Missed haste quest because I'm in a different time zone - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Missed haste quest because I'm in a different time zone

Lurker
    Post Count
    Totally agree. This is unfair to all Asian and European players. Quest used to start at 23:00 for Europe, 22:00 UK time. Why was that ever changed? They still end at 23:00 european time so why can't they start at that time again?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Don't forget that if one misses the beginner haste quest, they miss out on the wrapper as well. I don't even bother trying to finish heroic since I can't get the haste wrapper anyway. I would of definitely spend some gems to finish heroic because it's only like 12k total energy. But now I won't spend a dime cuz I can't get the haste wrapper.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    the haste wrapper stands on its own,it is not linked to the other haste goals

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryosaeba View Post
    Don't forget that if one misses the beginner haste quest, they miss out on the wrapper as well. I don't even bother trying to finish heroic since I can't get the haste wrapper anyway. I would of definitely spend some gems to finish heroic because it's only like 12k total energy. But now I won't spend a dime cuz I can't get the haste wrapper.
    The way I see it you can still get haste wrapper with out having got all the haste rewards along the way. You just have to finish all 3 segments in the allotted time.
    I really enjoy the new format of the energy quests. They are hard but attainable with nice boosts along the way. I have solidarity with my European brothers and sisters though. The start time needs to change. Not sure there is a great time that works for everyone. The suggestion about starting haste from the first hit sure sounds good. War starts at the same time which is also a drag. We start off at half strength. Moving back to the old start time would be great.

Post Count
    Half of my guild missed haste because they are Eu time zone.
    Gree make events for all players equal and fair
    [FK] TITAN

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Gendur View Post
    the haste wrapper stands on its own,it is not linked to the other haste goals
    Hmm.. I didn't know that. Leave it to Gree to not explain anything to us.

Ok how about this, I understand that the haste prize adds hours as you go. For example, 1/4 is the first 4 hours, 2/4 is 6 hours, etc. and they all start at the same time. So let's say I missed the 1/4, Gree should still let us make 2/4, 3/4, and 4/4 instead of closing the whole quest completely. That would also solve this time zone problem.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryosaeba View Post
    Hmm.. I didn't know that. Leave it to Gree to not explain anything to us.

Ok how about this, I understand that the haste prize adds hours as you go. For example, 1/4 is the first 4 hours, 2/4 is 6 hours, etc. and they all start at the same time. So let's say I missed the 1/4, Gree should still let us make 2/4, 3/4, and 4/4 instead of closing the whole quest completely. That would also solve this time zone problem.
    If you miss the first Beginners haste, you can't get any beginners haste prizes? I didn't know that, that really sucks because the first one that needs to be finished in 4 hours wasn't very good anyway. The second, fourth and fifth prizes were good. Especially since the 5/5 changed into an Alliance Attack boost. You had 12 hours for that one.
    Purple Squirrel

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnsolberg View Post
    If you miss the first Beginners haste, you can't get any beginners haste prizes?
    Yup. When I woke up, which was about 5 hours after quest started, the beginner haste quest was gone.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    The problem with Ryosaeba's idea is that it would undoubtedly be implemented by making the steps independent- so instead of "merely" 26 active individual quests, you'd add 12 or so more. It's already very unpleasant to try to find the beginner quest chain in the current long list- adding half again to it just seems silly.

Although I have sympathy for peoples' time zone issue, unless you're spending gems and starting these things with full energy, everyone ends up with an inconvenient deadline. Mine come at 5AM. I can get started fine, push most of the haste deadlines 12 hours out, but I have to set an alarm to wake up if I want to progress more. Yes, i will have gotten a couple of units beforehand that wouldn't be available to differently-situated players, but it's not like a free US player isn't impacted by the haste requirements.

Post Count
    And again, completely missed the beginners and normal haste event. Gree, stop doong this.
    One of my guildies (near burnout) said if this happens once more he'll sell his kingdom and retire. Dont cut on your EU and Asian playerbase

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Hey IPassButter, this has been going on a long time with no answer from you.

Please give us an answer on this very important issue
    Last edited by Jnsolberg; 04-04-2016 at 03:08 AM.
    Purple Squirrel

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnsolberg View Post
    Hey IPassButter, this has been going on a long time with no answer from you.

Please give us an answer on this very important issue
    Hello IPassButter, do you have an answer for us?
    You are getting many of your paying customers angry
    Purple Squirrel

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    They've been getting many of their pay customers angry for quite some time. What is the pay customers response? Just spend more.
    Lol

Live Operations Robot IPassButter's Avatar
    Post Count
    We will be making changes to the structure of haste goals to make them much less aggressive starting with the LTQ event this weekend.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by IPassButter View Post
    We will be making changes to the structure of haste goals to make them much less aggressive starting with the LTQ event this weekend.
    Basically the new changes eliminates, new players building up their stats, taking away beginners haste was not the answer. You need to build the player base, not dismantle it.