iOS game crashing thread - Hightower please read - Page 6

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: iOS game crashing thread - Hightower please read

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    same thing for me, i can complete as many actions as i please within 3-4mins but eventually the game just crashes. i could do 20+ button presses or 0 button presses and tha game would crash the same between those 3 or 4 minutes, the game has become impossible to play as a result and is becoming increasingly frustrating, it has become beyond a joke, it is a clear this issue that needs addressing so we should not have to spend time to send tickets in when we know nothing will get done except the usual, automised response we get every time we send in a ticket. gree are evidetly aware of the issue. sort it out. you have no excuse

Post Count
    Haaa it's worse! IOS slow or frozen on iPhones, crashes and unplayable on iPad!

Android freezes during WD so when scouting you make the hit but obtain no data for your rival. When trying to view your own stats you get a cannot connect to server error.

Thus making WD unplayable on both systems. On the Alienware and MBP BS is about the least frustrating of systems. But basically the game is dead now.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    The game has been dead for ages, surprised you guys are still playing let alone complaining. I came back to try the hardcore boss and the forum is full of this isn't working or that isn't working, game crashing etc. Gambling aware in the UK say if the fun stops stop, maybe you should all heed this advice.
    Have fun, it's only a game

Banned
    Post Count
    How are the top teams able to participate? I have given up trying to WD, it's down right stupid.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    any news about a fix ?

that realy hard to play on IOS..
    droid work fine but ios keep crashing.. all actions u do u have 2 min in game max.....

Consistent Contributor Bambamgunz's Avatar
    Post Count
    Well got EB going now i just wanna come to gree HQ and protest not fixing IOS so don't crash. Droid works awsome!! You add so
    much to the game it maxes ram and crashes. i can't get past boss 3 and 1/10 ILTQ!!!! 18 crashes in 40 min.Enough time to hit crash and restart.
    file:///C:/Users/User/Desktop/Events/VFF/TEMPORARY/1500x1125.jpeg.6563dcd23c12442da2c4b244f5ad1d87.jp  g

Development Team
    Post Count
    Investigation has begun regarding the iOS crashes after gathering as much information as is available to us. I have no estimated time for fixes as of now now. However, the issues of crashing have been given high prioritization. I will update you when I have more information available.

Banned
    Post Count
    I hope it's soon Hightower. The issue has been over looked for far to long.

I only log in twice a day now because it crashes so often, I collect money and that's it.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Hi All

I faced the same problem too and GREE don't seem to respond to my support request at all. Thanks.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    become one long boring joke login crash out login crash out login crash out

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by [PM] President Hightower View Post
    Investigation has begun regarding the iOS crashes after gathering as much information as is available to us. I have no estimated time for fixes as of now now. However, the issues of crashing have been given high prioritization. I will update you when I have more information available.
    Quote Originally Posted by [PM] President Hightower View Post
    Besides the obvious which is too many elements overwhelming the OS I would also take a long look at your servers. Seems to me that they got throttled back a while ago and that precipitated a slew of freezes and crashes.

My guess is that the app was originally designed to be autonomous with quick short syncs with the server now and then. Seems to be how it worked originally, but once the airplane mode exploit was identified the app seemed to be a lot more needy in terms of server connections. This spiked bandwidth and battery useage and right now it is so bad that if I am lucky I can get a bit over an hour of run time on my phone before it shuts down. This is not acceptable since the phone(s) are not ddicated to just this game.

Then it seened as if server capacity was reduced as folks started to get disenchanted with the reliability and out right misleading elements of the game and quit. Something seemed to improve slightly but that could just be that more people have quit thus reducing server loading which seems the more plausable reason since the server gets highly unstable as WD and FL end and load increases.

These issues should be given highest priority for no other reason then if folks can't play they also can't SPEND!
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Have no idea on what the reasons are behind crashing on IOS, but whatever investigations you are doing, the game has deteriorated badly since this morning. Every attack now leads to a crash which means constant restarting of game. I have worked in IT for over 30 years and am now involved in testing and whoever authorised the release of this and previous versions of code is nothing more than a charlatan and joker. I presume they wil be a contractor on a short term contract where responsibility is not part of their job description.

Meanwhile on Android, game is faster than it has ever been.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Elite View Post
    Meanwhile on Android, game is faster than it has ever been.
    This is the funniest part. Android used to be the ugly stepchild of MW and now with the exception of the fact you can't see your real attack/defense stats Android is far superior. I used to primarily play on my iPad because bigger screen but the iOS version of MW has gotten so bad that I only use the iPad to find out my stats once a week or so. I bet a $20 burner Android phone from Walmart would probably run MW better at this point than what iOS can do.

Post Count
    Though some on Android are ok you still need a minimum of a quad core and 1GB of system memory (not to be confused with overall storage) so a cheap droid wallyword special may still not cut it.

I'd just load up on a fast laptop if you got it and not waste money.
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by elangomatt View Post
    This is the funniest part. Android used to be the ugly stepchild of MW and now with the exception of the fact you can't see your real attack/defense stats Android is far superior. I used to primarily play on my iPad because bigger screen but the iOS version of MW has gotten so bad that I only use the iPad to find out my stats once a week or so. I bet a $20 burner Android phone from Walmart would probably run MW better at this point than what iOS can do.

I happily am a member of the exiled iOS club too. Android performs way better.
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "