Hardcore Boss Discussion Thread - Page 10

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Hardcore Boss Discussion Thread

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by [PM] President Hightower View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by display issue, but players were complaining that all of the tapping required to purchase them was causing lag/crashes/annoyance. As soon as the new store revamp goes live, I'm going to look into adding the Alpha units back with a better purchasing experience (less cash cost, higher bulk quantity, etc).
    I politely call the problem with the reseale value a 'display issue' if you like I can call it what it actually was.

First off as stated I think the addition of the Alpha units underscores the fact that the units typically available for purchase are outdated and need an overhaul as do the valor unit stats which have also been rendered useless. Had dev had a better overall long term game plan this issue would have been identified ages ago instead of these short term stop gap measures to bump up revenues.

As to the issue of crashing and lags. Doing what you propose is highly unlikely to provide any sort of meaningful fix since the real problems are far more deep rooted then buying multiples of alpha units.

The app is so bloated that doing anything including scrolling while on your base can detonate the app. Case in point, the app still lags and freezes without the ability to purchase alpha units so the proposed fix is highly unlikely to solve this issue. Granted if that is what it takes to get dev to fix the real problem which is that players need an adjustment to the quantities of units they wish to purchase ok whatever.

Actually while dev is at it perhaps fix FL and add a deploy all or deploy in batches of multiple units instead of singles which is something that players have asked for for months if not YEARS. All that tapping cannot possibly make the app more stable, must waste substantial bandwidth and server overhead and be just a plain waste of time.

But the real need is to overhaul all the units in the store but also have some sort of actual long term design for all units and buildings.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Banned
    Post Count
    Well said AO. The whole game is now lagging, scrolling through your base, hitting NPC, going to a map etc. I think it proves that no one from Gree plays its own game, Gree does not do quality control, and they only revenue push as there are still addicted whales. I think you hit the nail on the head when you said they have no long term goals for this game. Yes it has been around a long time, but that one factor can be easily explained by factions. And that is even losing its luster.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by WBS View Post
    Well said AO. The whole game is now lagging, scrolling through your base, hitting NPC, going to a map etc. I think it proves that no one from Gree plays its own game, Gree does not do quality control, and they only revenue push as there are still addicted whales. I think you hit the nail on the head when you said they have no long term goals for this game. Yes it has been around a long time, but that one factor can be easily explained by factions. And that is even losing its luster.
    Would agree completely, factions are the main reason that folks still play. Also seems that those that quit do so in coordination with their faction mates and move to better less bug infested games. I fully understand this as faction play was the best feature of this game.

Sadly it has been greatly undermind by lack of insight by the game designers.

In the smaller factions in WD the trend is to have one monster D/L supplimented by a number of weak new players. Also seems as if nobody is actually online to play so they are just milking points. Participation seems to continue to disappear. I would guess in the top ranks you would need everyone online so this might not be as obvious but to me this is a good indication of how few players are left. WD used to be the flagship event and the top earner now?

FL in the lower rankings seems to have even less participation with maybe one or two high IPH or spenders towing along a bunch of non participants. I think that was where the matching system on Huge Boss worked as it seemed to be more logically based. But FL to me has always been a non starter since all the work is done in the last couple of minutes of the battle requiring no strategy just a fast device or better still a way to deploy multiples instantly. I suspect if gree want to see the spending light glow bright white adding a deploy all function would create bedlam in the final minute of a battle and increase revenues as well. Plus if the server wasn't overloaded by tapping it might actually be more stable and also actually count all hits made before the timer runs out. As it sits now it seems any hits in the last 10 seconds are lost and not counted in the battle but used up. Granted they cleverly designed things so we have no idea how the battle actually played out in terms of deploys because the map screen disappears and is replac d by final stats thus hiding what really happened.

If you want to make WD relevent again I would add keep the big MONTHLY weekend battle but also make those points cumulative in a big yearly or quartly goal with big prizes. If you do 24 hour WDs then have those count as well.

Same could even be done with FL so in otherwords have a Masters ranking as well as monthly.

Overhaul the units in the store!

Overhaul faction bonuses, bet most factions are maxed so bump to at least 10 or better still 20.

Same could be done with all the boost buildings. But with the thought that these are goals that might not nessessarily be achieved by a massive gold hit and finished instantly. Well you could as always go for that short term but that would be stupid IMHO but for thos heavily addicted I suppose it could feed the addiction some more.

Also defense buildings which have been completely worthless for many years!

Fix the Infirmary, I tested it pretty thoroughly when it first came out and discovered it was useless! In fact it seemed to actually increase your losses as you levelled it up. Now most of us leave it dead on our bases but with the hope that one day it will be useful again. Granted most of us are indestructible.... Now that you have Alpha units that are expendable have it come into play for heavens sakes! Same goes for the Casualty Rate faction bonus which also appears to be worthless.

Most of these are simple adjustments that shouldn't have the nasty effect that cludging on more events seem to introduce...

Also increase the number of game levels, currently we are capped at I think 350 since you guys get around to this once every few years bump it out to 1,000.

Map missions seem to be irrelevent might as well nuke them along with all the unneeded NPCs and targets.

On Android fix the targeting for god sakes, it's embarrassing to see how poorly it is executed. I tap on a target and kill something several squares away. WTF is that, other than crappy programming or intentional which could be either since all the crazy moving targets swarm the real target and make doing those mission irratating not fun. As a result I bet I am not the only one that ignores them.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Just adding my 2 cents to the other pennies...

First of all, I applaud Gree for adding a new element to the game . . . However, what I didn't like...

1) This event seemed pretty lazy since it wasn't as much a "new" event as it was just an Epic Boss redo (which already is my least favorite event).
    2)Time frame sux for those not in US
    3) Constant buying AND losing AND checking units was completely frustrating
    4) The way the points for the daily leaderboard are calculated makes one almost "give up" if they don't get the 1st place 10pts everyday.
    5) I practically had to have my phone glued to my hand the first couple of days to keep checking the leaderboard. To the point that the last couple days I barely picked up my phone due to game fatigue.

In short, did NOT enjoy this event. In fact, it almost made me wanna quit MW all together.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lurker View Post
    Just adding my 2 cents to the other pennies...

First of all, I applaud Gree for adding a new element to the game . . . However, what I didn't like...

1) This event seemed pretty lazy since it wasn't as much a "new" event as it was just an Epic Boss redo (which already is my least favorite event).
    2)Time frame sux for those not in US
    3) Constant buying AND losing AND checking units was completely frustrating
    4) The way the points for the daily leaderboard are calculated makes one almost "give up" if they don't get the 1st place 10pts everyday.
    5) I practically had to have my phone glued to my hand the first couple of days to keep checking the leaderboard. To the point that the last couple days I barely picked up my phone due to game fatigue.

In short, did NOT enjoy this event. In fact, it almost made me wanna quit MW all together.
    Agree,
    If there are future plans for this event it should start/finish as others do(2pm PDT)
    Also needs to be some leeway on points to prizes,if top prize is 50 points there should be a possible 70 points minimum available.
    Constantly topping units up was time consuming especially with all the lag/crash issues and needs to be addressed.
    Also why doesn't Health Regen come into play?
    also maybe lower amount of bosses,I'm sure most would agree 150 bosses is way too much and gets both too time consuming and completely Boring as event progresses.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbs View Post
    Agree,
    If there are future plans for this event it should start/finish as others do(2pm PDT)
    Also needs to be some leeway on points to prizes,if top prize is 50 points there should be a possible 70 points minimum available.
    Constantly topping units up was time consuming especially with all the lag/crash issues and needs to be addressed.
    Also why doesn't Health Regen come into play?
    also maybe lower amount of bosses,I'm sure most would agree 150 bosses is way too much and gets both too time consuming and completely Boring as event progresses.

The event somewhat grabbed interest I didn't have in epic boss but that quickly faded after about 50 bosses. Having to refill the Alpha units and the lag it took to buy them was as annoying as a crabby child.

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    The event could have the same intended format with more excitement if you greatly reduce the time of each battle.

I suggest you have individual launch screens where you declare war and are matched with 4 other players for a random time frame and/or preset time limit. (2 hours is a reasonable time frame imo) This format would not penalize anyone for being asleep when the event starts or ends.

You could limit the number of individual wars to say 10 forvthe whole event.

I would further suggest that 2nd place get 7 points, 3rd 5 points, and 4th two points. It became meaningless to attempt the last couple days because triple strikes were unattainable.

Top prize could be 85 points, and then scale down from there.
    Texicans. Top 50, 75, 100, 150. We have been it all.

We use dockbot, if your faction wants a demo pm me. I will even give you a free WD usage if it is your first time to use.

Lurker
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Thank you, King Hightower for listening to our feedback and responding.
    I already see changes in the werx related to many comments and excellent suggestions above. Thank you.
    Agent Orange summed it nicely & again &...

Meantime, performance reminds me of rendering 3D on 8-bit Processors back in the '80's and random resets flashback to Edison

P.S. Hightower, Please don't forget to run the fix the "Ultimate Weapon" loot script... Little friends got nada so far for trying

Post Count
    I can be short about this new event.

I don't like this event at all, so stop it.
    With this event my game is much slower and there are too many crahes.