The Bigger 4 Redundant? Upgrades from the Big 4?

I've recently returned to the game and in the past the bigger 4 was the way to go until you could farm epic boss+ armours. But going through the map now, stages drop materials to craft legendaries (poor in comparison to epic boss but still better than 3+s).

So does this mean the old bigger 4 is pointless? Is there a new bigger 4 made up of legendaries?

Which armours would people recommend to farm after the big 4, to bridge the gap between those and farming plus versions of the epic boss armour? I was looking at Jians Battlegear as a better version for Swamp Shaman Robes, one cof the former bigger 4.

what is the big 4?

I feel like I have a bit of experience with this. I played for a few months a couple years ago, like Oct 2013-Feb 2014 or so, and then started back up again last Nov. When I first started playing, I remember the bigger 4 being obsolete, however the big 4 were still a useful starting point at that time. Nowadays, I'd say even the big 4 are completely useless. I'd say maybe make one of them when you're level 1-20 or so. But EB armors at level 1 are now better than big 4 armor finish at. Hell, they're basically equivalent to what a bigger 4 finishes at. I wouldn't bother with legendaries either.

Just try to level up as quick as you can, that will make your friends stronger when you use them. Level up enough and you'll be able to beat the level 15 eb without any armor and just friends. So do that and try to join a guild getting at least top 200 in raids and wars. You're basically leaching, but whatever. You'll get a decent armor for your level from that as well. Once you can manage to get your hands on something that will max at over 4k combined stats (that isn't a mono element armor), feel free to put your resources into maxing that and level up to 100 as quick as you can.
    iOS

You can get the "Big 4" as arena milestone rewards. My suggestion would be to spend 25 gems on the weekly dragonforged chest. I have an android account I mess with when I'm bored, and I got a Gunslinger's Trappings + from a chest, with starting combined stats over 2K. The B4 are no longer as useful as they once were, even for beginners, since they changed the monsters in the story map stages. Whereas, for example, the Relic Ruins only had earth element monsters, on the epic stage the main boss is Medusa, which previously you didn't encounter until Skeleton's Tomb. The main boss on Skeleton's Tomb epic stage is now a spirit/air monster (can't remember it's name). The Bigger 4 aren't much help either, so I would either go with opening chests in the hopes of getting something good, or follow hoticehunter's advice.
    Retired. Guild still active and recruiting.
    Recruitment Thread: http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...86#post1550586

I opened some of the step chests on one of my alts and got three or four epic+ in a row. Got two regular epics on another alt. All of them recent. If you open the first two or three of the step chests you'll get decent legendaries and epic to get you going. You can get around 20 gems a day from watching videos so you should be set fairly quickly. After you open the first two/three chests in the step chest you can move to the DF chest until next week I guess. Also, do anything you can for enchanted/dp keys since you can get 4* bling from those.
    no

Hey guys, I'm back. But seriously, why have 7 Star Armors come out already? It's only been like 3-4 months since I was gone.

Quote Originally Posted by xWolfSlayerx View Post
    Hey guys, I'm back. But seriously, why have 7 Star Armors come out already? It's only been like 3-4 months since I was gone.
    I'm assuming you are talking about the Shadowforged armors? Apparently Gree needed to speed up the cash flow for this game, since the only guaranteed way to get the pieces is to be T10 in guild events, and you have to spend gems to get the silver coins to max the ascension.

Welcome back, WolfSlayerx!

That's a good question! I guess it's one of those developer mystery things... maybe it is motivated by gem sales, but that IS how they pay the bills. I'm just speculating, but it might be for newer players who missed out the first time, too. Or maybe they just wanted to release more 7 Star Armors because they can, heh!

Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post
    Welcome back, WolfSlayerx!

That's a good question! I guess it's one of those developer mystery things... maybe it is motivated by gem sales, but that IS how they pay the bills. I'm just speculating, but it might be for newer players who missed out the first time, too. Or maybe they just wanted to release more 7 Star Armors because they can, heh!
    I feel like this is an automated GREE employee messag, lol.

I feel like this is an automated GREE employee messag, lol.
    lol, as IF!

I think the main idea behind the introduction of SF armors was to make the game better!

Quote Originally Posted by Adisty View Post
    You can get the "Big 4" as arena milestone rewards.
    Just a nitpick, but the big and bigger 4 refer specifically to the + versions of the armor, not the regular versions, so you can't get big 4 from arena milestones.
    iOS

True, but at least it makes it easier for them to get the plus version. They can bypass crafting a non-plus version by getting it from the arena, and leveling it enough to craft the plus version.