Box event burnout

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Box event burnout

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count

Box event burnout

With one hour left in the Starboard Case box event, the leader has a grand total of 25
    16 gets you in the top 25
    14 gets you in the top 150

Gree, do you think that your player base is getting sick and tired of endless box events?

Why don't you try giving us a day or 2 break between box events? It doesn't look like a lot of gems are being spent on these events anymore, give us a break. Maybe we'll miss them in a day or two, lol
    Purple Squirrel

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    WOW, top 1 only had 25 tokens...................I remember the days when top was needed over 100+ to win

Guess it is true, everyone (even the addicts) are tired of boxes

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Box events got old when they moved from 10 to 15 then 20 then 35 then back to 30 and oh I won't even speak of the one requiring 100. Don't forget only 1 hour break in between box events. They are all back to back even during wars now. The event sucks, when I log in I will open a crate with gold and forget about it after that, no more gems on this event, do not care anymore about this event. WE ARE ALL BURNED OUT ON BOXES!

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Yup - they suck

Many of my players wont even bother with gold opens they are so hated. They used to gem them them they were once or twice a cycle.

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    BOX EVENT

I alwasy have a checklist for this events before I start participating

1- how many tokens do I need............25....30..................can I get them.................10000000%......NO

2- How many units for antiquary..............8.......12...........can I get them all or most of them...............1000000%.... NOT even with gems

3- Units given when opening boxes make my army.............................................. .......................NO

4- Do I want to "open" boxes every 36 minutes to get a "sorry" 80% of the time...................................NO

Results....................Do not waste time with this event.........keep enjoying real life

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I'm a little surprised no one has commented on this, but it would be gemmers and not many of them post frequently on this forum any longer.

One of the BIGGEST REASONS you see the total number of tokens down in this type of box event (where it was ALWAYS 100+, even up to 900 tokens collected at times), is that GREE has GREATLY increased the difficulty in opening boxes (even using gem resets and gem opens) to obtain a token. They have also GREATLY increased the difficulty in opening boxes to obtain the needed Antiquary units or any decent misc units that make my army!

In the past, when using gem resets and opens, I felt pretty confident that with a couple mountains of gems I had a pretty decent chance of getting a fair number of tokens (30+) and most if not all of the antiquary units. NOW HOWEVER, for the same amount of gems I am lucky to get 10 tokens and half the antiquary items. COMBINE this situation with poor overall prizes in the box events, it's just not worth it to gem them. I can buy the units in the store to increase my stats and it's guaranteed how much I will get versus a chance in box events to miss out on the top 25/150.