Odd activity in Hardcore Boss event

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Odd activity in Hardcore Boss event

Post Count

Odd activity in Hardcore Boss event

Ok once, twice, three times and I'd say it's a coincidence but six tmes?

Opened up two players last night and scored a few hits then put game away. Opened up this morning and both had suddenly had one player bump to top spot with 20,000,000 points. Ok fine I was off overnight.

Opened up four more this morning, nobody on leaderboard. Did a couple of hits ok, now first place. Do a third hit and suddenly I have some in first with 20,000,000+ points. Hmmm this is interesting.

So open up two more, nope nobody playing here either. Cool. Do one hit each. Close, reopen and guess what I'm number two again.

Just wondering if anyone else has had similar odd occurances. None of these player names I recognize btw.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post

Opened up two players last night and scored a few hits then put game away. Opened up this morning and both had suddenly had one player bump to top spot with 20,000,000 points. Ok fine I was off overnight.

Opened up four more this morning, nobody on leaderboard. Did a couple of hits ok, now first place. Do a third hit and suddenly I have some in first with 20,000,000+ points. Hmmm this is interesting.

So open up two more, nope nobody playing here either. Cool. Do one hit each. Close, reopen and guess what I'm number two again.

Just wondering if anyone else has had similar odd occurances. None of these player names I recognize btw.

Oh yes, it's happened to EVERY one of my test accounts.
    I had to laugh.
    Remember the "bot" accounts back in the day?

The really funny thing, the trinkets are useless.
    Come on, if you want to troll the I FECTED ones, offer bigger, badder trinkets.
    Trinkets that + 5 regen, 50% alliance attack, etc...

Practice proper pimpology: Tease the JOHNS, excite the JOHNS to stimulate the purchase of the "goods".

Practice proper street pharmaceutical sales: Give the afflicted ones a sample, now and then. Always offer prospective addicts/customers a couple freebies. Once they're hooked, they'll return.
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

Well it's not hard to get 20 mill+ around about 20-30 hits mate. And with no timer could take about 5 mins or so to amass that amount. That's on someone that's got there account on max units.
    So not surprised there. Ppl wait for someone to get points then go crazy on points lol so can be a good tease sometimes lol

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I have made someone drop tons of gold coz they wanted first so much. Every time I hit they would move up 10 mill+ so I just hit everyso often and they panicked lol it's surprising what this HCB event does to some ppl lol

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by levelhead View Post
    Well it's not hard to get 20 mill+ around about 20-30 hits mate. And with no timer could take about 5 mins or so to amass that amount. That's on someone that's got there account on max units.
    So not surprised there. Ppl wait for someone to get points then go crazy on points lol so can be a good tease sometimes lol
    Oh I realize that you can do hits but not in a matter of 2-3 seconds. Also does mean that players are totally mismatched as the 4 suspect occurrences took place with my players that were in the 20-30's where they can only score about 300,000 to 400,000 at a crack so if the matching was 'working as intended' then I should have been matched up with similar level players and therefore they couldn't possibly have copped scores that high that suddenly. Literally they would have had time for no more then 1-2 hits so doing 10,000,000 per hit seems rather unlikely.

This feels more like the game having some sort of preprogrammed bot player(s) that are trying to 'herd' legit players especially given the lag and slowness and possibly still crashing so it would have been physically impossible for a real player to pull this off that fast.
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Oh I realize that you can do hits but not in a matter of 2-3 seconds. Also does mean that players are totally mismatched as the 4 suspect occurrences took place with my players that were in the 20-30's where they can only score about 300,000 to 400,000 at a crack so if the matching was 'working as intended' then I should have been matched up with similar level players and therefore they couldn't possibly have copped scores that high that suddenly. Literally they would have had time for no more then 1-2 hits so doing 10,000,000 per hit seems rather unlikely.

This feels more like the game having some sort of preprogrammed bot player(s) that are trying to 'herd' legit players especially given the lag and slowness and possibly still crashing so it would have been physically impossible for a real player to pull this off that fast.
    YOU GOT ALEX-ED

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Why don't they add the chat option to HCB?
    Have fun, it's only a game

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Big John View Post
    Why don't they add the chat option to HCB?

You mean the CHAT option that doesn't work in FL, mate? LMFAO

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

Come to think of that you might be onto something there. I have been messing around doing some tests myself on that theory. How can someone over take you when you have maxed units your in front by about 8 mill and hitting every time for the last 30 secs but they still beat you. And you don't get a result screen of the final score so never know who got what etc Etc. And yes I was getting more points then them over the last 2 mins.

Banned
    Post Count
    Gree is putting out fake accounts to lead players along. Especially if it is happening to both of your accounts.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by WBS View Post
    Gree is putting out fake accounts to lead players along. Especially if it is happening to both of your accounts.
    Currently happening to ALL of my accounts.
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Development Team
    Post Count
    @WBS: You caught us! We created those accounts to boost your points on day 1...for evil.

Actually the mystery has been solved and you'll be surprised to know it's not an evil scheme. MW was featured on Android, recently, and we saw a spike of a considerable amount of new players. Many of them were "match-made" while still in the tutorial state (below level 5). Future Hardcore Bosses should be ignoring any player under level 5. There will also be some better matchmaking for Day 1, because some players are being matched against non-participants, while others are matched against top-scorers. This isn't exactly fair, so we think it's necessary and will improve the overall experience.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by [PM] President Hightower View Post
    @WBS: You caught us! We created those accounts to boost your points on day 1...for evil.

WOW, so you publicly admitted on your own forum to MANIPULATING gameplay.

Isn't that against BOTH Google's and Apple's ToS?

On another note, isn't it time to offer better trinkets for rewards or achievements?

Why not ask the community what types of rewards they'd prefer to receive?

Why not offer three choices allowing the player to choose the poison preferred?
    Last edited by DEWIN NUTTIN; 05-10-2016 at 09:58 PM.

"

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by [PM] President Hightower View Post

Actually the mystery has been solved and you'll be surprised to know it's not an evil scheme. MW was featured on Android, recently, and we saw a spike of a considerable amount of new players. Many of them were "match-made" while still in the tutorial state (below level 5). Future Hardcore Bosses should be ignoring any player under level 5. There will also be some better matchmaking for Day 1, because some players are being matched against non-participants, while others are matched against top-scorers. This isn't exactly fair, so we think it's necessary and will improve the overall experience.
    Thanks for the update hightower I knew there was something not right and that could be it. Looking at some of the tests I did yesterday it figures that low level accounts are mis-matched.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Did anyone else notice that the hardcore units were indestructible the other day , now they are "medium"??