GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changes to Lockbox Event: There’s Always a Bigger Fish

Live Operations Robot IPassButter's Avatar
    Post Count

Changes to Lockbox Event: There’s Always a Bigger Fish

Greetings Players!

We would like to let you know about some changes that are being made for tthe lockbox event: There’s Always a Bigger Fish which starts tomorrow (March 18th) at 3:00PM PDT.

1.) As players collect tokens the drop rates for rare units will begin to increase slightly. This means that as players begin to approach the higher token collection tiers (Example: 20-25 tokens) they have a better chance at collecting the rare units to complete the antiquary goals.

2.) Gem cost for opening lockboxes using the Magic Key has been reduced

3.) Gem cost for ending cooldown after opening a lockbox has been reduced

Thank you for participating and good luck!
    Last edited by IPassButter; 03-17-2016 at 08:32 PM.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    at first glance these sound like welcome changes, chances of better rewards as we get more tokens and getting more tokens is getting cheaper too!

a paranoid player would say: so you reduced the chances to get a rare to 0 unless I get 20 tokens?

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Gendur View Post
    at first glance these sound like welcome changes, chances of better rewards as we get more tokens and getting more tokens is getting cheaper too!

a paranoid player would say: so you reduced the chances to get a rare to 0 unless I get 20 tokens?
    That's how I interpret this change also. Only those getting 20 or more drops will have a chance to get Antuquary.
    Sounds like another money grab to me
    Last edited by Jnsolberg; 03-18-2016 at 04:28 AM.
    Purple Squirrel

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Again thank you for attempting to make this event more achievable, but when a person spends 16 hours a day opening boxes with gold and gems and still can't get past 15 boxes open, what is the point?

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Metsrock9931 View Post
    Again thank you for attempting to make this event more achievable, but when a person spends 16 hours a day opening boxes with gold and gems and still can't get past 15 boxes open, what is the point?
    To spend gems to open, of course!
    Purple Squirrel

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by IPassButter View Post
    Greetings Players!

We would like to let you know about some changes that are being made for tthe lockbox event: There’s Always a Bigger Fish which starts tomorrow (March 18th) at 3:00PM PDT.

1.) As players collect tokens the drop rates for rare units will begin to increase slightly. This means that as players begin to approach the higher token collection tiers (Example: 20-25 tokens) they have a better chance at collecting the rare units to complete the antiquary goals.

IPB: would you be so kind as to let us know that the Drop % rate for rare units is when you have 0/25 tokens, and the rate at the different tiers? (which I would assume would be 5/25, 10/25, 15/25, and 20,25)..........................providing this will allow all players to see that GREE is actually trying to be transparent and honest toward improving gaming experience and not just experimenting with new ways to milk cash from players

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Sticky !! wh do u guys constantly ruin events ?? Leave them alone! Every time we like something.. GREE PURPOSELY GOES AND RUINS IT WITH A CHANGE in EVENTS... That old saying..."don't fix what's not broken"

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Starting with drop rates near 0 will never generate a chance to get higher drop rate without being a milionaire. thanks Gree I will skip this quest as all box quest before
    Hector DGX/XW

Equal chances for all continents!

NO MORE HASTE TARGETS AT NIGHT TIMES!!!

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Greetings Players!

Oops, you forgot to mention that we now need 30 fish to complete instead of the normal 25

Not going to gem any box event, lol. I hate the gambling aspect. If I want to gamble, I'll go to Las Vegas. At least they tell you the odds.
    Purple Squirrel

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    It is now 6 pm PDT on March 18... I've read about this lockbox event, but have no box icon in lower left hand corner of screen and did a couple levels of iLTQ to get some boxes... nada. nothing. bupkus.

Again, you've managed to screw up an event since no way haste gonna work for me now, Gree.. I'm hours behind everyone else! I've quit game, hard closed game, quit and restarted my iPhone 6... what gives?

Others in my guild experiencing same thing.

edit: Immediately after posting this, I opened game and there it was, for the first time today... Damn, gree, great response!! LOLOL

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadows View Post
    It is now 6 pm PDT on March 18... I've read about this lockbox event, but have no box icon in lower left hand corner of screen and did a couple levels of iLTQ to get some boxes... nada. nothing. bupkus.

Again, you've managed to screw up an event since no way haste gonna work for me now, Gree.. I'm hours behind everyone else! I've quit game, hard closed game, quit and restarted my iPhone 6... what gives?

Others in my guild experiencing same thing.

edit: Immediately after posting this, I opened game and there it was, for the first time today... Damn, gree, great response!! LOLOL
    It's the lag time shadows.....nothing really fixed....good luck getting 30 boxes to open...lol....barely get 14 and that is using gems.

Live Operations Robot IPassButter's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnsolberg View Post
    Oops, you forgot to mention that we now need 30 fish to complete instead of the normal 25

Not going to gem any box event, lol. I hate the gambling aspect. If I want to gamble, I'll go to Las Vegas. At least they tell you the odds.

Players need 23 Big Fish to complete the wrapper. The 25 Fish, and 30 Fish goals are there for players who wish to keep collecting for prizes but are not necessary for completing the event.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Players need 23 Big Fish to complete the wrapper. The 25 Fish, and 30 Fish goals are there for players who wish to keep collecting for prizes but are not necessary for completing the event.
    Hmmm....interesting!
    Purple Squirrel

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Greetings Players!

This is my opinion on the Big Fish Basket event:

1). It seemed like the boxes opened easier with gold opens than in the past. Please don't make this harder.

2). I like the "Rare" units with the boosts and you even spell it out that they don't stack!

3). Haste (20 fish) was better then in the past

4). Timer reset for 5 gems instead of 20 is a good move

5). Gem opens for 10 gems instead of 20 is a good move

6). The wrapper needed "only" 23 fish instead of the usual 25

If we have to have endless box events, at least this one was better than the previous events. Well done!
    Purple Squirrel

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnsolberg View Post
    This is my opinion on the Big Fish Basket event:

1). It seemed like the boxes opened easier with gold opens than in the past. Please don't make this harder.

2). I like the "Rare" units with the boosts and you even spell it out that they don't stack!

3). Haste (20 fish) was better then in the past

4). Timer reset for 5 gems instead of 20 is a good move

5). Gem opens for 10 gems instead of 20 is a good move

6). The wrapper needed "only" 23 fish instead of the usual 25

If we have to have endless box events, at least this one was better than the previous events. Well done!
    For me, I can open every 37 minutes and usually get to 15/25 and 7/8 units for antiquary.(sometimes get lucky and find all 8/8)........................
    with the new modifications made to the drop rate.............spending same amount of time and tries....................I got 10/30 tokens and 2/11 units......................hmmmmmmmmm!!!!!

Seems I will start skipping box events now, at least in the past I was looking forward to getting lucky and complete at least two of the antiquary goals............now I cannot even complete the "common" goal which is suppose to be the "easy" to get by all players