Angry Why change arena rank reward gems to seeds?

Now they've changed the arena rank reward gems to an equal amount of Blended Seeds. I don't know anybody who would need more seeds, while the gems I've got I've used for frenzies or step chests. On my main I have like 3k seeds, why would I want more of them???
    The armors you get from the Arena excluding the FBs have been useless for me for a long time. I guess I'll stop now at 16k reward to get the 20 gems...

I believe the change is only temporary, it should be fixed back soon.

I needed a break from the arena anyway. I'll come back to the arena once they fix this.

what? seeds are super useful

lol, if their interface for whoever picks arena prizes is bad, it could have just been an item number typo... (had that happen in another game: everyone getting "N" times a small prize got typo-d to "N" times a quite big prize's code/number, resulting in a 24 hour rollback for "oops, that would let everyone jump forward much more than we like" reasons...)

Non-typo reward changes: they're experimenting with raid quit a bit; did manage to get to the first shadowforged part milestone on this blitz raid. And epic boss milestone just got a huge overhaul; I wonder if that will be permanent or a short experiment to see if people will gem for 51 and 60...

edit: didn't notice that they sliced duration from 7 days to 4; I wonder if next they'll also move and shorten arena to the same 4 days per week, so people can "fully concentrate on raid/war during the weekend without distractions from epic boss and arena"...
    Last edited by Vile Lynn; 05-25-2016 at 09:35 AM.
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

Quote Originally Posted by Marco_ View Post
    edit #2: didn't notice that they sliced duration from 7 days to 4; I wonder if next they'll also move and shorten arena to the same 4 days per week, so people can "fully concentrate on raid/war during the weekend without distractions from epic boss and arena"...
    And they've increased the EB stats, Attack is twice the previous and defense 1.5 times the previous, HPs seem to have stayed the same. This I noticed from EB 25, which I exected to clear alone as I've done for a long time now.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent follower View Post
    And they've increased the EB stats, Attack is twice the previous and defense 1.5 times the previous, HPs seem to have stayed the same. This I noticed from EB 25, which I exected to clear alone as I've done for a long time now.
    Then I hope future bosses return to being 7 days, or else you might need DF to even make it to boss+ in time without gemming...

BTW, comparison of milestones up to boss+ summed:
    new (1-35):
    170k gold
    3x enchanted key
    3x DPC key
    4x ** armor (200)
    2x *** armor (180)
    2x ** fusion boost (322)
    1x **** fusion boost (1296)
    8x fusion stone
    22 energy
    15 gems
    1x ***** amulet
    1x ***** ring
    2x shadowforged material
    max EP total: 1998

old (1-43):
    20k gold
    11x enchanted key
    18x uncommon armor (180)
    35x * armor (840)
    10x ** armor (500)
    6x fusion stone
    22 energy
    3 gems
    1x *** amulet
    1x *** ring
    max EP total: 1520
    (grabbed EP values off the wiki)
    Though the assumption that you would take 7 days to get to 43 before and now get to 35 in 3 days less is rather silly...
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

Quote Originally Posted by Silent follower View Post
    Took me a bit by surprise too. I'm at lv35 now which has 3780 !!! attack, why the face GREE? Previously lv60 had like 2450 attack if I remember correctly.

Does anyone know which lv gives the third craftable armor, still 60?

Epic bosses were unchanged for a long time now and a bit more challenge is fine, but those increased stats and reduction to 4 days is a bit over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Konny View Post
    Took me a bit by surprise too. I'm at lv35 now which has 3780 !!! attack, why the face GREE? Previously lv60 had like 2450 attack if I remember correctly.

Does anyone know which lv gives the third craftable armor, still 60?

Epic bosses were unchanged for a long time now and a bit more challenge is fine, but those increased stats and reduction to 4 days is a bit over the top.
    I'm now at EB 39, and I can't yet craft my second armor, but only at 43 as before. Thus I guess 60 will give the third armor as earlier.

Lol, so they messed up the indication when you can craft the boss+?
    Sheesh, then it would probably be less costly for a newer player to get a similar stat armor from chest or war/raid rank than to get a boss+ armor. *rolleyes*

ha! yeah I saw that.. probably best to report it

I feel sorry for the new players. They have little chance against this boss.

In my honest opinion (which I'm sure Gree could care less about), they should go back to the old system and save these insane boss stats for level 60 and above. Would it really hurt Gree to move milestones up to like level 80 or 90. My alt (which is an average account with 4 total DF, not plus either) started out with 75 energy. My main account which is pretty powerful has almost caught the alt account while starting off with no energy. So basically if you have epics and epics+ you better be ready to gem pretty heavy and have an impressive friends list if your thinking about level 60.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord P View Post
    So basically if you have epics and epics+ you better be ready to gem pretty heavy and have an impressive friends list if your thinking about level 60.
    I'm all decked out in epic+ from bosses and epic from fusion/heroic mode, I have more than 10 friends with even better armor. Lv 43 now has 4304 attack. I stopped there because lv 51 will not happen until end of event. Before I could get 43 easily, 51 required some timing and 60 was possible with spending like 30+ gems to speed up the lower levels.

It's ok to require a bit of gemming for the new rewards (crafting shadowforged) but the current incarnation robs newer players of EB+ armors. GREE should make lv43 easier again and put shadowforged materials to 51 and 60 or even beyond 60.

Yeah I ended up buying one 40 gem package to finish this eb... I think I might have gotten away with not having to buy anything but I would have to set alarms during the day and be a lot more careful about my regenerated FE. 40 gems in, get 35 back from milestones... its almost even..... But yeah I have been playing for a long time, I think newer players will have a lot more trouble.