DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Max Building Upgrades

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count

Max Building Upgrades

Gree,

It's great that you are offering a unit for gems to increase the maximum number of buildings you can upgrade by 1. However, this really alienates the new players, free players, and newer accounts. With the the high costs of equipment, units, and limited time buildings more than 1 building at a time upgrading is a must. It is nearly impossible to play this game without the ability to grow your economy quicker. Please come up with a way to give those that need additional upgrades the opportunity to get it without real money. I don't mind working for it as long as it is attainable.

Post Count
    What's wrong with paying a few bucks for a unit that might be very usefull? The game is free, you don't have to pay for it. When you want to play a console game, you'll have to pay A LOT for the game and the online service etc. So if you like the free game, spend a few bucks to make sure Gree employees have some food at the end of the month.

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    The problem is new players are already so far behind that the game can quickly frustrate them. This gives them a chance to catch up a little quicker. With all of the retiring players, new players need to come in to replenish the player base.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Fromm is exactly right. No new player is going to stick around once they realize that they are hopelessly behind and the only way to catch up is to dump gobs of money into this game. They will move on to another game that is much more fair to beginners.

I'd love to see stats on how many accounts get abandoned before level 100. I bet it is staggering.
    NO MORE 6 DAY WARS!!!

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Gree, how about you update that stupid tutorial when you first start the game. Make something that is more relevant to the game today, and as a reward for finishing give new players some free +Upgrade bonuses and some health and energy bonuses. Make the game somewhat playable for new customers before asking them shell out tons of money.
    NO MORE 6 DAY WARS!!!

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by E-I View Post
    Gree, how about you update that stupid tutorial when you first start the game. Make something that is more relevant to the game today, and as a reward for finishing give new players some free +Upgrade bonuses and some health and energy bonuses. Make the game somewhat playable for new customers before asking them shell out tons of money.

Agreed! This is a great idea
    Purple Squirrel

Post Count
    Years ago i started playing Crime City, because it was in the app store top list. During that game you could win special equipment for installing and playing KA. So i started playing KA.

But how do new players get to this game now? It's nowhere in any top list in the App store, nor any advertising..?! So i really wonder how many NEW players really start from scratch these days (and not the mini accounts)

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by E-I View Post
    They do offer packages for new players at a limited cost. I bought all 4 with my 7th account and it provided units, 50 something on health and energy packs and such. The problem is, new players need to be able to build money. This means at a minimum Gree needs to offer 2 building upgrades in the store at all times to allow 3 buildings to be moving and growing. They also need to offer the gingerbread houses in the store. Gree this should not be a temporary store item but permanent. You will see newer players staying around and with a chance to increase their income to buy units, weapons, buildings etc. please do consider this. 3 of my accounts have been stuck on 2 max upgrades for over a year so your recent quest of a 3 building upgrade to level 15 was impossible for me to complete, because I could only upgrade one building that was not part of a quest and the other one upgrading was your newest buildings part of a quest.