Changes in Conquest of Kings: Battle at the Blighted Woods - Page 5

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Changes in Conquest of Kings: Battle at the Blighted Woods

Post Count
    Seriously, people cannot be complaining about the amount of indi wins required, even if they have had to hit a few extras. Prior to this war the total required was 300 per day ..... now we all have 3 days to get the 300. for me the format appears ok, it just needs a few refinements. Please give Gree credit when due.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sheffman View Post
    Seriously, people cannot be complaining about the amount of indi wins required, even if they have had to hit a few extras. Prior to this war the total required was 300 per day ..... now we all have 3 days to get the 300. for me the format appears ok, it just needs a few refinements. Please give Gree credit when due.
    All very true, and Gree should make some Indy Heroic goals not tied to the guild. But nay of us didn't go for the 300 wins daily, but can total 300 wins over the 3 days. That's a nice move by Gree. But, they messed that up and now peeps really need 350-500 wins to get the prizes for 300 wins.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by IPassButter View Post
    The heroic quests display after the normal quest chain is completed. However there was an error with the new Guild collection goals not displaying. This is also being addressed.
    Hey IPassButter, maybe you can explain this.
    1). 71 hour war
    2). Battles last 1 hour and we have to wait 2-10 minutes for a match
    3). We must win 35 battles for Normal. Minimum time without wait is 35 hours
    4). after we win 35 wars, then we need to win 32 more battles in a row. Without wait times that's 32 hours
    5). 35 + 32 = 67 hours in a 71 hour war. That leaves 4 hours for waiting for matches. Oops, at 5 minutes each, 67 battles needs 5.5 hours for a total of 72.5 hours needed in a 71 hour war!
    6). In past wars you could do your streaks while racking up the wins. If you had a streak broken, you had time to start another streak.

Conclusion: Gree really messed this up for the current war. When the top guild, who probably goes undefeated, can't even get in enough battles, something is wrong and you need to be aware that this is a mistake.

Just found out that win 35 counts as 1/10 Heroic, so "only" 66 wins are needed.
    Still impossible

Win 35 didn't count for us. Back to needing 67 wins in a row in 71 hours. No time for a loss, lol
    Last edited by Jnsolberg; 03-20-2016 at 08:34 PM.
    Purple Squirrel

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnsolberg View Post

Gree, how are you going to fix this?
    Hate to say it, but Gree will answer after war or just ignore it, it appears. Many have questioned the same thing, but no response.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Happy that heroic impossible - less stress for my guild :-)

Points are up as the top guilds just search out each other for legendary match ups. Since there is little downside to losing, plenty of time for wins, playing better guilds for points is a better bet. Looks like a smart business move. We do need to get compensated for losing the indi wins though.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Vyper View Post

you don't encourage individual participation when you say 50 members have to reach the indy requirements to get the guild goal (only perhaps in top 3-5) - for all other guilds it will be the opposite.
    If you really want to encourage peolpe give extra rewards for hitting the wall x times (perhaps in combination with the normal indi-goals). That way you would help the guild spirit. Now everyone will be hunting the indi-goals and the same 'stupid' members that bought orbs for the guild will now be forced to hit the wall even more often....

well done....
    My guild has been top 5 for the last 2 wars. We don't have 50 peeps that can do the 300 wins. Especially the the 300 really being 330 to 400 wins due to the Gree problems at the beginning of the war.
    Peeps sometimes have things going on in Real Life that reduces their KA time making these goals unattainable.

Hopefully our gemmers will understand and not cause a rift between our valued free and low gem players and our heavier gemmers.

Once again Gree has found a way to force more peeps into retirement.
    Purple Squirrel

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I think 300 is ok if there are no more errors costing wins - but would be better if only 45 needed them - even as a top ten guild we like to operate as a family rather than a group of mercs. Would be much better if everyone did not need to relog in each level. Lowering to 45 would make an allowance for this and is likely easier than changing the log in requirement.
    Last edited by Jomama1; 03-21-2016 at 07:52 AM.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomama1 View Post
    I think 300 is ok if there are no more errors costing wins - but would be better if only 45 needed them - even as a top ten guild we like to operate as a family rather than a group of mercs. Would be much better if everyone did not need to relog in each level. Lowering to 45 would make an allowance for this and is likely easier than changing the log in requirement.
    45 would be better. May still not make it, but we would have a chance if the counters worked right. We have peeps with more than 300 wins still 30-40 wins away from finishing.
    Purple Squirrel

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Don't forget defensive wins doesn't count. I finished indy at 312 wins.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I think if you let wall hits count as wins you would incentivize the kind of positive play and teamwork that is the main reason we play this game. If not, we will be challenged with the unhappy feelings that make people leave.

Of course, you could just eliminate walls as almost all guilds use them now which defeats the point.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I think if you let wall hits count as wins you would incentivize the kind of positive play and teamwork that is the main reason we play this game. If not, we will be challenged with the unhappy feelings that make people leave.

Of course, you could just eliminate walls as almost all guilds use them now which defeats the point.
    I agree that counting wall hits as wins would be a very nice incentive for team cooperation. Walls & the few who show up on time to hit them are a big bone of contention for my guild. Plus it would help encourage new Players to stay as oftentimes they are challenged to find targets that they can actually win on so they do nothing but hit walls greater than 90% of the time. Yes they get CP for hitting walls but they want to be able to see wins which can only be gained now by attacking an actual opponent.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count

This would be a nice solution
    Purple Squirrel

Post Count
    Would be great if we could get a change here - all guilds know how important those members are that work for the team and hit the wall. Most do it without complaining - but to see that others just wait till the wall is down to get more individual wins is simply not fair. Without a special counter for wall hits it is impossible to control who hits the wall and who doesn't - that makes some members feel unhappy about the situation (and unhappy player don't buy that extra gems to help the guild (and gree) even more....).

The best solution would be that wall hits would count for the individual targets (still less cp, but at least counting for the indi-Quest).

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    A wall hitter questline would also possibly encourage more members to hit walls.....

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    IPB

I am just curious as to if there was any guild that completed the streak goals..................... I do not think that even RK WLD, and RP (top 1 2 and 3) were able to do so