Blighted Oak: New Additions to Raid Boss - Page 4

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Blighted Oak: New Additions to Raid Boss

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Ummmmmm not everyone has finished heroic, congrats to those who did. We will happily continue working our way through heroic & continue ignoring the Indy/guild line.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Vile,

- my 60K was simple math on what is need to get 500 orbs based on your test earlier. That is the average needed for each member.

-but honestly I can't believe you are playing this game at any sort of high level, maybe fooling around in a retirement guild as you seem to be out of touch with the experience of more serious players. It's to nobody's advantage when more players quit out of frustration. Please look at the average CP score of top ten over last 6 months and you will see what is happening.

-why do you feel you must reflexively protect gree? even the most ardent posters here will give gree credit when they do the right thing, but you appear to see them as incapable of doing no wrong. Just entitled players right. We are the ones paying to play a game we are supposed to enjoy if Gree wants us to keep paying. Ironically I think your attitude actually hurts Gree, who you are clearly trying to protect.

Just food for thought.
    Last edited by Jomama1; 03-13-2016 at 06:34 PM.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomama1 View Post
    Vile,

- my 60K was simple math on what s need to get 500 orbs based on your test earlier. That is the average needed for each member.

-but honestly I can't believe you are playing this game at any sort of high level, maybe fooling around in a retirement guild as you seem to be out of touch with the experience of more serious players. It's to nobody's advantage when more players uit out of frustration. Please look at the average CP score of top ten over last 6 months and you will see what is happening.

-why do you feel you must reflexively protect gree? even the most ardent posters here will give gree credit when they do the right thing, but you appear to see them as incapable of doing no wrong. Just entitled players right. We are the ones paying to play a game we are supposed to enjoy if Gree wants us to keep paying. Ironically I think your attitude actually hurts Gree, who you are clearly trying to protect.

Just food or thought.
    Well said, and I totally agree!
    Purple Squirrel

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I also think the orb drop has been reduced. I began hitting the heroic Indy quest for orbs and in 33 hits on mobs, I gained 7 orbs. Clearly, not enough people complete the heroic quests at individual levels; me included. This is due to the horrendous xp and also, the amount of gems which would be needed to complete it, so the lack of orbs gained in EB means we must resort to Indy mob quests, to get us to spend gems this way, and of course, if we don't like it, it's hard cheese! By reducing orb drops and expecting players to 'second guess' spending honour, which is just plain stupid, people are having to complete quests they've no interest in, in order to help the separate RB guild event. Coupled with the players, who only wish to help themselves in RB, rather than the guild, I will be glad when this event is done. It used to be my favourite event. Now, it's probably my least favourite; along with those infernal and constant boxes!
    Last edited by Frostpocket; 03-13-2016 at 06:05 AM.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostpocket View Post
    I also think the orb drop has been reduced. I began hitting the heroic Indy quest for orbs and in 33 hits on mobs, I gained 7 orbs. Clearly, not enough people complete the heroic quests at individual levels; me included. This is due to the horrendous xp and also, the amount of gems which would be needed to complete it, so the lack of orbs gained in EB means we must resort to Indy mob quests, to get us to spend gems this way, and of course, if we don't like it, it's hard cheese! By reducing orb drops and expecting players to 'second guess' spending honour, which is just plain stupid, people are having to complete quests they've no interest in, in order to help the separate RB guild event. Coupled with the players, who only wish to help themselves in RB, rather than the guild, I will be glad when this event is done. It used to be my favourite event. Now, it's probably my least favourite; along with those infernal and constant boxes!

Even if we saved all our honor for this event, what do we do for the next RB when all our honor is gone?
    Purple Squirrel

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnsolberg View Post
    Even if we saved all our honor for this event, what do we do for the next RB when all our honor is gone?
    Having a 5-day KA holiday..

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post
    lol, I think you're smart enough to figure that out.
    These are choices one needs to make on their own. We know the developers like to switch things up!
    Sigh. i think that is not the point. The point is that game players are retiring in droves because of this decision making. I am glad that the developers like it; however, the larger point is that the game base does not. The point the MULTIPLE authors are making here is that these decisions are impacting the gameplay negatively, which is impacting the bottom line for the company. It seems that if they want to make more money, they would listen to the market and not simply repeat things because 'the developers like to switch things up!"

Remember that goal tree a long, long time ago where we had to buy several specific units with HP? I had just spent a lot of my HP on something else, probably units, just before that "event" was launched. I was short HP & a bit PO'ed, but I didn't blame GREE. I wished I hadn't just spent most of my HP and PvP'ed like crazy to recoup it.
    See previous point. Again, you are positing that the micro-decision is valid because it represents 'management discretion.' The litany of posts on this and similar topics suggest that the issue is not about whether or not this individual decision was bad (although, let me relieve any suspense: it was); rather, the question at hand is macro-decision making framework employed by gree leadership, and the ultimate impact it is having on game play, retention, spending, and new membership.

Secondly, it sure is a little strange that you would spin my orb drop rate into spending 60k energy, come on now. I never, even remotely suggested that a player should use 60k energy. lol, let's keep some perspective that most are in a 60-member guild and share the responsibility for donations, please.
    Please show the math that proves this works for a guild of 60 active people, who have been playing the game thoughtfully and fully and started this event with zero orbs. If you choose to complicate the narrative with "well... they shouldn't have spent their previous honor..." then I will ask that you circle back to the previous two points, understand that is not the issue at hand, and actually try to answer my question.

Lastly, straw man fallicy? I don't think so, but nice try.
    I actually agree with you here. You did not offer a straw man--there was no attempt at fallacy. What you did, in my opinion, perhaps more cleverly, was offer a well-couched red-herring. Let me not address the years of bad decision making and attempt of the player base to improve the game and let me, instead, focus on 1) how mathematically it may be possible and 2) it is their fault, as players, for not being anticipatory of the whims of great greecian (see what I did there!?) Oz behind the curtain. Kudos to you for this brilliant bit of word-smithery.

Post Count
    Please don't repeat this quest any more,to much work for one event.
    No orbs,not possible to finish individual part of the quest,we had raid boss normal,raid boss hero,raid boss guild part collect units 1/5
    And individual part,this was stressing event without any joy..
    Please don't repeat it any more,people are retiering because you are making it as work.Game should be fun and not work
    [FK] TITAN

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DragCro View Post
    No orbs,not possible to finish individual part of the quest,we had raid boss normal,raid boss hero,raid boss guild part collect units 1/5
    Please don't repeat it any more,people are retiering because you are making it as work.Game should be fun and not work

I agree wholeheartedly.

But, if Gree was to triple or quadruple the number of orbs available to us, or to reduce the orb cost for each boss, then this event had some pretty nice boosts.

As the quest is for this event, it stinks. Please don't do the RB like this again. Why is it that Gree wants to stress out thier players? Why?
    Last edited by Jnsolberg; 03-15-2016 at 01:17 PM.
    Purple Squirrel

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnsolberg View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly.

But, if Gree was to triple or quadruple the number of orbs available to us, or to recuse the orb cost for each boss, then this event had some pretty nice boosts.

As the quest is for this event, it stinks. Please don't do the RB like this again. Why is it that Gree wants to stress out thier players? Why?
    many have stated that this could be a "social experiment"......................take your guess

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I have stated several times it's an experiment. Once you hook someone in a game by having them pay money, they stay with it because of the need to protect their investment. See how far they can screw you before you just quit.

So many pay so much for a game where the developer finds different ways to turn right around and screw them.

It's pretty amazing.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DragCro View Post
    Please don't get me wrong when I add to this post....first....I appreciate trying new things but ....orbs have always been a resource that had no use except for guild events. Now with an individual component thrown in and less drops....it caused dissension and infighting among a normally very cohesive group of people. Individuals were sneaking bosses after others had generously bought & donated orbs with honor. I had no option but to remove officer status from those that were calling bosses for individual gain. This caused another round of angry words and arguments. This event was extremely stressful as stated. I agree....do not do this again with the limited orbs that were provided. I realize the coding might be terribly complex but it would have been better to have a separate orb specific to individuals that they could use from their own inventories to call bosses for their individual questline. Please do not rip apart our functioning guilds by repeating this event next cycle.

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    It made us think and was something new - it wasn't that bad of an event - great rewards

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunagirl View Post
    It made us think and was something new - it wasn't that bad of an event - great rewards
    I think most of us would have liked this event if it was changed:

More orbs
    Higher level bosses for the drops
    Lower number of orbs needed to summon a boss.

Any one of those things would have made this an enjoyable event