DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: iOS game crashing thread - Hightower please read

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby_Bear View Post
    How about an actual DEV play the game outside the controlled space of the lab for two seconds and bam you will fill our pain that we have been SHOUTINGS for months!
    COme now. We can't have devs doing things that actually make sense. Can you imagine what would happen if things weren't constantly broken?
    If you have a gambling problem (ie. spend money on GREE games), call 1 - 800 - GAMBLER

Consistent Contributor Bambamgunz's Avatar
    Post Count
    My 4s's crash much less since update but have 1 member with 6 now has issues 4s's had.
    file:///C:/Users/User/Desktop/Events/VFF/TEMPORARY/1500x1125.jpeg.6563dcd23c12442da2c4b244f5ad1d87.jp  g

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby_Bear View Post
    How about an actual DEV play the game outside the controlled space of the lab for two seconds and bam you will fill our pain that we have been SHOUTINGS for months!
    I agree How about Devs try and play on different devices and see how long till they wanna delete and quit !!

I will do my part and do this but Since employee cuts this part has failed misserably.

We are currently investigating crash issues for both Android and iOS. None of these issues are instant-fixes so after investigation a short amount of time will have to be spent fixing said issue. The best thing you can do to help speed up the process please submit a detailed ticket for each type of crash with at least the following info:
    1. Where / When the crash occurred.
    2. What steps lead you to the crash.
    3. What device you are using.
    4. What version of iOS or Android you are using.
    5. Screenshot, if possible.

The more tickets (from individual users) we get regarding a specific issue, the higher priority that issue becomes.

Thanks for your help.

Since ios mw update!
    Oh building walls spinner goes around once and action done,most actions spinner goes on and on.
    Last edited by Bambamgunz; 03-24-2016 at 03:16 PM.
    file:///C:/Users/User/Desktop/Events/VFF/TEMPORARY/1500x1125.jpeg.6563dcd23c12442da2c4b244f5ad1d87.jp  g

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by [PM] President Hightower View Post
    We are currently investigating crash issues for both Android and iOS. None of these issues are instant-fixes so after investigation a short amount of time will have to be spent fixing said issue. The best thing you can do to help speed up the process please submit a detailed ticket for each type of crash with at least the following info:
    1. Where / When the crash occurred.
    2. What steps lead you to the crash.
    3. What device you are using.
    4. What version of iOS or Android you are using.
    5. Screenshot, if possible.

The more tickets (from individual users) we get regarding a specific issue, the higher priority that issue becomes.

Thanks for your help.
    Hightower, I appreciate you taking the time to respond however I provided a relatively complete summary of what occurs. On average, across all seven days of the week I am opening the game 30 times a day to do something. 29 out of 30 times the game is crashing. If your expectation is that I document each crash that won't happen. This isn't a new issue. As has been said by others this has been talked about in multiple threads already. I posted here because of what you said in the hardcore boss thread and now you're telling us to log tickets. So which is it? Also, how are we supposed to screen shot lag and crashes? By its nature any screenshot of the game would be considered lag and I can't document a crash. If you would like I can screen shot the home page of my phone as that would show the same thing that happens when a crash occurs. Also, It's understood things take time but this started out of no where and has been happening for long enough to be apparent on your side in terms of the cause. Search the forum for the first time the string iOS and crash were used in 2016, look at your implementation memos for that week and isolate the push to production that is responsible and debug it.

I really appreciate your efforts lately, what you have said and done has shown your effort which to me appears to be more than your predecessors have ever done, but at a certain point definitive action needs to be taken and we are passed that point.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Edbl79 View Post
    Hightower, I appreciate you taking the time to respond however I provided a relatively complete summary of what occurs. On average, across all seven days of the week I am opening the game 30 times a day to do something. 29 out of 30 times the game is crashing. If your expectation is that I document each crash that won't happen. This isn't a new issue. As has been said by others this has been talked about in multiple threads already. I posted here because of what you said in the hardcore boss thread and now you're telling us to log tickets. So which is it? Also, how are we supposed to screen shot lag and crashes? By its nature any screenshot of the game would be considered lag and I can't document a crash. If you would like I can screen shot the home page of my phone as that would show the same thing that happens when a crash occurs. Also, It's understood things take time but this started out of no where and has been happening for long enough to be apparent on your side in terms of the cause. Search the forum for the first time the string iOS and crash were used in 2016, look at your implementation memos for that week and isolate the push to production that is responsible and debug it.

I really appreciate your efforts lately, what you have said and done has shown your effort which to me appears to be more than your predecessors have ever done, but at a certain point definitive action needs to be taken and we are passed that point.

I like this part right here

Development Team
    Post Count
    @Edbl79:

I really appreciate your thorough original post, however any issue found in the game receives a priority. Priority is generally rated by severity and exposure. If a single player claims that there is a crash in an LTQ, that bug will be investigated, but will have a low priority over, say, a bug that affects many players in Frontline. The best way to know how many it affects is to check submitted tickets. With enough tickets claiming the issue, I can make a case for prioritizing this bug over smaller ones. That is why w ask that you write in. Also it's easier to narrow down the issue with more people experiencing it.

And here is the biggest reason that tickets matter: We can pull your player ID, device type ID, and loads of other information we can't get from the forums. Many bugs do not have a 100% crash reproduction rate, even though we test on many different devices. Having all your information will allow us to look into your account logs and find the issue much, much faster.

We at GREE want to provide the best game experience we can and part of that is proper prioritization of bugs / issues that players care about.
    Last edited by [PM] President Hightower; 03-24-2016 at 07:01 PM.

Post Count
    @Edbl79:

I really appreciate your thorough original post, however any issue found in the game receives a priority. Priority is generally rated by severity and exposure. If a single player claims that there is a crash in an LTQ, that bug will be investigated, but will have a low priority over, say, a bug that affects many players in Frontline. The best way to know how many it affects is to check submitted tickets. With enough tickets claiming the issue, I can make a case for prioritizing this bug over smaller ones. That is why w ask that you write in. Also it's easier to narrow down the issue with more people experiencing it.

And here is the biggest reason that tickets matter: We can pull your player ID, device type ID, and loads of other information we can't get from the forums. Many bugs do not have a 100% crash reproduction rate, even though we test on many different devices. Having all your information will allow us to look into your account logs and find the issue much, much faster.

We at GREE want to provide the best game experience we can and part of that is proper prioritization of bugs / issues that players care about.
    Posting this and list of what needed to help you to over 200 Faction Leaders and ppl as i can. So get ready the tickets gonna start pouring in..
    Last edited by Bambamgunz; 03-24-2016 at 07:57 PM.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    @Edbl79:

Hightower, thank you again for responding. I'm not sure if BamBam and I are in the same GM room but I have already seen your reply to me posted outside of this forum so I can only hope that my fellow players greet your message with a sense of optimism and take action to help improve the situation. However I feel it necessary to caveat any potential for player action on this issue by stating what I think is obvious. This forum was once a much more active place. The game was once much more competitive than it is currently. As someone who has played since December 2011 the reason for any decline in forum activity and in-game competition has been a direct result of false promises and continued development defects. Players have been locked out for months, dealt with "ghost" npcs and now constant crashes to name just a few of the problems over the last several years that I believe we have no other choice to be sceptic of any real change being effected. Players whether gold users or free have mostly stuck with this, in my opinion, due to relationships developed by playing the game. It is unique, at least in my mobile gaming experience, in that a significant social community has developed through the use of several mobile chat apps. Line, Kakao, Group Me, Palringo have all served as a means for players to interact on a large scale outside of the game itself both with members of our factions and people across the entire player base. If not for this social structure the game would be likely to have ceased long ago. We are constantly sharing information with each other on the game, helping each other find enjoyment in areas where we are otherwise let down by Gree. The constant flaws are discussed and remarked on on a daily basis and when we see a lack of any real improvement a very real complacency sets in as we have rightfully realized that if not for each other there would be no point in playing. We have submitted the tickets you speak of receiving 5 health packs or 10 refills of energy for our troubles but in the days, weeks and months that follow we see very little resolution. Service for many of us is slow to act and often unhelpful as generic responses have become the norm, replying with false promises of escalation stating that our feedback has been passed on. If any of what they say were the reality you wouldn't be asking us to send tickets now. As I said I can only hope that your words in reply to my post are met with optimism and a shift can occur if action now on the part of the players results in REAL improvement but we've heard it all before so forgive me but I won't be surprised if we are let down again.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply and I hope that all sides will do what it takes to make resolution a reality. I will do my part and submit requests as you have directed for each of the different problems I experience.

One final word, please prepare your service group and ask that they do not reply with any resolution that indicates the issue submitted is the fault of the player for the game version they are running or OS of their device. Doing so will result in any traction gained being halted because the first person to get that kind of response will be sure to share it with the community and likely put an end to any push on our part.

Post Count
    Hightower appreciate response and agree with most of your request for what a player was doing but still trying to reconcile with after the game has ' rasher' a screenshot of my phone screen would be if any use??
    mine usually crashes doing LTq you tap 10 times trying to actually hit a target not all the invisable NPcs (btw thanks for getting rid of those that must never be spoken of) then game sits there with spinner an crashes
    485046391 & 565411567

Development Team
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheldor Sir View Post
    Hightower appreciate response and agree with most of your request for what a player was doing but still trying to reconcile with after the game has ' rasher' a screenshot of my phone screen would be if any use??
    mine usually crashes doing LTq you tap 10 times trying to actually hit a target not all the invisable NPcs (btw thanks for getting rid of those that must never be spoken of) then game sits there with spinner an crashes
    No use. I mentioned that. Submitting a ticket will give us your logs so we can see what exactly happened...or something like "exactly".

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Just wanna make sure I'm getting this...... Countless threads spelling out major game issues with lags, crashes, massive memory leaks, ghost npcs, and overall stability of the game for months does not exist because not enough priority tickets have been submitted to customer service that we all have confidence in to not only document and pass along what the actual issues are but to actually do something about it? We have the means here to tell an actual Gree "DEV" in Hightower serious and real issues with basic functionality so that he/she can walk over to joe DEV and state " yo, the game is seriously jacked, ya may wanna look at what their saying"!

Your right Hightower, lets band together and send in tickets, sounds efficient!

Can't wait for your next attention battle commanders post, very helpful......if I could actually perform the tasks without my mother....g Game crashing

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Somebody is frazzled.

Guess GREE wasn't quite the best employment choice.
    If you have a gambling problem (ie. spend money on GREE games), call 1 - 800 - GAMBLER

Development Team
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by J-manKometh96 View Post
    Somebody is frazzled.

Guess GREE wasn't quite the best employment choice.
    Frazzled? Not sure I understand you. I'm simply saying we appreciate the tickets coming in, as it helps us make a case for the issues YOU care about.

Post Count
    Frazzled? Not sure I understand you. I'm simply saying we appreciate the tickets coming in, as it helps us make a case for the issues YOU care about.
    It just you add more events and changes and i know you have a boss to answer to but as unstable as game is it just worse when you add things and even more issues,,I still crash,,i stopped doing ILTQ,Crates cause just don't have time,and i put avg 18 hours on game daily..

Actually i wanna say i have been impressed with what has been fixed in a short time since you stepped up Hightower!
    Be patient with us as has been awhile since someone from Gree has actually been availiable since employee cuts!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambamgunz View Post
    It just you add more events and changes and i know you have a boss to answer to but as unstable as game is it just worse when you add things and even more issues,,I still crash,,i stopped doing ILTQ,Crates cause just don't have time,and i put avg 18 hours on game daily..

Actually i wanna say i have been impressed with what has been fixed in a short time since you stepped up Hightower!
    Be patient with us as has been awhile since someone from Gree has actually been availiable since employee cuts!
    Well said, I really want to see improvements moving forward as well. I guess the big issue that most of us have is the lack of credibility gree has successfully instilled in it's customer base whwther it is the lack of communications to the percieved lack of response to tickets sent in.

I would add that the current approach though commendable is really just a band-aid fix and is not addressing the real underlying issue which is that the app cannot function with all the overhead placed on it! As long as this issue is sidestepped the app will continue to be crash prone and drive away customers.

That last event was pretty decent, sadly needed to be tested a lot more before being released but was actually fun to a degree which is something that has been missing.

But based on what I am finding over multiple players and devices the issues are absolutely rooted in bloat. I notice that once that boss event ended my iPad is ever sp slightly less crash prone and more so with newer more basic accounts so again I feel that crashes are tied to age/size of a players account. In other words the more data eg buildings/units/boosts a player has the more unstable the app becomes.

Another interesting issue is the serious increase in bandwidth usage and increased battery consumption. Now this issue feels like it is tied to a resolution of the session timeouts we were seeing lately which seem to have improved. I don't get that error when switching linked accounts but that went away when battery usage increased. My guess, this is the work around to timeouts vs airplane mode exploiters. Ok I can get that but I find I have to keep my phone teathered to a USB plug when playing as I only get about 1.5 to 2 hours of run time otherwise. It was no where near this bad a year ago. This is also born out at night, I can't leave the app running as it constantly is sending alerts and forget about turning on sounds which are beyond annoying because they would run all night.

More then anything else, product testing before release is an epic failure. You can't expect your customers to be the beta testers or in our case suckers.....

This app has always shown great promise but until gree tackles the core issues it will continue to be the app that could have been. If the issue is corporate culture which I have seen/delt with in the past and it goes up into higher management which I suspect is where the real issues are then you guys are right and truly screwed and I feel sorry for the guys down in the trenches that get crap from both sides. But until the greeniuse(s) that think this is acceptable in the company are marched out the door you guys are doomed.
    Last edited by Vile Lynn; 04-13-2016 at 06:31 PM. Reason: l*a*n*g*u*a*g*e
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13