DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zalora The Venomous: Changes to Epic Boss

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post
    There is a third source.... gold sales to pay for hits if they don't gem hit
    I thought of that one, but discard it due to

Remember that buying gold is based on a % of your IPH or Level or something like that, so I think only high level players would get "lots" of gold on a purchase, BUT

1- Any top player (or long time player) would have no need for it as they IPH would be high enough and they would save a few hundred million for EB (My IPH is not that great, but I have on hand 200m+ gold)

2- I think it would actually be cheaper to get gems and use 5 gems per hit, intead of buying gold and using gold hits

But yes, that is another potential source of revenues, same as buying gems to use gem hits on EB

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post
    There is a third source.... gold sales to pay for hits if they don't gem hit
    Sorry, I just can't let this one go.
    Have you ever played this game?
    Why would anyone spend real cash to buy gold? You might as well use 5 gems to equal 3 gold hits and save a lot of time.
    Better yet, raid for it.

Personally, if I'm able to complete it, I will do it with gold hits. I have enough to probably finish, but I don't think I will spend any gems. It will depend on the health of the last few bosses. Plus I'm not sure I want to be a slave to timers for the last few days, lol

Just found out that boss 143 has 326,009 health. That's an increase of @ 60k in just 2 levels.

I'll go as high as I can, but won't finish.
    143). 326,009
    Last edited by Jnsolberg; 03-03-2016 at 02:59 PM.
    Purple Squirrel

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnsolberg View Post
    Sorry, I just can't let this one go.
    Have you ever played this game?
    Why would anyone spend real cash to buy gold? You might as well use 5 gems to equal 3 gold hits and save a lot of time.
    Better yet, raid for it.

Personally, if I'm able to complete it, I will do it with gold hits. I have enough to probably finish, but I don't think I will spend any gems. It will depend on the health of the last few bosses. Plus I'm not sure I want to be a slave to timers for the last few days, lol
    Yes, Purple Squirrel, I have played KA since day 1 and still play. Please quit asking me that. It sounds rude & dismissive, and there's no need for that here.

I have, in fact, bought gold, and I know of others who have bought gold for hits when time didn't allow for raiding and gems ran short.

KA has players from all over the world, with all different backgrounds and opinions. No two players are alike. Please have an open mind & show some tolerance for other players who may not share the same view as you or play the same way you play. Thank you.
    Line ID: clementine88

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by IPassButter View Post
    My Lieges!

We would like to let you know about some changes we have made regarding the upcoming Epic Boss event: Zalora the Venomous. Most players will find it easier to progress further into the event as boss health is lower than previous Epic Boss events until the later levels. We have also lowered the cost of power attack to 5 gems. To adjust for the lowered boss health some of the goal requirements have been raised.

Thanks for your participation and good luck in hunting down Zalora the Venomous!
    136 = 162,071
    141 = 266,999
    143 = 326,009

and is nearly impossible now...
    and no.... I don't think that many player think it is easier now. It should at least be possible to finish normal mode - but it is no longer for most player, making the event uninteresting. Most player will concentrate on the guild part - being frustrated that they have no more chance to finish normal. You should not forget that there are a lot of player that are willing to spend a few gems if they see a chance - but with this boss health there is none for most of us.
    And yes, I agree that there should be a big group finishing normal - legendary might be reserved for a few - but not normal
    Last edited by Lord Vyper; 03-03-2016 at 03:07 PM.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Well I will be passing on this one

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Vyper View Post
    136 = 162,071
    141 = 266,999
    143 = 326,009

and is nearly impossible now...
    and no.... I don't think that many player think it is easier now. It should at least be possible to finish normal mode - but it is no longer for most player, making the event uninteresting. Most player will concentrate on the guild part - being frustrated that they have no more chance to finish normal. You should not forget that there are a lot of player that are willing to spend a few gems if they see a chance - but with this boss health there is none for most of us.
    And yes, I agree that there should be a big group finishing normal - legendary might be reserved for a few - but not normal
    143). 326,009
    149). 593,479
    150). 655,795

1/10 legendary is kill a 150 in 20 minutes.
    I'm guessing that 9/10 must be kill a boss in 2 minutes. How is that even possible? Even with gem hits, I would still need 16 gem hits.

Unbelievable.
    Purple Squirrel

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by IPassButter View Post
    My Lieges!

We would like to let you know about some changes we have made regarding the upcoming Epic Boss event: Zalora the Venomous. Most players will find it easier to progress further into the event as boss health is lower than previous Epic Boss events until the later levels. We have also lowered the cost of power attack to 5 gems. To adjust for the lowered boss health some of the goal requirements have been raised.

Thanks for your participation and good luck in hunting down Zalora the Venomous!
    IPB, thanks for the heads up.
    I'm not sure which levels were lower, but last EB boss 150 had @ 55k health.
    The higher levels are insane, with 149 = 593,479 and 150 = 655,795
    The gem hit dropping to 5 gems was a good move, 25 gems for 3x a gold hit was nuts. (I just don't want to have to do 16 of them on one boss)

That being said, there are good reasons to do at least some of EB.

EB 03/03/16

55 kills, 1% Beast attack
    85 kills, 2% Machine attack
    100 kills, 3% Infantry defense (4 free hits for me)

54). 15,996
    81). 27,018
    101). 33,609

Even though the boss' health over level 131 is crazy, there are some easy boosts to be had.
    Purple Squirrel

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnsolberg View Post
    IPB, thanks for the heads up.
    I'm not sure which levels were lower, but last EB boss 150 had @ 55k health.
    The higher levels are insane, with 149 = 593,479 and 150 = 655,795
    The gem hit dropping to 5 gems was a good move, 25 gems for 3x a gold hit was nuts. (I just don't want to have to do 16 of them on one boss)

That being said, there are good reasons to do at least some of EB.

EB 03/03/16

55 kills, 1% Beast attack
    85 kills, 2% Machine attack
    100 kills, 3% Infantry defense (4 free hits for me)

54). 15,996
    81). 27,018
    101). 33,609

Even though the boss' health over level 131 is crazy, there are some easy boosts to be had.
    I alwasy look at the positive side of things, I spend 2 days getting to boss 100 and then I get 4 days away (minimum log in) of KA

win win for me

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    I used to like EB, used to finish normal for free and gem to finish Legendary. Now normal is not even possible to finish unless glued to the ipad, more than 20 gold hits to get down last lvl boss is just insane.
    I am in a top guild, and most of us kill for guild. It is a shame really, because EB should be one of the best events, like RB and War.
    There are real people behind avatars!🌹

Post Count
    I finished the EB normal yesterday and am slowly working my way through legendary. Received some nice prizes with boosts from the normal part, but I have to say that the prizes through legendary are completely rubbish and none are even close to making it into my army. Gree if you want people to push on through legendary and spend a few gems then you really have to make the rewards a lot better as there is absolutely no incentive at all!!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Ditto, sent a ticket in, and having the only tech respond when the event is over. No resolution, but I wanted to provide job security.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I used to buy a mountain of gems, or more, every war cycle to complete multiple events, get stronger, and be competitive during war. My reward for spending that much was getting units and boosts that made quests a bit easier to complete compared to spending NO money. And, there was the fun of getting Heroic done. That kept me spending because I saw real progress, not only with my main profile, but with my many minis.

Now, it takes nearly a mountain of gems to complete just ONE event through Heroic. Worse yet, most of the Heroic units do not make it into my army, so the use of gems is for nothing except a handful of units, many of which are worse than those in the Normal portion. So, I reduced my spending until the equipment packs came along. At least with EB, the packs helped me complete the event, with the addition of much more time required.

This is not the way to keep players spending OR encourage others to begin spending money. If there is only more time required and tons of frustration, fewer dollars are spent. Gree, please stop alienating the players who would be willing to spend $15 to $50 nearly every war cycle to actually see some benefits from their hard-earned money.

And as for how many should complete Heroic EB, one or two players out of the entire game is not an inducement to attempt to complete an event. 1 to 2% is a a better reflection, especially when taking statistics into account (above 2 standard deviations).

Sweet {T} aka Trillain @ GoV

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by B1RD View Post
    Crafting - Something new and exciting, which we stole from another game, made no use of it and abandoned it.

Guild Citadel - Something we say will be an added feature for guild bonuses but really doesn't matter one bit. Just another layer of nonsense. ��

Raid Boss - Let's take an event that everyone completely loved and make it one which everyone loathes. ����

Epic Boss - We try and try to make it more and more tedious, let's try it again. ����
    I have to agree; particularly with the latter two. I am at 149/150 and won't attempt any more after 150. I'm finishing the 150 because I got to 130, without horrendous effort and want to finish 150. This involves free gems. I made the decision not to invest in the event, when I read about refills being dropped along the way; not at just level 33.

The Raid Boss was my favourite event, but now, I meet it with less enthusiasm.

Whilst I agree that GREE is responding more, I feel that it's because it's doing so, because it's looking to increase revenue, rather than wishing to assist.

With reference to only one or two people winning the top prize; is this based on just how many people want to spend a lot of money, or pure elitism? Because, if it's the latter, that's rather sanctimonious. If someone wants to spend a lot of money, that's up to them. For it to be an opportunity for only the mere one or two who are 'deemed' to be the top players, well, that's rather silly, because once more, it all comes down to what a person will spend.

Thankfully, I don't spend that much

When I really don't like it any more, I will stop playing.
    Last edited by Frostpocket; 03-06-2016 at 02:20 AM.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I usually buy a few of the equipment packs each cycle. This stupid event convinced me to save my money. Or more correctly, I spent that money on a different game.
    NO MORE 6 DAY WARS!!!

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    I just saw this in a chat room:

Legendary RB
    1 - 1 in 20 mins
    2 - defeat 5 boss without escape
    3 - 1 in 15 mins
    4 - defeat 10 boss w/o escape
    5- 1 in 10 minutes
    6- defeat 20 bosses without escape
    7- 1 in 7 minutes
    8- defeat 40 bosses
    9-1 in 5 mins ( not confirmed )
    10- defeat 50 bosses

Gree, you are truly insane.

I've stopped at 130, not going to become a slave to a timer for this. A level 150 would take me 48 gold hits. Even at -81% Health Regen, I'm not sure I could do it for the 19.5 million gold it would cost
    Purple Squirrel