Science Behind The Inferno

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Science Behind The Inferno

Post Count

Science Behind The Inferno

This new Street Assault feature "Inferno" that has recently rolled out can be very useful, if a team knows how to use it. I have put together a little walk-through as to what it is exactly and how everything is factored in.

First off, what is inferno? Street Assault inferno is this little fiery aura around the SA icon. It lasts for an hour and occurs every 6 hours. The start times are as follows:

9:30 am EST
    3:30 pm
    9:30 pm
    3:30 am

Now- when should you declare? If you declare before the start time of 9:30, you will not get an inferno match. You have to declare within the given time frame in order for an inferno match to occur.

What exactly is this "inferno"? The inferno is an added bonus of 10% at the end of a match. That's it. Whatever points you put up during an inferno match, you will receive a 10% bump in points.

So that's the easy part.. but what about those other numbers on the second points screen? There are multiple factors that play into a battle's final points at the end of a match, inferno is only one of them. Except these other factors now apply to all battles, regardless of inferno.

The first factor: Your final rank in a single battle. The bonuses you will receive are:

1st place = 7% bonus
    2nd place = 3% bonus
    3rd place = No bonus

The second factor: The number of nodes won in a single battle. The bonuses of which being:

7 nodes = 15% bonus
    6 nodes = 10%
    5 nodes = 5%
    4 nodes = 2%
    3 nodes = 2%
    2 nodes = 1%
    1 nodes = 1%
    0 nodes = No bonus

There will only ever be 7 nodes in a single battle from now on- 5 normal nodes and 2 skirmishes. Skirmishes last from anywhere between 5 and 8 minutes- the time in which they're open and the times at which they appear still seem to be pretty random.

Now, knowing this, you can try and do the math to check to see if the bonuses actually add up, but you won't get the exact number that you jumped up on the leaderboard. There's one simple reason to this: lag. GREE servers don't take into account some of the points you put up at the end of the battle, so if you decide to blitz the last minute- it won't show your total points.

To get the total number of points you made in a battle, take the total points from the first screenshot and multiply it by the multipliers on the second screenshot, and you will get your total points.

Winning Hotspots:

Do you know how, when a hotspot pops up, it says that the minimum # of points to win the hotspot is either 150k or 450k? Do you actually need to put up these amount of points to win the hotspot for bonus at end? The answer to that question is... NO!

Some people would have also noticed that if two teams are fighting for the hotspot, and there is a clear winner, yet both teams get the pop-up saying "they won the hotspot" and they get the chopper reward for it. That's because if you put the minimum number of points it says on the hotspot, regardless if that node is your color at the end or not, you will still get the chopper reward.

But whatever color that node is at the end, is getting the bonus % for it at the end, even if you win it with 1 deploy. The minimum # is only for the chopper reward (so completely useless).

I will update as I discover new things having to do with this new inferno, but this is pretty much the run-down of what I could gather so far. What you and your team do with this information: is up to you.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Evan1000; 04-30-2016 at 11:46 AM.
    Double Negative is always recruiting. T10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FoTYwwlIQ
    Line id: evan1000

Post Count
    This... is actually somewhat useful. Could you please throw in some rants about how the prizes aren't good enough for continuity's sake?
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    This... is actually somewhat useful. Could you please throw in some rants about how the prizes aren't good enough for continuity's sake?
    Lmao, well, I love how GREE added more prizes to the T10, but lowered the prizes for everyone else. Make the T10's push more but everyone else push less?

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan1000 View Post
    Lmao, well, I love how GREE added more prizes to the T10, but lowered the prizes for everyone else. Make the T10's push more but everyone else push less?
    It's almost like they don't care what a top 600 team spends.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by montecore View Post
    It's almost like they don't care what a top 600 team spends.
    They were lowered from T15 all the way down.

I'm assuming it's because the T20 has had enough defense mods (my defense is now ahead of my attack by a good 20b), but the top top players still have a tril gap between their attack and defense..... so instead of lowering prizes, maybe.. just maybe, offer defense mods to the T10 and attack mods for everyone else.

"None of your business" -and that's a quote.
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Glad you're on my team Evan. LOL
    "When the going gets weird
    The Weird turn pro."
    -- Hunter S Thompson, True American

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Good Summary!! Thank you!
    Proud leader of V.A.S.T. (503-368-715) and member of G.A.P.P.S. (https://www.facebook.com/GAPPStm)

V.A.S.T. gaming family, with a presence in Eve, World of Tanks, Clash of Clans, Minecraft, and many other multi-player games.

Post Count
    Updated with section about winning hotspots

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Red BD View Post
    Glad you're on my team Evan. LOL
    Glad you joined, you kick ass