Threaded View

Just dipping my toes back in....

Hi
    It's been a while but I dipped my toe back into the game.

There has been a few changes to the game.
    I am not in a position to say if this is good or bad.
    The extended research tree looks ok.
    There seems to be lots of new stuff.
    But it seems the diminishing world populations seem to be the biggest problem still.

1. Change the map, this bulls eye map system seems self defeating to the game, a more random map would seem to offer a chance of a better game.
    A. spread players all over the map but give them the chance to move home base if they enter a new alliance.
    B. Alliance zones these can form when any 2 players from the same alliances have bases/outposts in the same area say a max number of zones apart.
    C. The greater number of players in the zone the bigger the zone gets.
    D. Offer defensive bonuses to players in the zones offer auto defence options players can offer up a pool of units for group defence and a pool of commanders the game can auto move these units to defend from capture attacks.
    E. Resouces should be randomly spread around the map including rare resources but these can still deplete as normal.
    F. Alliance zones offer a buffer from teleports they offer a 5 min travel time this can be do by just a base increase in travel time not based on travel distance so no restriction on teleport locations but just on travel times, maybe the bigger the alliance zone the bigger the travel time restriction so to stop bully's going into feeding frenzies in these zones. A big zone is a big lunch to big players.
    G. Possibility of shared buffs in the alliance zones. Maybe an extended capture time, stackable boosts the more alliance members in the group the greater the advantages. If enamy build or capture a base in a zone it weakens the zone the bigger the zone the harder it is to maintain If one rouge base held by a enamy weakens the full zone but this could be by distance so bases at the edge are allways the weakest.
    H. The list is endless other players can suggest there own.

Player movement.
    If the world maps changes and resources were more random and all bases, Are supers then any base can become a players home base then it's a players last base that is their home base.
    So I want to fill the whole map with supers like the outer edge is. The game locks out the same number for players as now. But the rest are up from grabs by enacting alliance zones system players will naturally group up, Within this system. This will then lead to alliance wars as players group up they make them selves richer targets from possible reward systems run a bit like league rewards in clash of clans strong alliances give higher rewards to attackers and in events rewards for stronger alliances against weaker alliances is again a good balance this only effects events not game play.
    I can see a vast amount of new events that could be run with this new system.

Then let players move worlds lock stock, let entire alliances move worlds this is not a clone just a move. They get base upgrades to the level they had in their old worlds if a player moves from an old world where they only had small bases they they just get that number of zones upgrade.
    So a player with 11 supers gets 11 bases (which are now all supers) but at the same upgrade state.

New forms of attack.
    I see tactical attacks being fun.
    Normal attacks.
    These have random effects,
    1. You steal resources as now.
    2. You steal plus you downgrade the building level, this can happen even after its destroyed you no longer get resources from attacking it but you keep down grading it.
    2A. If a level 14 building was hit 14 times it can reduce a building to rubble, Where it produces nothing. After each hit the building produces half the resources as normal but only at its reduced level after each attack.
    2B. Even fully destroyed buildings can be rebuilt as they were but, rebuild times are 10% duration for each level until it's fully rebuilt to the last upgrade level but it rebuilds to the same level it was even if total destroyed. The resources it produces also ramp up as in rebuilds if it's attacked again during the rebuild it stops the rebuild then follow up attacks start the down grade again, from the point it reached. ( you may need to relax to rules on the number of rebuilds that can be done at once.)or offer a pause button so they can rebuild lots of building basicly fast but they only get the resources of the level it's rebuilt too.

I would like to see fuel play a greater and lesser roll in the game.
    Greater as in players units can be disabled by lack of fuel tactically.
    This could be done with a supply chain system that works in a fully auto way we have now but, that can be disrupted By attacks or captures.
    I am not fully sure how and others can comment how this may work.

Lesser as in the destroying of units we have now.
    I would like to see disabling of units at random this can be durring attacks and defensive battles, but I see the biggest effect being in attacks if a player attacks in fuel shortage a random % of units don't fight and are at higher risk of being destroyed.
    This then can make attacking that destroyed fuel production very tactical.
    I would like to see a sliding % coming into play
    100% of unit work if your in plus fuel and you have some in storage.
    Now if production drops below demand then % effects come into play the higher the negative your in the bigger the effect up to 25% if you go into negative with storage. then the % increases past 25% if you have no storage left and are in negative, maybe by as much as the % you are negative by.....
    So your producing 50k but you need 200k fuel you lose up to 75%( it's random) active units in attacks and defences.
    This could also be a addition to alliance zones a reduction in fuel shortages effects. When I say disabled I don't mean destroyed they just don't fight in the battle is don't shoot their weapons. But they are still cannon fodder with the rest of the units in your army, and can be destroyed in battle as normal.

Donated units and fuel I see them like this if the defender is in negative other players units for the first attack are uneffected by fuel but any follow up attacks then start to effect them with fuel problems as resupply is down to the defender but say a Max of 25% get effected.

You could also add a new tactical resources produced by factories, it could be added ammunition, it could have effects as fuel have above...

I will stop there lol.., later DD.
    Last edited by Drifting death; 03-27-2016 at 03:59 AM.