Hardcore Boss Discussion Thread - Page 5

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hardcore Boss Discussion Thread

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Looking more closely at rewards...
    We have a 4 day event.... Finish top for a day gets you 10 points... Times 4 days is a possible total of 40 points (4x10) maximum...
    Why are there prizes for 41,42,45,50 points???
    Am I missing something?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbs View Post
    Looking more closely at rewards...
    We have a 4 day event.... Finish top for a day gets you 10 points... Times 4 days is a possible total of 40 points (4x10) maximum...
    Why are there prizes for 41,42,45,50 points???
    Am I missing something?
    First and last events are not 24h. My guess it will go like this : 8h, 24h, 24h, 24h, 16h

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuombajj View Post
    First and last events are not 24h. My guess it will go like this : 8h, 24h, 24h, 24h, 16h
    Thanks....
    Already 50 points is out of reach for some time zones including mine as first 8 hr one runs when some are sleeping.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I'm in the UK and did manage to top my group in the first match-up, but only because nobody else joined in. I hit two bosses.

I think this is a really nice variation. It's a shame about the initial bugs, but glad that something new has come out.

I'm on iOS9.3 with an iPhone 6 and have had multiple game crashes, but this is a general instability with the game. It crashes during Frontline (while deploying troops - cannot drop 250 without this occurring) and during PvP (after 6 or 7 hits of an opponent). Crashed once during boss so far.

Also, can't help but restate that the 2PM PST start time for events continues to be utterly rubbish for anyone not in the States. Please consider starting earlier - two hours would be decent enough

Ta

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Could we buy more than 60 of this freaking planes?
    Having to buy 1-5 each time is long and frustrating

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ju100 View Post
    Could we buy more than 60 of this freaking planes?
    Having to buy 1-5 each time is long and frustrating
    You don't have to buy them each time, unless you can't oneshot boss anymore.

Post Count
    A fatal flaw I an seeing in day two is that for new players this event will be over in 4-5 boss kills. They won't have the IPH to buy any extra units so they are dead in the water for the remaing number of days since boss level does not reset.

I don't think dev really thought this through very well again! Yeah go figure..... I'm guessing when my main guy hits boss 34 which will be in the next hour it's dead as well since it looks like they did not change that portion of the event. Buying disposable units is pointless to a degree unless these units allow you to exceed the 3,000 unit limit. Sorry nobody has mentioned this one way or another but if they don't stack beyond the 3,000 this is unbelievably stupid.

In terms of grouping players, not sure what the formula is but my L8-10's appear to be grouped with L 100+ so they don't stand a hope in hell of advancing further, er well I guess that is rather irrelevent if they can't kill anything I suppose.

Yes seems like an interesting twist, sadly poorly executed and thought out though.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuombajj View Post
    You don't have to buy them each time, unless you can't oneshot boss anymore.

You are correct, however you will score less points as your alpha units diminish so if you want decent points you have to keep replenishing

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    A fatal flaw I an seeing in day two is that for new players this event will be over in 4-5 boss kills. They won't have the IPH to buy any extra units so they are dead in the water for the remaing number of days since boss level does not reset.
    You haven't realised the resale value of 1 plane yet have you? If you can afford one you can afford infinite planes.

Post Count
    Ok found this so does this mean if you have the max 500 allies then it's 500 * 6 = 3,000 * 60 = 180,000 of these new units or did I read other posts correctly here that max is 60?

Sorry can't test this as I stopped resetting and collecting cash building a couple of years ago.

"Squad limit may vary between events but can be calculated as (Allowed Allies * 6).
    Example: Allies = 10; Max Squad Units = 60"
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by HGF69 View Post
    You haven't realised the resale value of 1 plane yet have you? If you can afford one you can afford infinite planes.
    Really...............
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Whilst I like this new/old innovation that gre have brought in for us is hard-core bosses one thing springs to mind here.
    If the first battle cycle was for 8 hours how the hell can you justify making the second one a 24 hour one+ it makes no sense, and yet again it favours the American and southern hemisphere players over the European players who are now at work will maybe get 4 hours of playing time (if lucky) and then be off to bed.
    Either keep the battles at 8 hours a time or make all battles 24 hours long

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by HGF69 View Post
    I wondered when some helpful tapper would let the other tappers in on this sweet tidbit.
    You win, kind sir!!
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Banned
    Post Count
    I like the new concept. I have something to
    Spend my in game cash on. But the loss rate is too high for small accounts and the lag is still bad. The game also
    Crashes more often than normal. I'm iPhone 6.

I just wish Gree actually tested their product before putting them out plus it would be nice to know if Hightower played them. I think if he played them a lot of these issues could be solved much quicker.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DEWIN NUTTIN View Post
    I wondered when some helpful tapper would let the other tappers in on this sweet tidbit.
    You win, kind sir!!
    I did in the other thread, please give me credit