Last weekend's Frontline event- I have a screenshot of the Indy goal that clearly shows you had to score 17,000,000 deploy points in a single war. I have two accounts. Each account scored in excess of 20m in a single war. I was not awarded the units I earned, but miraculously, all of the carriers I used were deducted from my account. I submitted two tickets, and on each ticket, I submitted a screenshot of my points for the battles where I exceeded the Indy goal. I've been told that I in fact did not score the points my post battle screenshots say I scored.

Was the Indy goal 17m in one battle? That's a simple yes or no.

I have two post battle screenshots showing 22,758,583 and 21,242,432 points per account earned in a single battle. I'm not making this up, I have provided them to CS. Are these screenshots accurate? If not, just what *is* accurate? Additionally, why did my account debit enough units for these scores, but not credit me with the unit I earned?

Finally, why is customer service so combative when I've provided definitive proof of meeting and exceeding the Indy goal? It's almost like they haven't even looked at the screenshots provided.

I fully expect to get nuked as a result of my frustration, through no fault of my own.

Tickets 2861838 and 2862160.