constantly crashing and locking up

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: constantly crashing and locking up

Articulate Author
    Post Count

constantly crashing and locking up

sure this issue has been discussed before I don't think I have ever seen this exact question I asked, have you ever seen an app with so many bugs glitches and general problems? I'm not flaming or trolling, it's a legitimate question. Does anybody who is a dev have any idea why they can't seem to just get it together? As someone who knows basically nothing about programming it seems like it should be simple once they have the general formula in place to run a particular event, any ideas why this simply is not the case?
    Quote Originally Posted by GREE Official Updates View Post
    Attention Crime Lords!

More details to come on how Accomplices will be used to enhance your Mafia. [/I][/I]

Post Count
    its had six years worth of patches, add-Ons, and other barnacles. It's probably one of the oldest continuously running app games out there. They could easily improve it by starting over clean with a new app, but obviously that would piss off a lot of people.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    They could easily improve it by starting over clean with a new app, but obviously that would piss off a lot of people.
    granted, I get that. But does there come a point where the parent company says look this app is so bug-ridden and generally becoming hated that it is affecting the overall image of our company?

Somewhere along the way they have to say that is bad for business to continue running an app that is such a problem for a huge amount of users. After my experiences with Gree I would never ever ever ever ever install another app put out by that company. I'm sure there's a huge number of Crime City users that feel the same way, I don't know if the other apps that they run have so many problems because like I said, I would never ever touch anything related to the Gree name with a ten-foot pole.

Does integrity ever enter the thought process? I know they could care less about the individual user, that has been proven time and again. But at some point the image of integrity has to come into consideration
    Quote Originally Posted by GREE Official Updates View Post
    Attention Crime Lords!

More details to come on how Accomplices will be used to enhance your Mafia. [/I][/I]

Post Count
    No, I highly doubt "integrity" enters the thought process. Has Gree ever developed something new and innovative on its own? I don't pay much attention, but I thought its market strategy was to buy existing games or copy what was already being done. It's only here to milk whatever players are still interested in playing, nothing more.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by cc thunder View Post
    granted, I get that. But does there come a point where the parent company says look this app is so bug-ridden and generally becoming hated that it is affecting the overall image of our company?

Somewhere along the way they have to say that is bad for business to continue running an app that is such a problem for a huge amount of users. After my experiences with Gree I would never ever ever ever ever install another app put out by that company. I'm sure there's a huge number of Crime City users that feel the same way, I don't know if the other apps that they run have so many problems because like I said, I would never ever touch anything related to the Gree name with a ten-foot pole.

Does integrity ever enter the thought process? I know they could care less about the individual user, that has been proven time and again. But at some point the image of integrity has to come into consideration
    Until this app starts costing more than it makes, gree is just fine with how it is.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Honestly, do you blame them? As broken and dysfunctional as this game is, if the players in the top syndicates continue, day after day, to purchase gold to dump into collecting nothing more than pixels, with the game as-is, then why would they exert themselves to do anything more than shoehorn more and more into this rotting carcas?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by cc thunder View Post
    sure this issue has been discussed before I don't think I have ever seen this exact question I asked, have you ever seen an app with so many bugs glitches and general problems? I'm not flaming or trolling, it's a legitimate question. Does anybody who is a dev have any idea why they can't seem to just get it together? As someone who knows basically nothing about programming it seems like it should be simple once they have the general formula in place to run a particular event, any ideas why this simply is not the case?
    What device do you use to play CC?
    Line ID: clementine88

Post Count
    I have to say that since the last update, SA has worked without a glitch including inferno. I play other games from other companies that also have issues with crashing and glitches although the compensation from these companies is way better than gree's normal generic response from a ticket.
    Right now is probably the best CC has ever been as a game. Discounting the fact that RB sucks as does the lack of PVP but as a crash free game it's pretty good 'for Gree'