GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changes to LTQ: Coal Miner’s Slaughter

Live Operations Robot IPassButter's Avatar
    Post Count

Changes to LTQ: Coal Miner’s Slaughter

Greetings My Lieges!

We would like to let you know about some changes we have made to the upcoming LTQ event: Coal Miner’s Slaughter which begins at 3:00PM PST Monday March 21st.

1.) We have lowered the number of normal and heroic goals in the chain. The normal goal chain has been changed from 20 goals to 15 goals. The heroic goal chain has been changed from 30 goals to 20 goals.

2.) In addition we have changed the structure of the haste goal requirements. There will now be separate haste goal chains for the three difficulty levels of the LTQ. So a Haste: Beginner, Haste: Normal, and Haste: Heroic goal chain. There is also a wrapper prize for completing all haste goals. The haste goals will be organized in chains with shorter windows. For example:

Haste: Beginner 1/5 must be completed within 4 hours of the event starting.
    Haste: Normal 1/4 must be completed within 8 hours of the start of the event and
    Haste: Heroic 1/2 must be completed within 16 hours.

Note: Players can complete the normal LTQ wrapper without completing any of the haste goals. The haste goals represent an extra challenge for extra rewards.

We appreciate your participation and wish you good fortune in the event!

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    This is a nice change as it seems the same format you use in MW, which is good for ALL players as each players can achieve some of the bonuses

Please just keep in mind to provide at the lower tiers (think of all the free players out there) some nice bonuses that will be useful for them (Hint: energy/health regen)

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Thanks for the change but yet again Europe will suffer so 8hrs for normal haste that starts at 11pm UK time when we change our clocks next week so would have to stay up all night so again won't be even bothering, haste should start from the first hit on the event

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Nice try, so EUROPE can't participate at this event.
    We are sleeping at this times here in the old world!

Gree give us the same chances as US? I don't think so
    Hector DGX/XW

Equal chances for all continents!

NO MORE HASTE TARGETS AT NIGHT TIMES!!!

Post Count
    I really like the idea to let hast start with the first hit onn a LTQ mob - that would solve the time zone problem for haste (not for the complete event but at least for the haste part.
    I hope gree will consider this

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Vyper View Post
    I really like the idea to let hast start with the first hit onn a LTQ mob - that would solve the time zone problem for haste (not for the complete event but at least for the haste part.
    Great idea, Vyper!!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Vyper View Post
    Good idea but... Asking gree to put up a script for this would be a disaster as all their "normal" quests never run bug/glitch free.
    They are just not capable of putting up something new without major problems.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Zepson View Post
    Good idea but... Asking gree to put up a script for this would be a disaster as all their "normal" quests never run bug/glitch free.
    They are just not capable of putting up something new without major problems.
    HaHa. Sad, but true

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by IPassButter View Post
    Greetings My Lieges!

We would like to let you know about some changes we have made to the upcoming LTQ event: Coal Miner’s Slaughter which begins at 3:00PM PST Monday March 21st.

1.) We have lowered the number of normal and heroic goals in the chain. The normal goal chain has been changed from 20 goals to 15 goals. The heroic goal chain has been changed from 30 goals to 20 goals.

2.) In addition we have changed the structure of the haste goal requirements. There will now be separate haste goal chains for the three difficulty levels of the LTQ. So a Haste: Beginner, Haste: Normal, and Haste: Heroic goal chain. There is also a wrapper prize for completing all haste goals. The haste goals will be organized in chains with shorter windows. For example:

Haste: Beginner 1/5 must be completed within 4 hours of the event starting.
    Haste: Normal 1/4 must be completed within 8 hours of the start of the event and
    Haste: Heroic 1/2 must be completed within 16 hours. !
    With the lowering of goals, does this mean the health of mobs are the same as our current goals, lowered, or higher. Key point because if you increased the health to current standards and lowered goals, all players still will not have a chance to complete. I have high energy return and I completed one event by having to use 65 energy packs. That was one attempt and last time until this is changed. Concerned about where the mob health is. Can you give us a guideline for each level needs? We need to know what we are needing so we can plan. It tends to always be a guessing game for us. Thanks.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Please do something to prevent Euros from always getting screwed. Timer count starting with first mob hit was an awsome idea, I hope that can be done. Because we always fall behind when events start midnight our time, and it is hard to catch up. Timezones should not be punishing players.
    There are real people behind avatars!🌹

Lurker
    Post Count
    I can only emphasize to change the time events start. As a Euro player, I always need to stay awake unitl midnight on the days new events start (at least you can be sure now, that a new iLTQ will start after the previous one ends).
    Starting them earlier would put Asia a bit behind though.
    I remember about 3 years ago, there were events starting at completely different times to favor all time zones at a certain event.

Nevertheless, starting a haste quest when a big part of the player base is dreaming about better times is just a kick in the nuts...

Post Count
    Great way to give the finger to your European player base.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    I think that starting all the haste timers when the first hit is takes, would be fair to all players. Have the haste timer auto start after 24 hours anyway. Of course, that means the we can't have a 24 hour ILTQ anymore, but that shouldn't be a problem.

These are smart devices that we play on. A good programmer should be able to figure it out.
    Purple Squirrel

Lurker
    Post Count
    It's basically similar coding to the timers on timed epic and/or raid bosses, which are proven to be working on individual and guild parts. So I don't see a big problem there.

I personally like the new style of the iLTQs, except the part for haste of course. Looks like heroic is possible to finish without having to use refills. I like also that the times to finish haste increases on every step. Those haste rewards (different steps on beginner, normal, heroic + another haste for finishing complete event) give a nice incentive to the iLTQ to what Stark mentioned in another thread (scalable LTQ). One can choose to spend on any haste reward or just go the "normal" path.

Europe is kinda lucky at this event, because we didn't change our clock up to now leading to an event starting time of 11PM in central europe. But please, please, please Gree implement those changes in haste.

Post Count
    Gree please help - the haste has to be changes to 'start with first mob'...

After a 3 day battle many guild mates have been tired and went to bed - waking up today to see that they can not do haste for beginners and normal anymore (really nice rewards btw...). This is really frustrating and turns a good idea (I really like the new format - but not the timetzone problem) into the opposite....