iOS game crashing thread - Hightower please read

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: iOS game crashing thread - Hightower please read

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

iOS game crashing thread - Hightower please read

Hightower, in the hardcore boss thread you said you needed feedback on the iOS problems. I have the iPhone 5s and 6plus. I am running iOS 9.3 on both right now and MW game version 5.3. On my 6plus the game takes up 5.1gb of space and the 5s it's 1.9gb. It's only 1.9gb on the 5s because I recently deleted and reinstalled so it's building back up.

The current problem with the iOS version of the game is that it seems like there is a clock before it crashes.

Buying 60 alpha planes requires 6 taps. If I do that and than try to complete an LTQ goal the game will crash.

In FL if I would login to game with 3 minutes left in battle and wait til last minute to deploy the game would crash before battle is over. Or when going for Indy I would slowly start to deploy about 15 gunners at a time at the 10 minute mark. After about 4 minutes the game would just crash. I log back in and start to deploy again and to ensure I don't crash I would close game at 2 minute mark and restart to ensure I can finish Indy.

In WD I would do about 12 attacks in a row and then crash. With the double strike the time in between hits is about 15-20 seconds whereas attacks used to register instantly in the past.

At the start of a new LTQ I would begin by doing normal. I would get goals 1 and 2 done and start on goal 3 and I would crash. Reopen game, continue on goal 3 and crash when completing goal 5 or just after finishing.

If I open the game and do nothing I eventually just crash. Even no action causes crashes.

What is common in all of this is what I referenced at the beginning, it's like there is a clock. In each event or even if I do nothing the game will crash within 3-4 minutes after opening it. It's ridiculous. It's unacceptable. It's inexcusable. I would appreciate your prompt reply acknowledging my thread as well as what will be done to address this.

Consistent Contributor Bambamgunz's Avatar
    Post Count
    This game is nolonger worth my time having to restart my 3 fully updated iphone 4s's over 100+ time's since EB started from modern war just closing,,dont matter what event or goal i do it's the same. I have all same issues as Edbl79. I have seen ios all over these forums with same issues but nothing you have done has fixed it just made it worse ..
    Oh the empty base when switching accounts has been fixed.
    Last edited by Bambamgunz; 03-23-2016 at 12:46 AM.
    file:///C:/Users/User/Desktop/Events/VFF/TEMPORARY/1500x1125.jpeg.6563dcd23c12442da2c4b244f5ad1d87.jp  g

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I also experience similar issues. It seems there is a very serious memory leak that has been there for a while (was experiencing frequent crashes during last Frontline) and has become worse recently. Please fix it.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    OP says it all

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Galaxy S6 runs MW perfect. No crashes what so ever, and super fast. And loads of free videos for gold

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuombajj View Post
    Galaxy S6 runs MW perfect. No crashes what so ever, and super fast. And loads of free videos for gold
    When did galaxy's start running IOS?

Android is currently slightly more stable however gree can just as easily screw this all up by forgetting Android's limitations in respect to the size of their server pushes. Plus it's plain dumb to spend a few hundred dollars on a game that may or may not work properly or even be around much longer.

Personally I do have my players linked on Android and IOS but the Android tablets I use are inexpensive Asus quad core with min 1gb of system/app memory. Otherwise you run the risk of a server push screw up.

On IOS, my guess as the OP observes is that the app just bloats itself up to the point it crashes. Since each server push is cumulative and doesn't flush it's old data sets (same as Android) eventually it exceeds the design limitations of either operating system. My oldest account from Nov 2011 all suffer from crashing because there is just too much crap that the app is trying to deal with. What I am refering to are building and unit graphics and data plus all the stupid animated graphics. This overloads the device and boom!

I can successfully detonate my Android tablets in the same way if I load up my oldest accounts on it as well...

Those with newer accounts with less crap loading up do not experience these issues, if I load up a new account with substantially less graphics/buildings on the base and units in inventory my IOS devices don't barf as readily so the reality is neither platform is perfect.

I would have suggested Bluestacks however it suffers from issues as well on OSX and Windows but it runs so much faster when it is on it's game but it can just as easily get totalled when gree screws something up so nothing is a perfect solution...

Oh wait a sec, quitting might be that solution...... Though in my case I have this weird fascination with train wrecks....
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Banned
    Post Count
    Yes AO, train wrecks can be fun to watch as long as no one gets hurt. Gree is a long train and every event causes another train car to derail.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Noticed Hightower NEVER responds to lag, unstable, or crashing threads..... Maybe if it's ignored long enough we will all go away.......or they start charging us gold to have the app run properly

Post Count
    Game overall is very very slow and after 5 or 6 movements in the game, game crashes.
    I play on an Ipad Air, and MW is the only game that have these problems.

Probably it is a memory problem and Gree is puting too much events in the game.
    Take care of your members Gree and don't allways think in gold.

If you want my opinion, quit this Boss event. I don't like it at all. Too much losts of unit. After every hit you must buy new ones.
    Health regen doesn't work
    Your stats are useless
    Boss 150 cannot be killed without using gold.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby_Bear View Post
    Noticed Hightower NEVER responds to lag, unstable, or crashing threads..... Maybe if it's ignored long enough we will all go away.......or they start charging us gold to have the app run properly
    It is nice to see communication, but U.S. Players want things fixed and not new events until Gree gets its act together. The problem with Hightower is he works for Gree and is held down by what Gree does. I think he must know the lack of of quality modern war is.

Post Count
    Droid still has crashing issues even with their "fix"
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54
    Because without our players, there would be no game. And we aim to communicate that more.

Signed, CJ and the MW Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Mind View Post
    your children must be so proud of you, do they bring in your phone for show and tell?

Development Team
    Post Count
    We are currently investigating crash issues for both Android and iOS. None of these issues are instant-fixes so after investigation a short amount of time will have to be spent fixing said issue. The best thing you can do to help speed up the process please submit a detailed ticket for each type of crash with at least the following info:
    1. Where / When the crash occurred.
    2. What steps lead you to the crash.
    3. What device you are using.
    4. What version of iOS or Android you are using.
    5. Screenshot, if possible.

The more tickets (from individual users) we get regarding a specific issue, the higher priority that issue becomes.

Thanks for your help.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by [PM] President Hightower View Post
    We are currently investigating crash issues for both Android and iOS. None of these issues are instant-fixes so after investigation a short amount of time will have to be spent fixing said issue. The best thing you can do to help speed up the process please submit a detailed ticket for each type of crash with at least the following info:

The more tickets (from individual users) we get regarding a specific issue, the higher priority that issue becomes.

Thanks for your help.
    See my other thread.

Off the top observations, iPads are now more crash/freeze prone then iPhones and that goes for iPad2 through current and iPhone 5 through current. Sorry but due to even worse issues anything older we have in inventory is useless now.

The main problem is that you guys have stuck to much junk onto a game engine that does not appear to be scaleable. Add to this the insane amount of graphic support required and this is causing the app to detonate. I do find it interesting that the iPads are now crashing when idle which makes me suspect this could also be a clue.

- game data is severely bloated, seriously you need 1.5+ GB for this bloatware?
    - app uses an abnormally high amount of data on wifi and cellular compared to previous versions
    - battery life on iPhones is dismal, on iPhone 5's I get about 1.5 hours of contiuous use vs all day on previous versions
    - iPads are marginally better but still dreadful
    - app is active in background which is likely causing above.
    - Android is marginally better again in terms of battery and data use
    - server pushes are typically pushing the limits of devices in terms of siz vs system memory
    - Android server pushes exceed capability of devices with under 1 GB of system 'heap' a fail
    - too many animated graphics taxing cpu/graphics abilities
    - need for more then 1 person doing product testing on an emulator instead of actual devices (ok so I guessing on this one
    But there appears to be no product testing taking place

How's that for starters...
    -
    Last edited by Agent Orange; 03-24-2016 at 01:06 PM.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by [PM] President Hightower View Post

Thanks for your help.
    Your kidding with this response right? I mean your title says "DEV" in it.... The plethora amounts of detailed threads surrounding all of these ridiculous LAG, CRASH, and out right UNPLAYABLE threads is not enough? You seriously want us to submit a ticket to the black hole as if that's going to resolve anything! I could post here the exact response from CS around this very topic if you wish, the response was as comical as yours.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    How about an actual DEV play the game outside the controlled space of the lab for two seconds and bam you will fill our pain that we have been SHOUTINGS for months!