What does the player base think of this Raid Boss?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What does the player base think of this Raid Boss?

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count

What does the player base think of this Raid Boss?

A very stressful Raid Boss is now over.

Many of my guild mates and many of the various founders are not able to post on the forum. It's hard to get an account approved, and now when an account is approved, the first 10? Posts will not post until a moderator decides it's worthy to be posted. So here is my attempt to get those folks heard:

I skipped the boss event after 5 tries at 20s without a drop - less stress

i had no big problems to finish the Indy quest. Be active means a lot drops on high level. Had honor to buy for low level.
    But step by step every player shows up not getting the event. some dummies never read chat. Crazy last 3 days. And make it fair to use the donated orbs was the biggest challenge ever for a founder this time.

I'm glad that I have stocked orbs for a long time, this RB sucks. Still got 60 million honor but goes fast down with idiotic quests like this.

I, too, carried millions in Honor for a long time. Then, the Big GREE offered fairly decent Army Units in the Store for Honor, so I took 'em up on it. Of course, now those Units no longer 'make' my Army, so I'm S.O.L.

I used 14M honor for my guild

I have quite a few guildmates burnt all their orbs merely got themselves Indy done or still needing the last piece.

Guild mates have bought orbs also.. This event is terrible on the amount of orbs. As we all know.

If only the Big GREE would listen to the Player base. Instead, they tell us...through their mouthpiece...that we were too stupid to realize that an Event requiring vast amounts of Honor was coming our way.

What I know about Deep Roots quest is that I can't be on GM for 5 days. Overwhelmed!!
    AND we have no orbs!
    And no time to play

I never thought I would say this but I would rather have a box event. It's easier and less time consuming

I am retired and am spending most of my time Inviting. What a debacle!

I spent all day yesterday summoning bosses for people. Plus, I was trying to get some stuff done in RL. RL stuff suffered a great deal. Hell, I did some of this while I was on vacay. It's starting to feel like a full time job.

I am very dissatisfied with this event. It seems as though now I must compete with my guild mates. Then I have to work and find that the few who can summon are spending all and will most likely finish. Not trying to be a whiney ***** but walk a mile in these shoes. I bet I'm not the only one that feels this way
    Purple Squirrel

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    I just asked in 3 GroupMe rooms for peeps to post what they thought of this Raid Boss event:

It was a major pain in the ass!!
    It required too many orbs to finish. The drop rate for the orbs was the worst it has ever been.
    I'm glad that they tried to do something different with it but it wasn't thought out.

NOT ENOUGH orbs!! I guess if anyone is active enough they could finish easily, but there were so few orbs, many people gave up trying. Same thing goes for killing lower bosses, it was like a barbeque party for the poor, takes a VERY fast wifi or internet connection to be the lucky one to hit a boss

Would be an improvement if the units came from bosses that required multiple hits rather than 20 and 35 that can be taken out with one hit

Gree should have had better drop rate on orbs and at the very least should have awarded players free orbs like they have done in the past. I liked the Indy part once I understood what it was about

I do actually like the idea of an individual RB, but please please please adjust the orb drop rate, and maybe make it so that you can summon multiple bosses of a certain level

Would have been cool if we had more orbs to work with. agreed drop rate was horrible. Avg about 6-10 orbs from a whole energy bar doesnt cut it

We would have enjoyed it x10 more if we had enough orbs to call up bosses for everyone

We used up over 28,000 Orbs - which cost many many millions in Honor and will take another year to recoup.

Many in my guild used used 90% of their honor on units/ gear prior to the rb so they were left with **** farming.
    And what are we supposed to do for the next RB if orbs are scarce?

Lobbing a Zero off the Honor cost of Orbs would be a good (easy!) start...

Usually they just do an orb drop to everyone which I was hoping for in vain

50% chance for the unit needed is 1 out of 2. Not 1 out of 10.

Indi part was good however it should be started with killing lvl50 or above.
    Too much orbs needed and to much frustration in guild for killing lvl20's

the idea of the quest wasn't bad to me. Maybe a better orb drop rate would be nice.
    And if they can change the drops to higher bossses that would help. A level 100 some player can share all the one hit kills took crazy amount of orbs.
    Also 5000 honor for 1 orb is pretty outrageous
    Or make bosses less orbs to summon
    Lots ways to solve this issue.

Use loot from higher level bosses for prizes, that way more peeps can get a drop from each boss.

I agree, the concept of this new wrinkle was good. It was the execution that stunk. Lots more Orbs were definitely in order, and several good suggestions have been made along those lines. Moving the item drop requirements to higher-level Bosses would help. But the biggest thing that sticks in my craw is having been told that I was essentially stupid for not knowing that the Big GREE was gonna roll out an Event that needed a mountain of Honor.
    Purple Squirrel

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Gree, the peeps who post here on the forum are only the tip of the iceberg. 90% of your player base can't post here.

Almost all of the complaints / suggestions involve the orb shortage.

You didn't listen during the event, maybe you can listen now before the next RB is put together.
    Purple Squirrel

Post Count
    Overall the addition of the guild and individual deep roots format was interesting. I wouldnt mind seeing it again but the biggest problem was orbs. We didn't have a 1/4 of what we needed. Luckily we had several members that procrstinated spending their honor on units and they carried a heavy load keeping stocked so any of our members that wanted to complete the individual event could.

While we survived i can see where the lack of orbs could cause in guild fighting over who gets to do individual and who doesn't and thats not good. The teams and friends we have develpoed over the years is the only thing that keeps a lot of people coming back. Drive a wedge through that and you might as well shut it down. Pleaseeeeeeeeee do some thing about the orb drop or target all levels where multiple people can hit have an opportunity at a drop and try again.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Raid boss... Shortage of orbs

Quote Originally Posted by Jnsolberg View Post
    Gree, the peeps who post here on the forum are only the tip of the iceberg. 90% of your player base can't post here.

Almost all of the complaints / suggestions involve the orb shortage.

You didn't listen during the event, maybe you can listen now before the next RB is put together.

Totally agree with you.. Ppl were left scrambling for orbs.. It's a nice idea to the Raid Boss ONLY if there's a Better drop rate on Orbs from the maps... 2590 energy I think I was able to get maybe 7 orbs... That's a complete waste of my time and energy.. WE NEED A BETTER DROP RATE ON ORBS!!!

But this forum is not paid attn to by them at Gree...its been ages since we had ANY consistent response from them...

There many things that need fixing... The game lags seriously bad.. And I DON'T Want to hear "uninstall and re-install... Or close app out, swipe app up and all other apps running in the back ground" all that stuff DOES NOT WORK! we've ALL tried all hose things hour after hour, day after day, week after week and so on and so on.

VIRAL AMY OR ALEX or what ever that name is.. While you are a really nice person to talk to.. You haven't really offered anything to us from the Gree ppl? They have you here monitoring the forum for ppl getting out of hand.. Or Cursing etc. but really.. How much contact do you actually have with those ppl ? Far as I can see... They do not care what the customer wants

Which is why I stopped complaining here.. I only posted this for two reasons... 1 - to just agree with Purple Squirrel... That we have hardly any orbs for the boss event..

2 - you say your a player? But you never complain about the problems that 90% of players complain about... So I have to believe you are a Gree employee and Not a player like we are.. Otherwise you'd have more of an understanding from a players perspective on how frustrating they're ruining a Great great game... The EB event was awesome at 50 kills... Not bad at 100 kills.. But now SERIOUSLY STUPID at 150 kills AND THEN legendary... RB was awesome with 33/33 levels and then it was changed and changed again and now changed yet again to include Indy portion to it... It's an ok idea.. But they decreased the orb drop rate... Every 5 steps forward.. We fall back 15 steps ! It's repetitive week after week.. Which is why I hardly Come on anymore... If I do? Now it's just to read the complaints and just pass time... Everything here falls on deaf ears... And please don't tell me it doesn't. Because if it didn't? Then this game would of been fixed long ago
    Last edited by Amelio; 03-16-2016 at 05:53 PM.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Some more comments:

Also, it would be better if the new orb dorp would start after the old RB ended. Now, if you do individual quest, there are no orbs dropping!

If the item drop requirements were moved to higher-level Bosses, perhaps more Guilds/Players would be incentivized to carry on with the RB Event.

Also note
    The early orb drops are a different color and don't count in our inventory... What's up with that?

Legendary EB was not even attempted by almost all and that is historically a very high source of orbs.
    Purple Squirrel

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Reaction to this thread in the Founder's room:

Well done, Purple!

Great post Purple

Thanks Purple

thanks to give our feedback to Gree

Ty Purple

Thank you for u very much, Purple!

Nice job Purple

Ty purple.

Max thanks, Purple.
    (I'm one of the many who cant post.

Thank you Purple! Very well done - if that gets you banned...it's likely to be a mutiny

Nicely done! And if you get sent to the bench, I will join you there. Standing down from the game for as long as a ban might last sounds about right.

Very Well said purple

Good job purple
    I hope they don't put you in the naughty corner with me

Btw, I read the forum daily.
    Thank you purple squirrel for your input there and the support for the KA players community

Awesome posts purp!

Yes, well said by all and thank you for posting for all of us

Purple squirrel strikes again! Awesome forum post!

Remember, this post is from all the KA players who are unable to post. The Silent Majority needs to be heard!
    Purple Squirrel

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Can't say anything extra that has not already been said, everyone covered the problems with the event. Gree on behalf of our player base, How will you solve this major problem before the next raid boss?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    The start time of these events still disadvantages EU players, and those further East. I'm usually asleep for the start so would have no chance of getting an early start on the indi quest. Same goes for just about every event.

I appreciate that any start time disadvantages someone but it's a bit nuts starting anything by Pacific Time. Many of you players are asleep when they start

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    This is a post from someone who can't post here on the forum.

It's not just the orb drop rate that was a problem it was also the late start to the orb drop. Additionally the honour payout for hitting mobs etc does not match the evolution of the game. As soon as large honour stashes could actually be used for something many players cashed in a years worth, or more. In the weeks or month since I stopped buying units with honour, my supply had only returned to about 250 000. That was only enough for 50 orbs and that was only enough to summon a level 20 boss 4 times! Gree needs to increase honour payouts by a factor of 10.
    Purple Squirrel

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    My 2 cents :
    Not enough orbs -(a given)
    Liked the idea of the Indy and guild quests prize drop rate seemingly off - the 50% was more like 80% but I see grees thinking considering the 5/5 Indy reward was epic boss attack increase .
    Does this mean epic boss health will be raised considerably ??
    1/2 toons didn't get the 5/5 Indy , he was left with 4/5 units a real bummer . Over all , it was just a little too long

Lurker
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Well said.
    Thanks Purple.

What was the feedback from the Beta testers on the changes to RB?

Lurker
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    I've probably killed 50 mobs since the last raid boss ended, but can't seem to get an orb to drop.
    When are the next set of orbs going to start dropping?

Post Count
    This truly was one of the worst events ever. Must have been a display error.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    overall I liked the new RB event

BUT

most of our guild used up all the honor they had left to buy orbs, if GREE does not provide us ways to get more orbs by next event we won't have enough honor left to buy orbs for everyone