DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zalora The Venomous: Changes to Epic Boss

Hybrid View

Live Operations Robot IPassButter's Avatar
    Post Count

Zalora The Venomous: Changes to Epic Boss

My Lieges!

We would like to let you know about some changes we have made regarding the upcoming Epic Boss event: Zalora the Venomous. Most players will find it easier to progress further into the event as boss health is lower than previous Epic Boss events until the later levels. We have also lowered the cost of power attack to 5 gems. To adjust for the lowered boss health some of the goal requirements have been raised.

Thanks for your participation and good luck in hunting down Zalora the Venomous!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Can we get a bit more specifics on exactly what "some" of the goal requirements are?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Please tell me we don't have to kill more bosses. EB used to be fun when it was 100 bosses then legendary. 150 bosses is just too many and that's just normal. Most don't even bother since the event has been a slog. Even with lower boss health, if the kill count is still 150+, most will continue to pass on EB.

Lurker
    Post Count
    If you change things, why don't you give us a button to summon a boss? Triggering a boss is usually a hassle and NOT fun. You would get positive feedback on this. Ah and if you are already on it, get rid of the 2 min cooldown before being able to summon a new boss after killing the recent one.

Your "adjustments" is a nice thought, but I expect it will be even worse than before...

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Koad View Post
    If you change things, why don't you give us a button to summon a boss? Triggering a boss is usually a hassle and NOT fun. You would get positive feedback on this. Ah and if you are already on it, get rid of the 2 min cooldown before being able to summon a new boss after killing the recent one.

Your "adjustments" is a nice thought, but I expect it will be even worse than before...
    This is a great idea! The biggest chore with EB is summoning one. Sometimes it takes a few mob hits or PvP or raids. Sometimes it triggered, but we don't know about it until we exit the game and enter again, only to find that the EB was summoned a few minutes ago.

Many of us like EB, but 150 kills, then another 35 for Legendary was very tedious. I really don't look forward to having to kill, say 250 of them. Even with many of them one hit kills, summoning them is a big bore.
    Purple Squirrel

Post Count
    If you ever believe Gree "improves" on anything with regards to this game, then you certainly have other issues ����

Crafting - Something new and exciting, which we stole from another game, made no use of it and abandoned it.

Guild Citadel - Something we say will be an added feature for guild bonuses but really doesn't matter one bit. Just another layer of nonsense. ��

Raid Boss - Let's take an event that everyone completely loved and make it one which everyone loathes. ����

Epic Boss - We try and try to make it more and more tedious, let's try it again. ����

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by B1RD View Post
    Crafting - Something new and exciting, which we stole from another game, made no use of it and abandoned it.

Guild Citadel - Something we say will be an added feature for guild bonuses but really doesn't matter one bit. Just another layer of nonsense. ��

Raid Boss - Let's take an event that everyone completely loved and make it one which everyone loathes. ����

Epic Boss - We try and try to make it more and more tedious, let's try it again. ����
    I have to agree; particularly with the latter two. I am at 149/150 and won't attempt any more after 150. I'm finishing the 150 because I got to 130, without horrendous effort and want to finish 150. This involves free gems. I made the decision not to invest in the event, when I read about refills being dropped along the way; not at just level 33.

The Raid Boss was my favourite event, but now, I meet it with less enthusiasm.

Whilst I agree that GREE is responding more, I feel that it's because it's doing so, because it's looking to increase revenue, rather than wishing to assist.

With reference to only one or two people winning the top prize; is this based on just how many people want to spend a lot of money, or pure elitism? Because, if it's the latter, that's rather sanctimonious. If someone wants to spend a lot of money, that's up to them. For it to be an opportunity for only the mere one or two who are 'deemed' to be the top players, well, that's rather silly, because once more, it all comes down to what a person will spend.

Thankfully, I don't spend that much

When I really don't like it any more, I will stop playing.
    Last edited by Frostpocket; 03-06-2016 at 02:20 AM.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    To adjust for the lowered boss health some of the goal requirements have been raised.
    Doesn't this just reverse the 'making it easier' part? We'll just have to kill more bosses for the same rewards. While I at least appreciate the attempt to improve the boss experience I'm unconvinced that this is the change people wanted. See earlier comments regarding summoning

Live Operations Robot IPassButter's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by rutty View Post
    ... We'll just have to kill more bosses for the same rewards....
    The rewards have been improved to reflect the adjusted goal requirements.

Post Count
    Thanks for lowering the PA to 5 gems. I think the game lag already cost me a mountain for hitting those stupid buttons.

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by IPassButter View Post
    My Lieges!

We would like to let you know about some changes we have made regarding the upcoming Epic Boss event: Zalora the Venomous. Most players will find it easier to progress further into the event as boss health is lower than previous Epic Boss events until the later levels. We have also lowered the cost of power attack to 5 gems. To adjust for the lowered boss health some of the goal requirements have been raised.

Thanks for your participation and good luck in hunting down Zalora the Venomous!
    Hi IPB
    Here are a few questions regarding your post, we do appreciate you trying to communicate with us the players, but this post brings nothing but more confusion and worrying

a few questions or clarifications needed

1- "boss health is lower than previous Epic Boss events until the later levels".................. what do you really mean by this? level 100+? level 50+?
    2- "the goal requirements have been raised."..................we already have to kill 185 bosses to complete ALL goals (150 bosses for first 20 goals and 35 bosses for 10 more goals) .................... so are we gona have..........
    A)- Same 30 goals with extra kills (more than 185 bosses to kill)???................
    B)- Are we gona have now only 15 goals instead of 20 for Normal EB, which will add to the same 150 kills?? while Legendary EB remains the same?
    C)- With the later levels..............are you gona make their Health increase again in the 100k+ and 150k+?? which was an EPIC FAIL

Please if you are gona communicate with players, try to actually provide information that will make players understand what will really happen.

as of right now.............knowing GREE history, most players are already expecting EB to be worst than before with even more boss kills and many are already talking about not even trying EB.....................

and all becuase of this post which is really confusing

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    That's great but no one wants to kill more bosses - it is really actually boring killing 150 then doing legendary

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunagirl View Post
    That's great but no one wants to kill more bosses - it is really actually boring killing 150 then doing legendary
    it gets so boring that I could get to boss 100, but was is the point now, since the "good" prize is at boss 150, so I only do guild kills and I am done, (so about 6-9 bosses per day)

mainly the LOOOOOONG time it takes to trigger a boss, I wish they adjust it like in MW, now you can trigger a boss from 1 minutes or less (most of the time) or they actually make so that ANY action in KA triggers a boss

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    So far we have some problems:

1). The daily unit, the Oakheart Peace Offering, with the -1% lockbox cooldown only works on 2/4 of my toons. Doesn't even get added in on one of them, one has it added in, but doesn't save any time. The other two save @ 1 minute.
    Will this one stack?

2). The Oakheart Lizardling Sage which we get 6 of for 10/24 (25 kills) have a 1% Magic attack boost, but it does not stack.
    Purple Squirrel

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Ditto, sent a ticket in, and having the only tech respond when the event is over. No resolution, but I wanted to provide job security.