deleted the app and reinstalled it. Then had to go through the tutorial to get to the linked accounts. Guess it's
    better then having to reset the device.

Disabling 'sign into games automatically' didn't work.

Uninstalling Google Play Services and uninstalling just the updates and nuking the cache didn't work either.

But the problem seems to be getting worse as it is spreading to accounts that are higher then my L2-5's and now seems to lock out after 5-6 switches of linked accounts.

My best guess is that this is a Google Play Services problem as the app seems to hang up at about the time when the graphic for my Play Games user ID pops up on the screen.
    Yes it would be great if we could get Gree to give us the option to select a different player prior to loading the app as that might allow a work around as opposed to having to create
    a new player account every time the bloody app locks out.

I'm up to 12 new accounts just to keep unlocking frozen devices. I'm going to start naming all these new guys Gree $ux from this point forward.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    The Clearing Data did work, basically had to delete the funzio folder, then deleted the app and reinstalled it. Then had to go through the tutorial to get to the linked accounts. Guess it's

Uninstalling Google Play Services and uninstalling just the updates and nuking the cache didn't work either.

But the problem seems to be getting worse as it is spreading to accounts that are higher then my L2-5's and now seems to lock out after 5-6 switches of linked accounts.

My best guess is that this is a Google Play Services problem as the app seems to hang up at about the time when the graphic for my Play Games user ID pops up on the screen.
    Yes it would be great if we could get Gree to give us the option to select a different player prior to loading the app as that might allow a work around as opposed to having to create

I'm up to 12 new accounts just to keep unlocking frozen devices. I'm going to start naming all these new guys Gree $ux from this point forward.
    First thing first : The naming convention you are following for your new minis is good, stick with it!

I must have around 100 accounts linked to my droid and I don't have the problem but as you said, the "Play Games user ID" popup could be source : I had to chose a new (? I thought I had one already) gamer ID some weeks ago. Do you have the "Play games" app on your device? If you launch it, do you see your account, and do you see that it is the only one linked? (just in case multiple games accounts would not work well with MW).

I'm at work, but will disassemble the apk when at home to see what is called/happening around the GameID popup.

[EDIT:] The latest version of the "Play Games" app I have on my phone is the 3.7.23 dated/updated 05/18/2016. Would the date be around when the problems started?
    Last edited by ju100; 06-08-2016 at 06:45 AM.

Consistent Contributor Bambamgunz's Avatar
    Post Count

Yay !! Same issue here. Now i have a new mini army of 19 Alex's and thats from 1 day!!

After i switch accounts avg 3-5 times i get error,have to clean/delete game data to clear error msg,
    login mw/google play account,
    Click YES and login to selected account and have a new Alex.
    Click NO and have new Alex not connected to other linked accounts.I have 5 accounts from this.Start over and click yes!
    file:///C:/Users/User/Desktop/Events/VFF/TEMPORARY/1500x1125.jpeg.6563dcd23c12442da2c4b244f5ad1d87.jp  g

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambamgunz View Post
    Yay !! Same issue here. Now i have a new mini army of 19 Alex's and thats from 1 day!!

After i switch accounts avg 3-5 times i get error,have to clean/delete game data to clear error msg,
    login mw/google play account,
    Click YES and login to selected account and have a new Alex.
    Click NO and have new Alex not connected to other linked accounts.I have 5 accounts from this.Start over and click yes!
    Yes it is getting rediculous. I had to create 4 more yesterday before finally giving up. The corrupted accounts are growing, originally the three L2's but this has now spread to some L30's as well as the four I parked my other factions in. I would say that the next WD is going to be an epic failure if this doesn't get sorted out since anyone on Android or Bluestacks may or will suddenly start having their accounts locked out when they use linking and the problem continues to spread past their lowest level players. If it starts hitting faction leaders as it just did to me, well that will kill it completely.

Of note, once you get the connection failure on an account that account is locked out and there is no work around that I have found that can fix this. It appears to be connected to either Google Play Games or Google Play Services in that MW fails to load your profile as it boots and posts the generic cannot connect error. But the other part of the issue is that once the account locks out it is locked out permanently as I have not been able to get back into those accounts and therefore anythng connected to them is LOST. This IMHO is a game killer especially as it appears to be spreading through my accounts.
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Ho hum. The lockout with the "check Internet connection" screen just happened to me a couple hours ago. It was fine all night long. The Internet connection told me all about Muhammed Ali's funeral and Mr Howe, the hockey legend died. I use Android and went through the reboot routine multiple times. I don't need any more Alexes. They arrive with every other reinstall. Gree takes a month to tell me that I have to fix it myself in Google Game Center. I don't really understand what you guys are doing that works.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Is there any news on the big failings. It's beyond ridiculous that a multi player gaming company has some big floors. Gree its embarrassing and shameful that you cannot even get the basic faction of the game to work. (log in) thought this might be fixed by now. Why should ppl try and find a work around just to play a game. I notice the comments on Google play there's lots of comments in regards to this problem, maybe keeping ppl updated would be a nice gesture.

Post Count
    Nope still broken and the only resonse from support was to send in screen shots.

I sent multiple replies with suggestions but the silence is deafening.
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Nope still broken and the only resonse from support was to send in screen shots.

I sent multiple replies with suggestions but the silence is deafening.
    I have not logged in for ages as gone back to camping mode. But when I was installing the game again I noticed that any new account will not work for android. GREE has messed up big time as no new player on android can log in. Think that's someone trying to say something lol good to see there working on it though. Must be shameful for Google to give a top developer and new ppl cannot even log in lol

Post Count
    Incredible: they had the brutality to close my ticket with “sorry for the inconvenience” and “your problem will be fixed in the next release”. I swear, it looks like there are no real people in the helpdesk anymore. It feels like I am talking to a dumb AI.
    I am beyond caring now.