Account Linking has broken on Android

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Account Linking has broken on Android

Post Count

Account Linking has broken on Android

Just bricked two devices by switching from one Android account to another. This appears to be connected to the current server push as linking was working prior to rnning it just now.

On the first bricked device I tried to reinstall the app, but no luck. Then tried resetting the device but still no luck. It is possible it is he particular player account.

I'd send in a ticket except that I can't access the game or my accounts. Only get the cannot connect to server error message.

This feels a lot like the lockout we had on IOS a few months ago.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Post Count
    I should clarify, resetting device did not work since MW is not appearing in the playstore.
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    This has been going on for the last few days AO. Your not alone. I was lucky that I. Could reinstall it. But only work when I wiped everything. It's will not connect to my mini account meaning my under lvl 5 account. And it's the same on my phone. I have not switched in a few days. There is another thread which someone else started and no one has responded to it. And the tickets as well no reply to them. I guess there aware of the problem. I'm thinking there's gonna be more complaints over the coming days as there's going to be a snowball effect.
    Last edited by levelhead; 05-28-2016 at 01:30 AM.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    I should clarify, resetting device did not work since MW is not appearing in the playstore.

Get "Send Anywhere" install on all devices.
    One device must have MW.
    You send MW to the other device.
    Your other device installs MW
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by levelhead View Post
    This has been going on for the last few days AO. Your not alone. I was lucky that I. Could reinstall it. But only work when I wiped everything. It's will not connect to my mini account meaning my under lvl 5 account. And it's the same on my phone. I have not switched in a few days. There is another thread which someone else started and no one has responded to it. And the tickets as well no reply to them. I guess there aware of the problem. I'm thinking there's gonna be more complaints over the coming days as there's going to be a snowball effect.
    Yup it looks like it's the account which is a level 2. I have a few down there. I did wipe everything and after doing an update to google play got a link to download MW. Once it was installed when asked if I wanted to use my existing play account I said yes and got back all my accounts including a new alex account. Glad I didn't open the damn thing or I'd be going through this crap again.

Wonder what they screwed up this time, one interesting thing was that I had two MW apps when I first just tried to uninstall and clear MW by going through apps in android settings. One was v6.2 but other showed 0.7.

So it looks like the only way out of this is to fully wipe the device? Tried deleting app, files, cache but it's still locked up trying to log into the L2 account. I wonder if this is something to do with android going into an offline mode because I noticed pop ups the other day saying something about the app dropping into such a mode even though I was in our wifi network.

But glad the droids that are screwed up are testing devices so wiping them was no big deal. I'd think twince if it was my primary device with all my stuff on it. The only way I was able to get back to my higher level players was to do an entire system reset nuking everything and starting fresh.
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DEWIN NUTTIN View Post
    Get "Send Anywhere" install on all devices.
    One device must have MW.
    You send MW to the other device.
    Your other device installs MW
    Thanks, was able to get the link back. Though trying to decide if that was a blessing or a curse.....
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Thanks, was able to get the link back. Though trying to decide if that was a blessing or a curse.....
    My friend, we know much of these curses.

Thats why we carry a four leaf clover in our left sock, a rabbit's foot in out right back pocket, and the left eye of a newt in our front left pocket.

As fourth degree wizard's, alpha class, it's our duty to brave these dangers to protect the vulnerable amongst us.
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DEWIN NUTTIN View Post
    My friend, we know much of these curses.

Thats why we carry a four leaf clover in our left sock, a rabbit's foot in out right back pocket, and the left eye of a newt in our front left pocket.

As fourth degree wizard's, alpha class, it's our duty to brave these dangers to protect the vulnerable amongst us.
    Isn't that the truth!
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Hey AO - been a long time . . .

I have a series of Accounts that are already linked in Game Center on an IPad - I tried back in Feb to push that Game Center login account over to a new Android device I bought for the wifey for Valentine's Day. It worked beautifully except that the stupid device from Verizon was a PoS with low memory and couldn't keep the game running.

SO - I bought a Supercharged Galaxy Tab - logged into the exact same Google Play email account - downloaded MW - and it wouldn't load the account . . . It made me create a brand new Toon - and no matter what I do - Google play will not recognize the other linked accounts that previously appeared on my wife's device (which I wiped and returned).

In typical "No-Customer Service" Gree ticket response - they keep saying I have to get this resolved through Google Play - that they can't release the accounts from the other device - apparently that's too technical for a software company

Any thoughts on something else I could try to get these accounts combined under one Android login ?

P.S. I can still play those other accounts on my older iPad (belongs to my daughter to is a PIA to find it when she's not already on it)

Thanks Bud !
    Don't whine about a problem unless you're prepared to offer a reasonable solution.

I Buy / Sell REAL Gold and Silver everyday at www.PacificCoinExchange.com
    Great Blog: http://www.pacificcoinexchange.com/c...inancial-news/

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Yup it looks like it's the account which is a level 2. I have a few down there. I did wipe everything and after doing an update to google play got a link to download MW. Once it was installed when asked if I wanted to use my existing play account I said yes and got back all my accounts including a new alex account. Glad I didn't open the damn thing or I'd be going through this crap again.

Wonder what they screwed up this time, one interesting thing was that I had two MW apps when I first just tried to uninstall and clear MW by going through apps in android settings. One was v6.2 but other showed 0.7.

So it looks like the only way out of this is to fully wipe the device? Tried deleting app, files, cache but it's still locked up trying to log into the L2 account. I wonder if this is something to do with android going into an offline mode because I noticed pop ups the other day saying something about the app dropping into such a mode even though I was in our wifi network.

But glad the droids that are screwed up are testing devices so wiping them was no big deal. I'd think twince if it was my primary device with all my stuff on it. The only way I was able to get back to my higher level players was to do an entire system reset nuking everything and starting fresh.
    Yes that what I did nuked everything. After it gave me the option to choose Google account I picked my main. Got an extra Alex account too. Tried to switch account just said error again. So did the whole nuke thing again. And another Alex account . On my phone I'm able to play new account Alex account but not my mini I worked on over the months I been building on it. Just have to wait until someone replies to the problem.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Wtf is up with CS. Sent a canned reply to this issue. Even tho I explained everything in detail and provided screen shot. I got a reply saying if I sign out from Google and sign in again with a good internet connection that should solve the problem. Do they read the tickets we send.... it's just laughable. They should have ppl on there like hightower. Least he gets things done instead of a canned reply...

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcdoc View Post
    Hey AO - been a long time . . .

I have a series of Accounts that are already linked in Game Center on an IPad - I tried back in Feb to push that Game Center login account over to a new Android device I bought for the wifey for Valentine's Day. It worked beautifully except that the stupid device from Verizon was a PoS with low memory and couldn't keep the game running.

SO - I bought a Supercharged Galaxy Tab - logged into the exact same Google Play email account - downloaded MW - and it wouldn't load the account . . . It made me create a brand new Toon - and no matter what I do - Google play will not recognize the other linked accounts that previously appeared on my wife's device (which I wiped and returned).

In typical "No-Customer Service" Gree ticket response - they keep saying I have to get this resolved through Google Play - that they can't release the accounts from the other device - apparently that's too technical for a software company

Any thoughts on something else I could try to get these accounts combined under one Android login ?

P.S. I can still play those other accounts on my older iPad (belongs to my daughter to is a PIA to find it when she's not already on it)

Thanks Bud !
    Hey long time, Mcdoc. The trick in android is to setup the device with your original google login in order to access the previously linked players. Basically had to go through this because of this new screw up on android three times!

Now I'm guessing she isn't going to want to nuke her device so the only work around is to use the link other device option from the iPad unless it was linked to something else a while ago. Isn't it nice how flippin convoluted this is!

If it was already linked I think the best option is to load up Bluestacks and in the google play setup make sure you log in with the old play account. When MW loads up the first time it will ask if you want to use the existing account or a new one.

What you will see is a screen saying NEW DEVICE DETECTED! and the question, LINK THIS DEVICE TO EXISTING, YES OR NO.

If this didn't pop up for some reason then go through the tutorial until you hit the Manage Accounts, then Link Android Device. If you had the correct google account loaded it should show up with all your other players.

Because this is so screwed up these days I created two linked startup drives running Bluestacks on two SD cards on my MacBook Pro one for all my android and one for IOS and I still don't get a warm toasty feeling that it will help the next tine something goes south.
    Last edited by Agent Orange; 05-30-2016 at 07:19 AM. Reason: V2.0
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by levelhead View Post
    Yes that what I did nuked everything. After it gave me the option to choose Google account I picked my main. Got an extra Alex account too. Tried to switch account just said error again. So did the whole nuke thing again. And another Alex account . On my phone I'm able to play new account Alex account but not my mini I worked on over the months I been building on it. Just have to wait until someone replies to the problem.
    Yeah the account that is 'stuck' doesn't seem to fix itself. I have a feeling it got corrupted during a server push or they ran a faulty account checker and it locked a bunch of accounts.

Basically this is on gree's end and some sort of corruption of the affected accounts. So basically we are screwed until they fix the issue. This feels a lot like the lockout issues we had on IOS.
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Post Count
    Just bricked two devices by switching from one Android account to another. This appears to be connected to the current server push as linking was working prior to running it just now.
    I had the exact same thing happen earlier today. I tried to switch accounts on my Android to a very low level mini that I had not used in quite a long while. After that MW would not start up. I tried all sorts: reinstall MW, restart device, log out of game centre and then back in again, etc, etc.
    In the end I got it going again by opening the mini on my linked iOS device. It opened fine and I played it up a couple of levels. After that the Android MW opened up fine again!
    Only a fix if you have a linked iOS device I know, but may help someone.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffW View Post
    I had the exact same thing happen earlier today. I tried to switch accounts on my Android to a very low level mini that I had not used in quite a long while. After that MW would not start up. I tried all sorts: reinstall MW, restart device, log out of game centre and then back in again, etc, etc.
    In the end I got it going again by opening the mini on my linked iOS device. It opened fine and I played it up a couple of levels. After that the Android MW opened up fine again!
    Only a fix if you have a linked iOS device I know, but may help someone.
    Thank you. My mini was level 3 as soon as I got to level 5 it fixed the android log in problem