GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blighted Oak: New Additions to Raid Boss

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    doing EB heroic was a good way to get orbs, pretty sure the people who did EB heroic this time can be counted on the fingers of 1 hand...

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post
    Thanks for clarifying that

Pardon me for being honest here, but if you (meaning anybody) spent all of your HP on other stuff, that's the breaks.
    It's just like any other limited item in the game, like gold for example... I'd sound pretty rediculous if I posted, "I spent all my gold on the LTB upgrade, but now I have no gold for my Manor upgrades! Do something, GREE!!" KWIM?

Gotta go PvP for more HP! Good luck!
    The problem here is that in the past the most amount of orbs we ever needed was @ 9000. This time we nee triple that, and we have less orbs than normal because EB was so difficult that almost no one even attempted Legendary (where you get 200 orbs).

As far doing PvP for honor goes, it takes 500,000 honor to buy 100 orbs. How much PvP would I have to do to earn enough honor to get 500 orbs?
    Last edited by Jnsolberg; 03-11-2016 at 12:58 PM.
    Purple Squirrel

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Players should not need to plan for massive unexpected shifts in the game, and Gree should not want to put players in this position. When Raid Boss costs 3X the amount it has ever cost (over several years), and this is combined with a massive increase in EB legendary difficulty, which was a primary orb source, you have an expected recipe for disaster. Suggesting players can just spend 60K energy (8 orbs per 1000 per your test) is a little strange, It is in Gree's interest not to chase players away from the game. Pardon me for being honest....

BTW, Your example is a complete straw man. Any player buying an LTB upgrade will know that the money is not there for another upgrade as that is how the game works. In this case, Gree made a huge change in how the game works. I hope you can see the distinction.
    Last edited by Jomama1; 03-11-2016 at 01:06 PM.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Why doesn't Gree just tell us what the upcoming events are months in advance so we can plan not to spend honor points. Then we don't get moderators insinuating that one of the most dedicating player in KA was stupid for spending his honor points he had been collecting for years since there was nothing good to buy with them.

Post Count
    like most I have spent most of my honor to buy units - nothing bad about that. Normally I collect around 400-500 Orbs in a cycle (LTQ and legendary Epic Boss) - this time I had around 250, same for most in my guild. Legendary Epic Boss was far too expensive this time, so I skipped it like most which results in less gems.
    The change in RB is a good idea - but collecting a drop from bosses that are killed with 1 QA on the first 2 stages (1/5 and 2/5) simply demands to much orbs.
    Result: some try to farm them on their own while the rest of the guild works on the guild part - those that work on the guild part get angry.... fun for the guild in this event is gone - and this is simply bad for the game.

Everyone would need around 250-300 additional gems to be able to work on the indi-part of the Raid Boss. If gree wants us to like the new event we should get some orbs to be able to play
    Last edited by Lord Vyper; 03-11-2016 at 01:30 PM.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomama1 View Post
    In this case, Gree made a huge change in how the game works.
    This is the main issue I see. Yes we can spend Honor to buy orbs. But at the same time we haven't needed to for many many cycles, so why would I hoard my honor and not spend it? The fundamental change in EB, which is where at least a third of my guild gets the majority of our orbs from, is what is causing issues. If Gree hadn't changed EB but did this RB quest than I think there would be a lot less grumbling from the masses. Essentially we have 2 of the most fun Gree event's that have been made almost impossible for many people to complete at least in the quest entirety. I'm just trying to say that maybe some orbs given by Gree would go a long way to increasing customer happiness.
    Because if your going to be a flinko, might as well be blue.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Thanks for clarifying that

Pardon me for being honest here, but if you (meaning anybody) spent all of your HP on other stuff, that's the breaks.
    It's just like any other limited item in the game, like gold for example... I'd sound pretty rediculous if I posted, "I spent all my gold on the LTB upgrade, but now I have no gold for my Manor upgrades! Do something, GREE!!" KWIM?

Gotta go PvP for more HP! Good luck!
    Be honest ! It takes Months and Months to collect enough honor to fund the orb deficit. With a reply like "that's the breaks." Really!!! Not a very professional or thoughtful answer. "Just giving my honest opinion." We can see this event was not thought out very well in the development stage!!!! I have not seen complaints about gold!!! Just limited orbs!!! Please stay on subject!!!! Please issue more orbs because amounts are not sufficient . Guilds are idle because orbs are scarce!!!!! Make it kind of boring!!! Hmmmm....maybe I will play another game instead!!!!Not that hard of a delema to figure out!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnsolberg View Post
    The problem here is that in the past the most amount of orbs we ever needed was @ 9000. This time we nee triple that, and we have less orbs than normal because EB was so difficult that almost no one even attempted Legendary (where you get 200 orbs).

As far doing PvP for honor goes, it takes 500,000 honor to buy 100 orbs. How much PvP would I have to do to earn enough honor to get 500 orbs?
    lol, I think you're smart enough to figure that out.
    These are choices one needs to make on their own. We know the developers like to switch things up!

Remember that goal tree a long, long time ago where we had to buy several specific units with HP? I had just spent a lot of my HP on something else, probably units, just before that "event" was launched. I was short HP & a bit PO'ed, but I didn't blame GREE. I wished I hadn't just spent most of my HP and PvP'ed like crazy to recoup it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jomama1 View Post
    Players should not need to plan for massive unexpected shifts in the game, and Gree should not want to put players in this position. When Raid Boss costs 3X the amount it has ever cost (over several years), and this is combined with a massive increase in EB legendary difficulty, which was a primary orb source, you have an expected recipe for disaster. Suggesting players can just spend 60K energy (8 orbs per 1000 per your test) is a little strange, It is in Gree's interest not to chase players away from the game. Pardon me for being honest....

BTW, Your example is a complete straw man. Any player buying an LTB upgrade will know that the money is not there for another upgrade as that is how the game works. In this case, Gree made a huge change in how the game works. I hope you can see the distinction.
    First off, I welcome honesty.

Secondly, it sure is a little strange that you would spin my orb drop rate into spending 60k energy, come on now. I never, even remotely suggested that a player should use 60k energy. lol, let's keep some perspective that most are in a 60-member guild and share the responsibility for donations, please.

Lastly, straw man fallicy? I don't think so, but nice try.
    Maybe I would have wanted to upgrade my Manors instead of the LTB? I didn't know they would launch a new type of LTB goal chain for Manors or I would have saved my gold for that!
    My hypothetical scenario still holds water whether it be gold or HP. Besides, everybody knows they need to buy orbs or earn them thru PvE/EB for RB. Many choose not to do EB, so no orbs, right? You all knew you were choosing not to earn orbs thru the EB event, tbh.
    Some spent HP on units, now they don't have HP for orbs. It's part of the game! Maybe some guilds are not meant to finish RB and that is why they upped the orb requirement; IDK, just guessing. Again, it is part of the game that things will be unexpected... go with it or don't, but blaming GREE or acting entitled doesn't help your position that orbs are in short supply... honestly and with all due respect.

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    lol, I think you're smart enough to figure that out.
    These are choices one needs to make on their own. We know the developers like to switch things up!

Remember that goal tree a long, long time ago where we had to buy several specific units with HP? I had just spent a lot of my HP on something else, probably units, just before that "event" was launched. I was short HP & a bit PO'ed, but I didn't blame GREE. I wished I hadn't just spent most of my HP and PvP'ed like crazy to recoup it.

First off, I welcome honesty.

Secondly, it sure is a little strange that you would spin my orb drop rate into spending 60k energy, come on now. I never, even remotely suggested that a player should use 60k energy. lol, let's keep some perspective that most are in a 60-member guild and share the responsibility for donations, please.

Lastly, straw man fallicy? I don't think so, but nice try.
    Maybe I would have wanted to upgrade my Manors instead of the LTB? I didn't know they would launch a new type of LTB goal chain for Manors or I would have saved my gold for that!
    My hypothetical scenario still holds water whether it be gold or HP. Besides, everybody knows they need to buy orbs or earn them thru PvE/EB for RB. Many choose not to do EB, so no orbs, right? You all knew you were choosing not to earn orbs thru the EB event, tbh.
    Some spent HP on units, now they don't have HP for orbs. It's part of the game! Maybe some guilds are not meant to finish RB and that is why they upped the orb requirement; IDK, just guessing. Again, it is part of the game that things will be unexpected... go with it or don't, but blaming GREE or acting entitled doesn't help your position that orbs are in short supply... honestly and with all due respect.
    We did not choose to not do EB Heroic...............GREEdy made that choice for us by making the Health 600k
    the amount of gems the mayority of players (except for the 2 or 3 that finish due to very high stat/regen and gems) would have had needed 3 or 4 mountaing of gem to finish

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Moderator is right. This can all be solved by just using more gems to buy more energy to hit mobs on maps.

Quit your complaining. Just spend $1,000 dollars to finish everything in this boss event. That's how gree has changed the game.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    And what's wrong with bombarding with tickets? If it's OK for Gree to jack up the amount of cash it takes to finish quests, why is it not OK for us to bombard Gree with tickets to voice our displeasure?

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Evidently it's common sense to know that after having millions and millions of honor points built up for years that we should need them now. Vile your point on Gree Liking to change things up is so off base its not even funny. We still have EB, HRB, box events, mob events - the names and prizes change but the events stay very stagnant. I am happy to see an addition but to say we should know better on not spending honor points is an outrageous claim. We have collected them for years with nothing to do with them.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Orbs are desperately needed. It's getting ugly. You want to kill the guilds and pit guildmates against each other. This is the way to do it.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Wow....I have an answer....focus on the guild quest first....always first. The entire team gets stronger. In general the awards are better....then there is no fighting over orbs. There are always choices....ours was guild first. While I realize there is a guild portion to the individual questline....we chose to stick with what we know and are continuing now through the heroic questline. After seeing the posts here on the individual questline....looks like we made the right choice.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Ummmm everyone already finished normal and Heroic quest chain hours ago. Obviously that is first. We are talking about the guild quest part which needs 60 people to finish all 5/5 levels of individual to finish the guild quest. Which need insane amount of orbs. Insane