GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes in Conquest of Kings: Battle at the Blighted Woods

Live Operations Robot IPassButter's Avatar
    Post Count

Changes in Conquest of Kings: Battle at the Blighted Woods

Greetings my lieges,

We would like to let you know about some new goals and updates going into Conquest of Kings: Battle at the Blighted Woods.

1.) Unit bonuses have been increased slightly at the higher leaderboard tiers.

2.) We have changed the existing goal structure to encourage more individual participation and contribution.

The goal structure is somewhat similar to the raid boss individual goal structure:
    Guild Goal Chain Name: United Front: Blighted Battalion

Example:

Individual goal -> Win 1 battle -> earn unit A
    Guild goal - > Collect 5 of unit A throughout your guild -> Earn a reward.

BE AWARE: The last goal in the United Front guild goal chain requires at least 50 guild members. Please plan your conquest and goal structures accordingly if you wish to pursue this goal.

3.) Individual goals and guild goals revolving around winning specific numbers of battles now stretch over the whole event duration and are no longer daily.

Thank you for your participation and good luck on the fields of battle!

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Omg
    First you make EB impossible to finish
    They you make RB crazy with the shortage of orbs
    Now you're making it harder to the the Rare antiquary units in the box events
    And finally you're messing with our last event that we still like.
    What are the guild goals for wins and streaks over the 3 days?
    What is the Indy requirement for the top reward? 50 players with 900 wins? I'm sure RK will appreciate that. Maybe Warlord and Rising Phoenix also.

I'm sure you won't answer, that would be good customer service. We will probably get a splash screen @ a day into the war.
    Purple Squirrel

Post Count
    completly agree with Jnsolberg

you don't encourage individual participation when you say 50 members have to reach the indy requirements to get the guild goal (only perhaps in top 3-5) - for all other guilds it will be the opposite.
    If you really want to encourage peolpe give extra rewards for hitting the wall x times (perhaps in combination with the normal indi-goals). That way you would help the guild spirit. Now everyone will be hunting the indi-goals and the same 'stupid' members that bought orbs for the guild will now be forced to hit the wall even more often....

well done....

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    If GREE is smart, the indy goals that are tied to the guild part will be hard but still achievable with a modest amount of gem usage. The indy part should have additional levels, that do not contribute anymore to the guild part to encourage the bigger spenders

Post Count
    Wow. You guys really don't play your own game. 50 members???? Most guilds don't HAVE 50 members and if they do don't have 50 super active members. This will promote guild in fighting. Sorry Bob you are going on vacation or you have a kid being born or a death in the family or you are sick ETC. you cant stay because we won't hit our guild goal because or your inactivity. It's lunacy. You won't promote everyone to be more active you will drive wedges between players in guilds. Can't say it loud enough. Bad Idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lurker
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    I'm hoping that wall hits count in the total.
    If not, there should be an individual prize of 3% permanent wall damage for every 10 wall hits.
    Last edited by Ddd123; 03-18-2016 at 05:06 AM.

Post Count
    Change is good. Trying to improve and advance your game is the right thing to do. Change is necessary to prevent most things from going stale. However, I believe that this will backfire on Gree. You will see more retirements and more folks going gem-free. Gree does not know their audience. Donald Trump knows his audience and he is giving his fans what they want. He is very successful (hated or loved, this is the truth). Gree, understand your audience to become more popular and powerful. You have had more than enough opportunity to listen.
    Last edited by Vclone; 03-18-2016 at 05:03 AM.
    The Sailing Alpacas

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Wow, 50 members, many guilds are under 50 due to retirements created by the ridiculous goals. Again no advance notice to provide guilds to join together. Looks like a gem free war and a nice weekend from the game. Thank you, we all need a break from the never ending quests. Have a good weekend Gree!

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    I notice the calendar seems to be a day short. Will this be a 47 hour war again?
    Purple Squirrel

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Gendur View Post
    If GREE is smart, the indy goals that are tied to the guild part will be hard but still achievable with a modest amount of gem usage. The indy part should have additional levels, that do not contribute anymore to the guild part to encourage the bigger spenders
    they is the key word.............."modest amount of gem usage"................besides the top 25 guilds, pretty much the rest of players are GEM FREE..............and will not spend real cash on gems no matter what.................so this new changes will actually make players participate LESS in the event

Lots of guilds play the war event only and only to get the streak or guild battles won prizes................and do not care about ranking

GREE, please monitor closely your revenues for this war, as I am sure you will see them reduce instead of increase as you are hopping

Live Operations Robot IPassButter's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnsolberg View Post
    I notice the calendar seems to be a day short. Will this be a 47 hour war again?

This war will last 71 hours.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    This point about in guild fighting is huge

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by IPassButter View Post
    Greetings my lieges,

We would like to let you know about some new goals and updates going into Conquest of Kings: Battle at the Blighted Woods.

2.) We have changed the existing goal structure to encourage more individual participation and contribution.

Clearly you want individuals to participate by continuing to "provide" absolute worthless junk as "reward" for working hard individually. Score 300k and finish #701, get nothing
    IMG_5553[1].jpg

Lurker
    Post Count
    Well Gree, you've finally done it. Little by little you've made changes to each and every event you toss at us. And you've pretty royally butchered them all. Wars were the last event that I actually enjoyed. That is, up until now.
    Make no mistake, I am a gem-player. On average, every war I spent between $200-$400 on gems, not to mention those times between wars that I purchased gems to complete an event. That will no longer happen.

As software developers you guys have one job - make your software successful. You make a game. First and foremost to be successful a game has to be ENJOYABLE. But each time you make a change nowadays, you sacrifice what enjoyment there was and replace it with an oft-untested update that seems purely designed to part us players from our money. Read your forums for a change. Does it sound like people have been enjoying your recent changes?

How many people do you think are going to buy gems for this war when, at best, it seems to be an event designed with guild in-fighting as a goal?
    How many loyal players in smaller guilds are going to enjoy competing in an event when they aren't even eligible to win the top prizes because of their guild size?

When you rolled this update out, I hope you factored in the potential for loss. My main Cromwell and all of my minis are sitting this out. Ball's in your court now. Cut the crap and get back to making an enjoyable game and I will gladly return and continue gem purchasing. Or keep things the way they are and forever lose the several thousand dollars per year you were getting from me.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by truthteller View Post

Lots of guilds play the war event only and only to get the streak or guild battles won prizes................and do not care about ranking
    We'll win streaks are removed so less participation will occur from our guild. Prizes suck, change looks poor. JMO